AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Power Conditioners

Power Conditioners Voltage regulation to AC Regeneration

Old 09-27-2016, 05:19 PM

Default Furman PST8D for TV and Direct box

Anyone using these strips which seem a lot better for a TV and Direct receiver etc rather than your basic power strips?

• Advanced Linear Filtering dramatically reduces AC line noise and
contamination resulting in improved audio/video clarity
• Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus (SMP+) for the highest level of AC surge
suppression
• Automatic extreme voltage shutdown guards your valuable equipment
from dangerous wiring faults
• Zero ground contamination circuitry assures the delivery of pure AC
power thus protecting critical audio/video components
• Cable satellite and Telco connectors deliver advanced protection to
connected equipment
• Isolated outlet banks keep digital and analog components from
interfering with each other
Old 09-27-2016, 08:36 PM

I have used a Furman PST8D on my TV equipment for 6 or 8 years. It has always worked well. I have had to reset the ON & OFF switch when the power has tripped the Furman (the blue light goes to red).
2 channel system: Parasound JC 1+ Mono Amplifiers; Luxman C900u preamp; Acoustech PH-1P phono preamp; VPI Classic, Ortofon A90; Esoteric K-03 & Vacuum State GMBH modified Sony ES5400 SACD/CD; REVEL Ultima Salon 2; Shunyata EVEREST, Shunyata Sigma V2 XC, Shunyata Sigma & Alpha, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse Series 7 IC's,Phono Cables are Tellurium Q Silver Diamond, Audience, Lessloss, Acrolink, Teresonic Silver EXP, Tellurium Q Silver Diamond speaker cables; HyperSpike HS-5 rack;Stillpoints Ultra 5 V2 under amps & preamp
Old 09-27-2016, 09:54 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Dave.......The Furman PST8D looks to be a good quality power strip with some beneficial features. This should do what you need it to do.

I use a SurgeX EF2 Surge Eliminator/Power Conditioner from the wall receptacle then use that to power an APC Back-UPS ES 750 uninterruptible power supply to power my DirecTV satellite receiver and Sony 53" XBR widescreen television. Having the UPS in the power chain keeps my satellite receiver from having to reboot and download the entire guide every time there is a momentary power glitch, and here in north Florida there are plenty of those when thunderstorms roll in. The UPS is powerful enough to keep the satellite receiver and the TV on for about 15 minutes. Usually a short power glitch lasts only seconds but that's long enough to force the satellite receiver to reboot. The UPS unit puts a stop to all of that.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/power...installed.html

SurgeX EF2

APC Back-UPS ES 750

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 09-27-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:31 PM

thanks Dan for the link and info, I will look into one of those and I may need to add the SurgeX EF2 Surge for the direct and TV, I already see a better picture with the furman installed.

I own a very large UPS well about 10 of them for PC's etc. I have and I forget the model on the audiophile/tv grade S wave units with battery backup from APC, I think it was over $1500 new. seems like it is a S20BLK?

It to is suppose to have surge, filter noise etc. it does pretty good, better than most, but does great for AC backup. I find most APC stuff is great and power backup, only fair on noise and line protections.

Anyway after all that damage 2 weeks ago guess I am paranoid and going a little overkill..
Old 09-27-2016, 10:36 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Dave.......Check with Ivan if you are interested in SurgeX products. He is a SurgeX dealer.

I know what you mean about trying to protect your gear. I use Leviton Surge Protection outlets in places where I don't have other surge type devices deployed, like on my microwave over circuit, and several other outlets where I have electronics powered. Even with the Ditek surge arrestors on two panels I still use auxiliary protection wherever I deem it necessary. Surge protection is cheap compared to equipment replacement.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A