AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 10-16-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvis View Post
Can someone tell me if there were other generations of WW Electra power cords before the Electra 7? If so, what is different about the 7?
I have WW Electra 5^2s and don't know what distinguishes them from the 7 except, as Stephen notes, for the replacement of Composilex by Composilex II.

If it will help--and you don't mind a comparison with the 5^2 as well as waiting a few days until after it arrives--I've just ordered a Venom HC to see how it stacks up against the WW running from the wall to the Blue Circle power conditioner in my bedroom system. My Sonographe amp's power cord is hardwired in, so I can't do a direct shootout using the amp.

Depending on how the comparison goes, I'll share my impressions either here or in the Shunyata forum.
Main: Win 10 AMD A12 laptop, JRiver Media Center 22 audio player, with music fed by 3TB external drive, Wireworld Starlight 7 USB cable, TEAC UD-501 DAC, upgraded SOTA Sapphire III, Origin Live Encounter Mk3c/Ortofon 2M Black, Graham Slee Era Gold V, McIntosh MR77, Oppo BDP-83, conrad johnson Premier 17LS (6922EH) & MF2500, Paradigm SE-3s. Wireworld Eclipse 7 ICs, Blue Jeans/Belden 5T00UP SC. PS Audio Dectet, Wireworld Electra 5/2 PCs (BDP-83, PR17LS, Dectet), Hubbell HBL5362 duplex outlet. GIK standard 244 and scatter-plate 244 and Soffit traps.

Home Office: Win 10 PC/JRiver Media Center 22 audio player, with music fed by 4TB external drive, Wireworld Solstice mini-to-RCA IC, c-j Sonographe SC-25, Sonographe SA250, Paradigm SE-1, WW Equinox 6 IC, Blue Jeans/Belden 5T00UP speaker cable, Shunyata Hydra PLC.

Bedroom: Win 10 i7 laptop/JRiver Media Center 22 audio player, with music fed by 4TB external USB drive connected via Wireworld Starlight 7 USB 3.0 cable; Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 USB cable to Uptone Audio ReGen via USPCB A>B Adapter; TEAC UD-501; Luminous Audio Axiom Mk. II passive preamp; c-j Sonographe SA250; stand-mounted Paradigm Studio 20 v.5s; WW Eclipse 7 ICs; Blue Jeans/Belden 5T00UP speaker cable; Blue Circle Thingee FX 0e PLC; PS Audio Power Port; Stillpoints Ultra Minis under laptop, UD-501, and SA250; rubber-and-cork isolators under 4TB external drive; GIK 244, 244 Scatter Plate, 224, and Monster traps; DIY 4"-thick 12"x15" traps.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtranr View Post
I have WW Electra 5^2s and don't know what distinguishes them from the 7 except, as Stephen notes, for the replacement of Composilex by Composilex II.

If it will help--and you don't mind a comparison with the 5^2 as well as waiting a few days until after it arrives--I've just ordered a Venom HC to see how it stacks up against the WW running from the wall to the Blue Circle power conditioner in my bedroom system. My Sonographe amp's power cord is hardwired in, so I can't do a direct shootout using the amp.

Depending on how the comparison goes, I'll share my impressions either here or in the Shunyata forum.
I look forward to reading the results of your comparison.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvis View Post
I look forward to reading the results of your comparison.
I apologize for raising expectations, but, after giving it some thought based on my experience with my existing Wireworld lineup, I've changed my plans and cancelled the Venom HC order. I plan instead to compare the WW Electra 7 to my Electra 5^2 to determine what, if any, differences I can hear between them. Once I've done the comparison, I'll post my impressions in a separate thread here on the WW board.

Jim
Main: Win 10 AMD A12 laptop, JRiver Media Center 22 audio player, with music fed by 3TB external drive, Wireworld Starlight 7 USB cable, TEAC UD-501 DAC, upgraded SOTA Sapphire III, Origin Live Encounter Mk3c/Ortofon 2M Black, Graham Slee Era Gold V, McIntosh MR77, Oppo BDP-83, conrad johnson Premier 17LS (6922EH) & MF2500, Paradigm SE-3s. Wireworld Eclipse 7 ICs, Blue Jeans/Belden 5T00UP SC. PS Audio Dectet, Wireworld Electra 5/2 PCs (BDP-83, PR17LS, Dectet), Hubbell HBL5362 duplex outlet. GIK standard 244 and scatter-plate 244 and Soffit traps.

Home Office: Win 10 PC/JRiver Media Center 22 audio player, with music fed by 4TB external drive, Wireworld Solstice mini-to-RCA IC, c-j Sonographe SC-25, Sonographe SA250, Paradigm SE-1, WW Equinox 6 IC, Blue Jeans/Belden 5T00UP speaker cable, Shunyata Hydra PLC.

Bedroom: Win 10 i7 laptop/JRiver Media Center 22 audio player, with music fed by 4TB external USB drive connected via Wireworld Starlight 7 USB 3.0 cable; Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 USB cable to Uptone Audio ReGen via USPCB A>B Adapter; TEAC UD-501; Luminous Audio Axiom Mk. II passive preamp; c-j Sonographe SA250; stand-mounted Paradigm Studio 20 v.5s; WW Eclipse 7 ICs; Blue Jeans/Belden 5T00UP speaker cable; Blue Circle Thingee FX 0e PLC; PS Audio Power Port; Stillpoints Ultra Minis under laptop, UD-501, and SA250; rubber-and-cork isolators under 4TB external drive; GIK 244, 244 Scatter Plate, 224, and Monster traps; DIY 4"-thick 12"x15" traps.