AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 06-28-2016, 12:15 PM

Default BRYSTON BDP DIGITAL PLAYERS NOW Roon Ready

Bryston S2.28 Firmware Update offers Roon Ready Capability for Digital Music

Players BDP-1, BDP-1USB and BDP-2

Elegant music library management and TIDAL integration enhances user experience for award winning Bryston digital music players

Bryston (bryston.com) has announced new firmware version S2.28 for their digital music players that delivers Roon Ready capability. Roon Labs has created a software solution that delivers the ultimate user experience by merging Bryston’s exceptional BDP digital playback hardware with an intuitive, graphically rich music library management and playback software. Users get the superb sound of Bryston digital players with a highly refined user interface.

Tech Talk:
When using Roon, there are three components involved: The Roon Core, which must exist within a computer (PC or MAC) or a compatible drive on the home network so that it can have local access to your digital music collection, a remote or user interface (iOS or Android device as well as any computer) also on the network, and an end point—which in this case would be any Bryston digital music player. Adapting the Bryston BDP music players so that they are now Roon Ready devices enables users to benefit from the remarkable sound quality of Bryston's BDP-1, BDP-1USB and BDP-2 players with a bright, colorful and intuitive user interface that provides new features and accessibility to the listening experience. Roon transfers the audio files to the Bryston BDP player using a bit perfect system, enabling Bryston’s ultra-precise clock, linear power supply and custom integrated audio device (IAD) to convert ,the content to a digital bitstream that is ready for an outboard DAC.

Another advantage of the Roon interface is their unique approach to TIDAL lossless streaming integration for subscribers. Now BDP users can have their TIDAL favorites aggregated with their local\ music library so that searches and playlists can include content from both sources. With a simple firmware update, all BDP-1, BDP-1USB and BDP-2 devices become Roon Ready. Use the

Update Firmware function in Settings to update to the new version S2.28 firmware. Bryston is offering a free 60-day Roon trial coupon for a limited time. Interested users can learn more at roonlabs.com.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:56 PM

Fantastic!
Home Theater: Sonos->MCD1100,Oppo 105D,Cary 306/200,MVP-871->SP3->C500T->MC501x3+MC402x2+MC252->PL300+F113x2+PL350+4xPL InWall+PL100,PL100 in games room,VPL-VW500ES, Shunyata Sigma HCx3, Shunyata Analogx2, Alpha HCx2, Alpha Digital, Wire World Silver Electra x8
Great Room: BDP-09FD,Sonos->MCD500->MX119->MC501x3+2xMA700s->PL200+PLC150+GRFX+F112,PRO-141FD
Kid's Room: Sonos,Oppo 95->MX119->HCA1200mkii+4xMA700s->GR20s+FB210+GRLCR+2xGRFX,PRO-101FD
Home Gym: Sonos->Oppo 105->MC252->GR10s+FB210,TC-P55ST60
Office at work: Cary 306/200, Michell Gyro SE w/TechnoArm+Meastro Wood->6900->GR10s+SB12-Plus
Cottage: iPod,Oppo 95->Marantz SR7009->PSB Silver+ GRLCR+Silver FXi, MA700+PSB Mini in sunroom
Old 06-28-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad.Wagner View Post
Fantastic!
The new software for the BDP to accept Roon should be ready by weeks end.

james
Old 06-28-2016, 03:34 PM

And also, for you RoonHeads out there, there is an official RoonServer version/install for certain Synology and QNAP NAS systems. No longer do you even need a computer in the mix.
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 06-28-2016, 05:23 PM

Default Not for me.

While I applaud Bryston Engineers for attempting to keep their digital players improving, I have no need for Roon as I am satisfied the way the interface looks now. I don't care about colorful interface, just the music.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:02 PM

Bryston BDP + Roon Labs = LOVE „[UNIQID]
Old 06-28-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
While I applaud Bryston Engineers for attempting to keep their digital players improving, I have no need for Roon as I am satisfied the way the interface looks now. I don't care about colorful interface, just the music.
That works too!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 06-28-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post
And also, for you RoonHeads out there, there is an official RoonServer version/install for certain Synology and QNAP NAS systems. No longer do you even need a computer in the mix.
Any idea what the Synology package is called? I looked on my DS415Play and don't seem to see anything that says Roon.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2016, 07:01 PM

Never mind. After poking around on the Roon site I seen my Synology CPU is not recommended, it's an Atom plus I don't have SSD drives so 2 strikes. 3rd strike is only 1GB of memory.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:08 PM

Help...Updated BDP-1 frmware, switched to Roon ready, signed up Roon, download sftware, added music files, but Roon doesn't list BDP-1 on network but "sees" both apple tv devices on network.

I can log into BDP-1 from same server running Roon, so netwook seems OK...server is latest MacPro "trash can" running latest OSX.

Thoughts?

Steve