AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 07-04-2019, 03:32 PM

Default $500 to spend on Shunyata cabling

Currently, I am using a Shunyata Venom HC power cord between a dedicated 15A wall outlet and my Denali 6000S. Would it be preferable to “upgrade” that connection with a just-released Venom NR-V10 power cord or to spend that same money on two Venom 14 power cords to replace “inferior” ones currently connecting a couple of my less-used front-end components to the Denali?
Old 07-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVphile View Post
Currently, I am using a Shunyata Venom HC power cord between a dedicated 15A wall outlet and my Denali 6000S. Would it be preferable to “upgrade” that connection with a just-released Venom NR-V10 power cord or to spend that same money on two Venom 14 power cords to replace “inferior” ones currently connecting a couple of my less-used front-end components to the Denali?
I would get two Venom 14s for your components, the Denali 6000S already provides a significant degree of noise reduction. If you one of these is a DAC or phono stage, etc., you could get one of the new Venom HC V2 power cords for that device, and then use a Venom 14 for a disc player, or the other lesser used component. That would still be within budget.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:14 PM
On Florida's Slow Coast

AVphile... good question. You may have one more option. Upgrade the power cable on the 6000S to the Delta level, maybe the sweet spot in their line. It's a 20 Amp as you know. Switch out the dedicated receptacle to hospital grade. That change would benefit everything in your system. You may need to save for the upgrade but long range it could be worth it. Borrow one from The Cable Company to check the improvement in your system, the only worthwhile test. You can buy lots of decent cables for your other sources on the used market. But first, call Shunyata and talk to the people who actually know something about the subject and make sensible recommendations.
Wilson Yvette speakers, Conrad-Johnson ART88 pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Rega Planar 10 turntable / Apheta 3 cartridge,Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse IC and speaker, I AQ Hurricane, Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 2 conditioner, dCS Bartok DAC/Streamer

Last edited by Coppy; 07-04-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:26 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
AVphile... good question. You may have one more option. Upgrade the power cable on the 6000S to the Delta level, maybe the sweet spot in their line. It's a 20 Amp as you know. Switch out the dedicated receptacle to hospital grade. That change would benefit everything in your system. You may need to save for the upgrade but long range it could be worth it. Borrow one from The Cable Company to check the improvement in your system, the only worthwhile test. You can buy lots of decent cables for your other sources on the used market. But first, call Shunyata and talk to the people who actually know something about the subject and make sensible recommendations.
Good advice.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:32 PM
On Florida's Slow Coast

Hey Puma Cat...

Thanks for your comment... we agree on a number of things, including Conrad-Johnson. You may recall I had some LP140 monos as well.

Enjoy...
Wilson Yvette speakers, Conrad-Johnson ART88 pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Rega Planar 10 turntable / Apheta 3 cartridge,Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse IC and speaker, I AQ Hurricane, Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 2 conditioner, dCS Bartok DAC/Streamer
Old 07-04-2019, 10:29 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Hey Puma Cat...

Thanks for your comment... we agree on a number of things, including Conrad-Johnson. You may recall I had some LP140 monos as well.

Enjoy...
You're welcome!

I do remember you had some LP140s...

Still using my LP-70S...
Old 07-04-2019, 10:37 PM
On Florida's Slow Coast

Great Amplifier.

It will keep making wonderful music as long as you need it to.

Bob