AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 10-09-2019, 01:58 PM

Thanks for your opinions - really would like to hear some more - perhaps from an owner of Sabrina as well as Yvette (I suppose there are not so many out there owning both models) describing especially the differences in the higher octaves ?
Old 10-09-2019, 11:09 PM

I don't comment much here these days (two <4 yr old kids keep me busy but I do lurk) But I will add my perceptive.

I own both the Sabrina and Yvette. I have also owned the Sasha 1 and 2 and Duette 2. Yes I have a problem! Ha!

In terms of upper octave, the sound is similar enough for me to be more than satisfied with both for medium volume listening and normal sized living rooms. The area where I think they diverge more is filling the room and at higher volumes. The Yvette is a larger speaker and I think it does a much better job at filling the room compared to Sabrina. It also sounds more natural at higher volumes and has more end to end range and oomph.

So if your room is small, I think Sabrina is an excellent fit and you can spend the difference in better DAC and amps. If your room is large, I would encourage you to take a deep listen to both to make sure you are satisfied and understand those limitations.

Either way, both speakers are amazing! Personally, the Sabrina's get most of the use in my family as it's in the living room and we listen as we cook etc....the Yvette is more of my sit down and chill speaker.

Happy to answer more questions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitarbeiter1 View Post
Thanks for your opinions - really would like to hear some more - perhaps from an owner of Sabrina as well as Yvette (I suppose there are not so many out there owning both models) describing especially the differences in the higher octaves ?
Work Audeze LCD-XC, Audeze Deckard
Old 10-09-2019, 11:15 PM

One more thing I will throw out there, if you get a chance to listen to the Duette 2, that also gives quite the sound in a small package. May be worth a listen.

Unfortunately for me, I had repeated quality issues where i had to return the speaker twice so I didn't take a chance on another one and moved to Sabrina. Hopefully it was a fluke speaker but you should listen to one if you can
Old 10-10-2019, 02:31 AM

Thanks-that helps. Room is about 50 square meters but behaves like a smaller one. Normally we hear at low listening levels with the Sabrina. So microdynamic for me is more important than concert levels. As you say Sabrina sounds best in mid levels. She needs a little bit of volume. Sounds like upgrading to Yvette isn't a must.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfaulkner View Post
I don't comment much here these days (two <4 yr old kids keep me busy but I do lurk) But I will add my perceptive.

I own both the Sabrina and Yvette. I have also owned the Sasha 1 and 2 and Duette 2. Yes I have a problem! Ha!

In terms of upper octave, the sound is similar enough for me to be more than satisfied with both for medium volume listening and normal sized living rooms. The area where I think they diverge more is filling the room and at higher volumes. The Yvette is a larger speaker and I think it does a much better job at filling the room compared to Sabrina. It also sounds more natural at higher volumes and has more end to end range and oomph.

So if your room is small, I think Sabrina is an excellent fit and you can spend the difference in better DAC and amps. If your room is large, I would encourage you to take a deep listen to both to make sure you are satisfied and understand those limitations.

Either way, both speakers are amazing! Personally, the Sabrina's get most of the use in my family as it's in the living room and we listen as we cook etc....the Yvette is more of my sit down and chill speaker.

Happy to answer more questions!
What is your view on Yvette vs Sasha 2 ?
Old 10-10-2019, 11:03 AM

For me, I like the Yvette better. It's smaller so it fits my room better visually and musically.

I don't listen to a lot of music with significant bass or at very high volumes so I didn't notice any difference in sound between the two for the music I listen to.

I think where the Sasha 2 is a better fit is when the volume is higher or the room is much larger and you need that extra volume and resonance. I also think it's better from a bass perspective.

Depending on your taste of music, volume levels and room size, ymmv.

Another thing Sasha has going for it is adjustability. For me, it wasn't night and day different for the price increase. Also, now with kids, my furniture arrangement changes enough that the level of precision it attempts to provide is pointless (for me).

Both are great speakers! Enjoy the ability to have a choice and the process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoz View Post
What is your view on Yvette vs Sasha 2 ?
Old 10-10-2019, 11:55 AM

When i was shopping for a speaker, my two finalist were yg hailey and the yvette.
Made a deposit to the yvette since i cant strech my funds to get the hailey, i was also
Very much content with the yvette that it did not bother me anymore,...until i heard
The sasha 2 and my world turned upside down. Long story short, i got me a loan to
Get the sasha 2.

The difference between the sasha 2 and yvette is the former has a more silent cabinet,
A bit laid back in presentation,wider soundstage, and a more extended lows and highs.
The adjustable mids and highs is also a very big plus for me.

Elmer
Old 10-10-2019, 12:02 PM

For sure the Yvette is the better looking speaker especially as you walk past the rear of the speaker as you enter my room. However I listen to a lot of loud bass heavy music and I'm looking to upgrade from Sophia 2 so the Sasha is probably the way to go. Thanks for the comments.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoz View Post
For sure the Yvette is the better looking speaker especially as you walk past the rear of the speaker as you enter my room. However I listen to a lot of loud bass heavy music and I'm looking to upgrade from Sophia 2 so the Sasha is probably the way to go. Thanks for the comments.
If that's the case, sounds like the Sasha is a better choice for you. Might be some good deals on Sasha 2 used!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:10 AM

hi all,
I have a quick and maybe silly question,
I'm totally new to Wilson but hooked. I always wanted Sonus Faber, primarily (and I'm not even trying to deny it) bc of their superb finish and appearance.
Allow me the comment, the Wilson looks very freaky. Which I like.
long story short, on a 15-30k budget - which one would you choose and is it competitive with SF hommage for instance?

I'm using 2*611 Mac's to fire them up and have a very wide spectrum from classic to electronic music.

thanks