AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Integrated

Integrated All in one, Still in Style

Old 04-30-2017, 03:09 AM
Life is beautiful

Ivan ships to any coast...
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 05-16-2017, 07:42 PM

Last edited by ruffoc; 06-17-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:42 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffoc View Post
I know this thread is old but could you tell me a little about the differences between the MA2275 and the Bryston B-60? In addition I'm interested in learning how good the B-60 phono stage is
I liked pretty much everything about the B-60RP. It took a while to deliver as mine was the first they had built with an internal phono stage. I was listening to a Shure V15MR at the time and it was a terrific match. Had no adjustment for loading that I recall, but it worked very well with the Shure. Wore out a couple of styli with it. A really nice sound piece that I describe as fast & accurate without being bright.
The MA2275 just wouldn't 'sing' for me. I had a C2200 & pair or reissue MC75s and wanted to down size (always a mistake ). Frank Gow was at Audio Classics at the time and I always dealt with him (a total class act - may he RIP). Frank warned me that I was making a mistake, but I did not listen. I tried several months of tube-rolling and never could get a sound that I liked thru my 3 different sets of speakers. Just did not work for my ears. One of the most 'blah' sounding pieces of gear I've owned.
Since then I've had a BAT VK-300xSE and my current Cary SLI-80. Both terrific pieces of gear that are up there with the B-60RP, MA-6850 & MA-6600. Could easily live with any of them.
Hope I've answered your questions.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 05-17-2017, 07:37 PM

I think I am at the end of my OCD fueled quest. Accuphase E-600 does it better than anything I have owned or auditioned.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 05-17-2017, 07:41 PM

Last edited by ruffoc; 06-17-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
I think I am at the end of my OCD fueled quest. Accuphase E-600 does it better than anything I have owned or auditioned.
...but you haven't auditioned a Pass INT-250.....

just sayin'.....
Old 05-19-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
...but you haven't auditioned a Pass INT-250.....

just sayin'.....
I actually did. Accuphase won out by a decent margin. The E-600 has excellent synergy with all my components!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 05-20-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
I actually did. Accuphase won out by a decent margin. The E-600 has excellent synergy with all my components!
I didn't see that review (if you posted it). You started with the 460, correct?

OT, but I had a chance to listen to those 7t's while up in Chicago the other week. Very nice. I mentioned that they reminded me of some ADS's I had several years ago and very much enjoyed, and was told that the fellow who founded AA had previously been responsible for design and production at ADS.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
I didn't see that review (if you posted it). You started with the 460, correct?

OT, but I had a chance to listen to those 7t's while up in Chicago the other week. Very nice. I mentioned that they reminded me of some ADS's I had several years ago and very much enjoyed, and was told that the fellow who founded AA had previously been responsible for design and production at ADS.
No review yet. Still breaking in the E-600.

It's been an interesting journey for sure. Started with Luxman L-590AX, then Accuphase E-470, then GATO Amp 150 (imported by Michael Kelly of Aerial Acoustics) and now Accuphase E-600. I auditioned a whole bunch of Pass gear including both integrateds. Really great gear. I just preferred the Accuphase, not to mention all the additional features it had over the Pass. The INT 250 is a great amp!

Old 05-20-2017, 05:39 PM

I've always enjoyed the Accuphase gear. Heard a lot of it in Kobe and loved the musicality of all their stuff. Solid choice.