AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Schiit

Schiit Designed For The Real World

Old 12-31-2017, 02:21 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Serge.......So true. Nothing substitutes hands-on experience.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 12-31-2017, 02:30 PM

I plan on doing a three way shootout between the Asgard, Valhalla and Lyr using: the same wireworld silver Electra 7 power cord, silver Eclipse 7 RCA ICs, using RGPC power conditioner, Schiit Gumby DAC and Roon/Tidal as well as spinning some CDs with Gumby crunching the bits.

Focal, Sennheisers, Audeze, Mr.Speakers and Fostex headphones of various impedances and sensitivities will be driven by the above gear and using high resolution music of various genres to get a true feeling for what each amps strengths and weakness are will share my findings. Schiit is about to get serious. I will not get into tube rolling much other than trying stock vs Gold Lions to keep things simpler.

This will be a Schiit battle only, my other amps will not participate in this shootout as it is not fair nor productive to compare amps costings multiples of the price of Schiit amps. Of course I will mention it if I feel one of the Schiit amps stands head and shoulders above others and comes close to challenging the other amps I use as my reference. That would create true "value" and an honest, unbiased opinion of which of the Schiit amps offers more bang for the buck.

Last edited by PHC1; 12-31-2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:33 PM

I had a Lyr paired with DT880's with wonderful results. A lot of bang for buck when its comes to this shciit
Old 01-04-2018, 04:16 PM

The Lyr 2 arrived yesterday. Gold Lions installed right out of the gates and stock tubes may never see the light of day.

I let it play all day yesterday and just sat down to listen to it this afternoon. With the Audeze LCD3 and Wireworld Nano Platinum cable, Lyr 2 sounds absolutely gorgeous. Then again all my amps sound gorgeous with the LCD3 which is quickly becoming my absolute favorite set of cans. The midrange is simply intoxicating. I will have to try my other cans with the Lyr2 if I can break away from the LCD3. Still, I find the Lyr 2 to be liquid, smooth, gorgeous mids, with the Gold Lions at least and I am loving the ease and flow of music. The Lyr 2 has complete control over the LCD3 and at 110ohm/102dB efficiency and the Lyr 2's crazy specs, it should.

I'll reserve more detailed comments for later but so far the Lyr 2 definitely has my attention.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:59 AM

PHC1... Great to hear.
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 01-18-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
The Lyr 2 arrived yesterday. Gold Lions installed right out of the gates and stock tubes may never see the light of day.

I let it play all day yesterday and just sat down to listen to it this afternoon. With the Audeze LCD3 and Wireworld Nano Platinum cable, Lyr 2 sounds absolutely gorgeous. Then again all my amps sound gorgeous with the LCD3 which is quickly becoming my absolute favorite set of cans. The midrange is simply intoxicating. I will have to try my other cans with the Lyr2 if I can break away from the LCD3. Still, I find the Lyr 2 to be liquid, smooth, gorgeous mids, with the Gold Lions at least and I am loving the ease and flow of music. The Lyr 2 has complete control over the LCD3 and at 110ohm/102dB efficiency and the Lyr 2's crazy specs, it should.

I'll reserve more detailed comments for later but so far the Lyr 2 definitely has my attention.
Great! I just bought the Lyr 2. Can't wait to try this amp with my LCD-2C and my Atticus.