AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 09-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Mid field maven

@Steve: That's interesting. I ordered a pair of M-Lores a few weeks back from Eric for my daughter.

How would you characterize the differences between the Omens and the standard Lores?
Old 10-16-2011, 02:17 AM
Mid field maven

@Tonepub: Hey Jeff - what happened to the Zen Torii review in issue 40? I don't see it in there...
Old 10-16-2011, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitycoupled
@Tonepub: Hey Jeff - what happened to the Zen Torii review in issue 40? I don't see it in there...
I guess that it will be rather difficult for Jeff to answer here !
Email him to Tone Audio.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Mid field maven

As my Zen Torii will be here very soon, I just went back and re-read this thread. I was dismayed to see that Tonepub has apparently been banned. Seriously, people, are we that sensitive that we just ban people for having an argument on the forum? I can't see what was so bad about the exchanges he had with other members in this thread.

Now, I have nothing against Chinese products per se, and I do buy them when I have no other choice. For example, I prefer the excellent Apple MacBooks over any other computer and I buy them even though they are made in China. However, if there were a comparable American-made product, I would purchase that, even if it cost more.

I try to use US made products in my audio system as much as possible. The Harbeth speakers are an exception, but for that particular system, I really do prefer them above all others.

I saw all the comments about Chinese products on Steve Deckert's website before he took them down and honestly they were a selling point for me. I appreciate these small American companies made up of true enthusiasts who build great products, sell them for a fair price and support them into the future. That is a great contrast to many Asian manufacturers that produce an endless variety of products that are quickly forgotten by the company as soon as the new model comes out.

Folks, our economy is in the toilet. Everyone is complaining about jobs. As consumers, we need to give first preference to American products and support them when we can, even if they cost more.

Now let's UNBAN Tonepub!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:42 PM

There was more to it. It was a sponsorship issue. Nothing to do with the threads and posts.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 AM

Default Decware Zen Torii

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitycoupled View Post
Ok, so I placed my order for the Zen Torii today. With all the positive comments I'm hearing about this amp, not to mention the almost fanatical devotion of Decware owners in general, I'm really looking forward to hearing how it sounds. I spoke directly with Steve and was impressed with his willingness to speak directly to customers even though he must be crazy busy.

I ordered the standard attenuator, since Steve didn't seem to think it made much difference. He did comment that the non-stepped attenuator is a little "warmer" sounding. The only customization I requested was that one of the inputs be wired variable (i.e., attenuator in line) and the other "direct", as Steve put it, so that the Torii could be used as a power amp with a preamplifier.

As a side note, my cousin, who heard my Zu Omen + Bottlehead S.E.X. setup a few weeks back and was so taken with the sound that he's making the leap from his home theater system. He just ordered a Decware SE84C+ and a pair of Tekton Lores! That ought to be a very nice sounding match, which he's putting in a small dedicated listening room.
Did you receive your Zen Torii and what did you think of it?