AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 06-12-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
I need to stop reading these threads.
And you would be right

After reading similar threads and subsequently falling in love with Accuphase, in less than two years I bought:

E-303x
DP-510
C-275
P-700
T-107
DG-58
T-106
C-2420
DP-75

And even if I try hard, I don't really manage to convince myself to sell anything (safe the C-275 that was a bit defective). Instead I created a second and third systems

Time tu unsubscribe from Audio Aficionado, if not, my girlfriend on day would unsubscribe from me

Last edited by Mattia; 06-12-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by turntable View Post
I need to stop reading these threads.

Now I feel like some Accuphase gear.
Know what you mean. Once I move out of the current "tube phase" (my phases generally last ~10yr) I can see an E-360 in my future.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 09-29-2015, 11:02 AM

I think Accuphase delivers good performance for the price. Good balance.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:43 PM

The problem is comparing gears to gears. Better to compare gear with Classical concerts.
Attending Classical konzerts for some 35 years now and it's a feast to come home every time and push the A47 button. Highly addictiv !
5 star music rating.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:31 PM

I've only had the pleasure of listening to Accuphase on a few occasions and I was truly impressed but I've always liked the sound of MOS-FET and Class A in just about any gear that offers that combination. It just seems to tug at all the right musical and emotional strings within my soul. I was very happy with my Lamm gear as well but have never had the opportunity to compare directly.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:56 PM

I bought an Accuphase DP500 in 2007 and now 9 years later I still use it with satisfaction. I recall 2 or 3 years after I bought it the DP510 came out but for some reason it never caused me buyer remorse. Accuphase updates models like every 3 years w/c seem more often than other high end brands that tend to have 5 year refresh interval.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:15 AM

Default Love affair

I fell in love with Accuphase about 20 years ago. For me it is not a matter of superiority to other brands. It's more the Accuphase attitude to quality and tradition. In addition, it's a love affair without any disappointment and without pain of a broken heart...
Old 02-12-2016, 05:28 AM

I am new to the Accuphase family. I pretty much bought all my Accuphase gear sight unseen or unhear if that makes any sense. I have read the reputation Accuphase had for some time. In addition, I knew my particular speakers have been matched with Accuphase at audio shows and received raved reviews. So, when I had the opportunity to move to Japan I took it. I was not in Japan for more than a couple weeks when I bought the A-70 and C-3850. Hooked them up to my Franco Serblin Ktemas and "wow" they were a match in heaven. Not to precise and not to warm. Only time has made them sing that much more. Soon after I picked up the DC-37 and again glad I did. Brought the digital side of my system up to par with my analog side. The Accuphase gear will never be traded or sold for other gear. I am done until the upgrade