AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 10-27-2013, 08:25 AM

Here are the last 4 pictures which I like to share.

1. The Audio Desk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner.
2. The Audio Desk Systeme Cover.
3. Avantgarde Pre-Amp Remote Control.
4. My Vinyl Collection - house in an Ikea Expedit Shelf.

Well, before I go into describing my new found system's performance, gear by gear, I'll start with the simple to use BUT fantastically great vinyl cleaner - The Audio Desk Systeme.

Its amazing what this equipment can do to 40 years old records, as the one in the picture - Cliff Richard's 31st February Street! First, the record, after cleaning looks shiny and gleaming. When the Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII hit the groove, its SILENCE! No cackle, pit or pops! Just silence! And then music ... which I grew up with as a schoolboy! Its just keeps playing on and on .... and I just sat there, listening as well as smiling! The final phrase that sealed the purchase - from my dear wife was - "the record looks so new, unlike what you told me - 40 years old". "The sound so clean, LIKE CD! And its SOOOO MUSICAL, unlike your CD's"! Seriously, I believe her ... as I do know and recognised that women, in general, hear things better than us - men! Some of you may choose to differ, but I believe this!

Now I am NOT going to reveal the price but all I can say is, I got it cheaper than the US$4k as advertised. No quarrels with that! Plus a acrylic cover thrown in! What more to ask?

Next, the Avantgarde X Pre-Amp Remote. Its milled out of solid aluminium. Look at the handle, the work done is simply gorgeous! A case of the "singer singing his song"? Perhaps, but seriously, if there's a chance, go listen. Its not cheap as a combo, but as compared to what's the top gears today, I'll say its a bargain!

Last but no least, the el-cheapo IKEA Expedit shelf is amazing. Can store close to 600 pieces of LP! Cost? S$115 only. Less than US$100. Of course, one had to labor the package home and assembled. As I am an idiot in such things, paid the labor and transportation (plus sales tax) and all it costs is about S$170. Still a bargain and it really looked good!

Ok, so much for this. I'll share my TURNTABLE experience - arm for arm as well as the restored/rebuilt Thorens TD125 LB - if you guys dont mind reading about my long, long stories.

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar

Last edited by jdandy; 10-27-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:28 AM

Forgot the pictures.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Audio Desk Systeme.jpg (90.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Avantgarde Pre-Amp Remote.jpg (96.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg My Record Collection 1.jpg (97.2 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by jdandy; 10-27-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Jerry.......I really like the Audio Desk Cover. Sitting the cleaning machine on the record cabinet works out perfectly. Looking good.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 10-27-2013, 09:55 AM

+1. The AudioDesk is a superb machine. Love the cover.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:31 PM

Last but not least, the special name plate (aluminium and etched too) for the speakers came in.

Avantgarde sure knows how to delight a customer! I am touched!

Now, I really have my name on the amps and speakers. How to sell/trade when something itchy comes along?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Special Plates For My speakers.jpg (92.2 KB, 442 views)

Last edited by jdandy; 11-08-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Jerry.......What a nice touch. Personalized AvantGuarde speakers.

SWEET!

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 02-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Mac + Ayre + Vivid + Stax

My dealer has just started selling Feickert TTs.

I've searched the brand here on AA and found this thread.

First I must scream: WOWWWWWwwww..... What a stunning system. That modern classic design of the Avantgarde system is very beautiful. I now have to find a way to listen to the Avantgarde sound and experience visually what seams to be amazing finish and details.

Second: What's Dr. Feickert reputation? Jerry, how's your experience with your TT?

Thanks, Pedro
ACDC - Back in Black. Adele - 19. Bryan Adams - Bare Bones. Diana Krall - Live in Paris; When I Look in Your Eyes. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms. Don Williams - Borrowed Tales. FleetwoodMac - Tango in the Night. Frank Sinatra - At the Sands. Genesis - A Trick of the Tail. Gipsy Kings - Love Songs. Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark. Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert. Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear. Marta Gómez - Entre Cada Palabra. Metallica - Metallica. Michael Jackson - Thriller. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed. Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder; Wish You Were Here. Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Live in Japan. U2 - Rattle and Hum.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:15 PM

Jerry...first class all the way I hope this system delights you for many years (ok, ok, let's start with months and hopefully progress to years )! But seriously, enjoy it in good health (and that is the most important thing to be thankful given your cartle blanche after the gall bladder extraction). So all around congrats!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
Forgot the pictures.

Jerry : Awesome !
Huge congrats and enjoy in great health my Friend !
I just ordered the same unit but without the cover.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal View Post
My dealer has just started selling Feickert TTs.

I've searched the brand here on AA and found this thread.

First I must scream: WOWWWWWwwww..... What a stunning system. That modern classic design of the Avantgarde system is very beautiful. I now have to find a way to listen to the Avantgarde sound and experience visually what seams to be amazing finish and details.

Second: What's Dr. Feickert reputation? Jerry, how's your experience with your TT?

Thanks, Pedro
Hi Pedro,

My apologies for not responding to your question as I was very traveling. In fact, since July, I have been making 2 trips to the US (total 3 weeks), a trip to UK (2 weeks) and now in Shanghai (1 week) and will only be back home this coming Saturday morning.

The Dr. Feickert Firebird is a very nice turntable. However, I still don't understand why there's a 78 rpm built in - that does not work! I had made inquiries (more like complaints to the local dealer) as each time I hit that speed, the belt simply drops off. More so, there's no new vinyl releases (and I don't think there would be any) at that speed. Finally, I was told, a fix is being worked on and forth coming.

For the normal 33/45 rpm, the turntable works like a gem. When playing vinyl, its dark - silence. Music just came forth, as its expected to be. Local dealer support is great too (except for the 78 rpm belt dropping off - yet to come).

I am very happy with the system, and thats probably why I have not even think about the elusive CD player - although I am still hooked on the thought of getting either a dCS Puccini/U-Clock combo or the slightly more expensive Esoteric K1/G1, now in the newer "x" release. Vinyl sounded so much better and if I do want some digital music, the every trusty Meridian Sooloos combo gives me the pleasure.

My record collection had since grown to over 780 pieces, 95% of which are sealed new or NOS stocks of old which I have sourced and collected whenever I am in the US.

Hope I have answered your question about the Dr. Feickert. Personally, if I am to buy a TT again, I would go for this or the Raven GT as an alternative choice .

Cheers!