AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 05:55 AM

Sorry you went through so much pain. I had covid but it was mild compared to yours. Only off work for four weeks, just the bronchial's (sic), exhaustion, coughing, back pain, loss of smell, periods of mental confusion, visits to the washroom as they say several times a day, I was truly very very lucky; a lot of internet church services etc helped me through. God drew it mild for me and I will be forever grateful.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio times View Post
Sorry you went through so much pain. I had covid but it was mild compared to yours. Only off work for four weeks, just the bronchial's (sic), exhaustion, coughing, back pain, loss of smell, periods of mental confusion, visits to the washroom as they say several times a day, I was truly very very lucky; a lot of internet church services etc helped me through. God drew it mild for me and I will be forever grateful.
Absolutely. As a Sunday school teacher, I can appreciate the theology implicit in your last line.

Today wasn't crazy, as I expected. But I know that big job is lurking, probably, so we'll see what the rest of the week brings.

The whole COVID episode has brought back into focus the on/off thought I've had of maybe selling my C2300 and MC501s within the next few years and going for a decent integrated. Maybe even a receiver. Or, sell the 501s and get some lighter monos (Odyssey Stratos, quite possibly). The 501 monos will surely be too much for me to manage at some point, and that point gets closer as I get older. The effects of COVID-19 showed me how weak (if not frail) I can become. Contending with two 91-lb amps won't be a good idea at some point. Next time I try dusting the shelves on my racks will tell me something on that, since I'd have to move the amps if I want to do things right.

I REALLY hope the gyms will reopen soon.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 06-01-2020, 06:48 PM

So glad that your real recovery is going apace. I'm trying to shop once a week.always with gloves and mask before they open,and I'm playing hide and seek with my 'esteemed colleague's' who see fit not to wear a mask at all times or hardly at all. I'm spraying all food packets with kitchen bleach then washing them down with water before the fridge, and I'm keeping my head on a 360 swivel and darting well off the path if I see a jogger or cyclist behind or in front of me.

Do not let your guard down for an instant when outside, this is far far from over,and tiny blighty has nearly 50% of your casualties. You shouldn't even dream of going to the gym in the near future. I'm staying in social lock down until it is over. I pray there isn't going to be a second wave, but I fear there will be. We have learned a healthy scorn for our er, leaders?? and the middle classes ignore what they say, and rightly so; they have re opened the primary schools and 85% of parents have refused. Only Greece got it right, shutting down in early Feb and they have had less than 200 fatalities.

As far as hi fi, my Ruark r5 is now doing splendid work in my bedroom, so there is a nice yawning gap in my living room for some twin speaker goodness. I only need dab/internet radio with a cd drive so I'm musing on the Naim uniti star still, or a really good internet receiver and a cd transport. I can pitch relatively long, or short, and there is no rush.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:35 PM
Semi-audiophile

This is my first week back at work. Monday was fairly ordinary; Tuesday afternoon was a bit hectic; Wednesday was a snoozer, as was Thursday AM.

Thursday PM it started to get crazy; today has been a wrecking ball. I'm still at work as I type (normal quitting time was 2.5 hours ago), awaiting another file for print as a TON of stuff came/is coming today. Plus, I may have to work tomorrow or Sunday, maybe a bit of both; it's unclear now (and not fun).

Just got a call from the director. We don't need to stay for the other job.

Ah, things are back to normal.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 06-06-2020, 07:37 AM

So glad. If you drive spray or clean your door handle before entry with gloves. I'm only doing normal shifts and I'm on nights next week thank goodness. Avoiding certain colleagues who don't wear masks hardly at all or never keeps me on my toes. Why are people born so dumb? No new cases for awhile at work at least. I'm ordering some face shields online when I get home tonight.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:37 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio times View Post
So glad. If you drive spray or clean your door handle before entry with gloves. I'm only doing normal shifts and I'm on nights next week thank goodness. Avoiding certain colleagues who don't wear masks hardly at all or never keeps me on my toes. Why are people born so dumb? No new cases for awhile at work at least. I'm ordering some face shields online when I get home tonight.
Face shields would be easier to breathe in than masks as it gets warmer, I'd think, and on these long exercise walks I take especially. I've seen some people wearing face shields on the street. Perhaps that's an option for me to look into.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:55 PM

Still haven't arrived yet, despite promises, now the seller is saying if I don't get it by the 17th apply for a refund. Scamming people for potential life saving goods is a new low.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:00 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Tread lightly please on any Covid-19 links, threads or comments. They are simply not permitted because they always spiral out of control going Political.

Thank you.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 07-11-2020, 03:08 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Tread lightly please on any Covid-19 links, threads or comments. They are simply not permitted because they always spiral out of control going Political.

Thank you.
I thought about that, but after I posted it. Wasn't sure if it went too far. Thanks for the heads up. I will delete it.
Old 08-23-2020, 02:17 PM
Semi-audiophile

There's no connection between COVID and low body temperature that I know of, yet our director wanted me to get another coronavirus test, "to be safe." So I did on Friday. While at the test site, my temperature was 95.5°, which the tech described as a bit low, but not a problem. It was 96.6° when I got to work, about 30 minutes later.

My body temperature is somewhat low in general; I usually hang in the 96–97° range. It was suggested to me by a doctor in our building, who specializes in holistic/natural methods, that I might want to have my thyroid checked. If it's hypoactive, that might explain the temperatures and my general fatigue. We'll see what the test results are.
Closed Thread