AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 01-05-2020, 07:18 PM

Default The Truck's On The Way!

It’s on the way! Looking for it about mid week. For those who don’t know, “it” is my Pass Labs int 250 integrated Amp, MSB Discrete DAC with second power supply, and Roon Nucleus with lifetime membership. I already have my Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary Model speakers. It’s been a long, long, wait to complete my new system. Now it’s almost a reality. Just waiting on the audio stork to drop it down our chimney. I’ll give you a status update soon. Maybe I’ll post some pics. I’ll be back.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:14 PM

Congrats! I know the waiting can be hard. Looks like you have much enjoyment ahead.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:20 AM

Monday is truck day!
Old 01-08-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofound View Post
Monday is truck day!
It so hard to be patient.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:17 PM

Can’t wait the here you impressions of Pass+Harbeth
Old 01-09-2020, 12:59 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Congrats!!! Let us know how that combo sounds.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:27 AM

And?
Old 01-12-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneice View Post
And?

Monday! ..."Monday, Monday...so good to me"...

Last edited by audiofound; 01-12-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:26 PM

Well after having to solve some network issues I finally have a wonderful sounding system. What can I say that hasn’t already been said about each of these components? They’re all simply outstanding. There are no superlatives that haven’t already been expressed by many others regarding the Pass Labs INT 250, MSB Discrete (dual power supply), Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary speakers, and Roon Nucleus. I’ll try and minimize the cliched superlatives and just give you, as much as possible, an honest description and review of this system.

Predictably, I have no choice but to give it extremely high props. I mean, this system simply and truly is what it is. It’s everything I was hoping for and far beyond that. I guess if you forced me to use words to describe it, I’d have to include the word “pure”. And whatever words you would use to describe this kind of purity and “real” sound. Meaning it sounds like the musicians are standing and playing right in front of you. Yet there is a huge, deep, sound stage. I know that the word “accurate “ has likely been overused over the last 50 years, but that word is very, well.....accurate! As I write this, the live Alison Krause and Union Station album is playing on my new system in the background. The sound quality is beyond outstanding. Especially for a live performance. And the new Blue Highway album (Somewhere Far Away) that I played yesterday...absolutely superb.

Another descriptor I would use for the sound of this system is “smooth”. Buttery smooth. It has everything I want and nothing I don’t. Just the right amount of beautifully tight, big, big, low end, midrange, and perfect top end.

It’s very straight ahead simple. The INT 250 is as simple as you get. Just an amp and preamp in one box. That’s it. Nothing else. But superbly designed and crafted.

And, then there’s the dual power supply MSB Discrete. It adds a subtle robustness to the sound. It makes an already superb sounding amp sound even better. Not sure how. It just does. Keep in mind I’m not a “tech-y” person. I just attempt to describe things as I hear them. However, I’m a long time musician with a very sharp set of ears. I know when I hear something that’s really good. And this system is really, really, good.

It’s very difficult to have a great sounding audio system without good sounding speakers. And, IMHO, Harbeth speakers are about as good as it gets. I specifically purchased the Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary for their super tweeter and modded crossover. I’ll use the same descriptors for the Harbeths as the ones I used to describe the Pass INT 250 integrated amp and MSB DAC and let it go at that. My ears LOVE Harbeth speakers, period. Don’t have anything else to say about them other than that. And the system synergy...simply outstanding.

Next, the Roon Nucleus. Really fun. What else can I say? It’s obviously extremely useful for managing my very large ripped CD collection and streamed music, my only sources.

It’s been a dream come true to have a system like this. And it’s been a long, long, wait. But I wouldn’t have changed a thing. As I stated above, this system has everything I want and nothing I don’t. And the system isn’t even broken in yet. Wonderful times ahead.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:37 PM
Merry Christmas to all

audiofound.......Congratulations on assembling an excellent sound system. It sure seems as though you are one happy person. Here's to many years of listening pleasure. .

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A