AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 07-29-2016, 09:46 AM

Default Thank you so much..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
bratt, I'd like to send you a personal message: you could become a member so that I can contact you via PM.
Thank you for your reply.

I have contacted dealers in UK and some others also but they are afraid of of something like contract with Vivid, and now they ignoring my inquiries all of them.

I undestand their rules and protect ditributors by Vivid but there are alot of few things still uneceptable to me.

I will try contact you but i need to become a real member from here than to send you PM. so sad i missed your email address before it deleted

Thank you so much for your response regarding this issues anyway..

May i ask you full name?
or you can find me on twiter with my name bratt park.

I have contact via twiter with UK VIVID member and it was fun and easy for conversation.

Last edited by bratt; 07-30-2016 at 04:06 AM.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:49 AM

Default hi Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
You dont have to replace the tube, it is separate to the tweeter. I paid, converting SA Rand to US, about $234 for the tweeter. This is a small expense given how amazing the speakers are and the fact that you got a decent discount. Let me know if I should get official tweeter prices for you
May i ask you a favor?
Can you please give me an email or can you please pass my email address to Bart via PM?

i am currently unavailable to send PM so..

I tried to find your emails from my Outlook but it seems deleted by server.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratt View Post
May i ask you a favor?
Can you please give me an email or can you please pass my email address to Bart via PM?

i am currently unavailable to send PM so..

I tried to find your emails from my Outlook but it seems deleted by server.
I passed it on to Bart

Regards,
Douglas
Old 08-06-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I passed it on to Bart

Regards,
Douglas
Thank you so much for your kind help.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:49 PM

Default hi Bart

Quote:
Sorry Dan, I had forgotten that.
I'll stay with my suggestion to become a member, or better: an aficionado!
hello,

did you receive a message by Douglas? i believe he sent a message with my email address to you few weeks ago.

would you please give me an email?
i just wanner ask you some question personally.

Thank you so much.

Bratt
Old 08-20-2016, 09:38 PM

I replaced a tweeter and a bass unit on a B1. The bass unit is a PITA. The tweeter, however is very simple and the G2 looks to be the same design. Vivid sent an instruction sheet with the drivers. A tensioning screw just unscrews from the back and then the driver can be slid out the front. The long loading tube unscrews and is transferred to the new driver unit. There is also an o-ring that needs to be transferred. The wiring is a clip that can easily be separated and put back together by hand.

You just have to be very careful not to touch the driver cone. You should also cover the other drivers. I didn't, and when I pulled the tweeter out, some wires sprung out, and I thought for sure they had damaged the unit below- luckily they didn't. Vivid should design some plastic pieces that fit over the crossbars for protection. I would do all this sober and with a friend that has steady hands.

In my case, Vivid ended up replacing my pair, that had a few other problems as well, with an immaculate new pair.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqman View Post
I replaced a tweeter and a bass unit on a B1. The bass unit is a PITA. The tweeter, however is very simple and the G2 looks to be the same design. Vivid sent an instruction sheet with the drivers. A tensioning screw just unscrews from the back and then the driver can be slid out the front. The long loading tube unscrews and is transferred to the new driver unit. There is also an o-ring that needs to be transferred. The wiring is a clip that can easily be separated and put back together by hand.

You just have to be very careful not to touch the driver cone. You should also cover the other drivers. I didn't, and when I pulled the tweeter out, some wires sprung out, and I thought for sure they had damaged the unit below- luckily they didn't. Vivid should design some plastic pieces that fit over the crossbars for protection. I would do all this sober and with a friend that has steady hands.

In my case, Vivid ended up replacing my pair, that had a few other problems as well, with an immaculate new pair.
Thank you for the informations, yes, i have been practice same as what you did, and it was very easy to do, i just don't know why Vivid does not support the drivers to customer directly with same prices of replacements.

and in my country the dealer sells driver extremely high.
so i am looking for buy them from overseas..
but it is also very hard to me, i have contacted all most dealers in UK or few other country but they checked my speaker serial number and told me same thing "i have to contact to dealer from my country" they just scared with contract from Vivid audio.

and also UK vivid audio office doesn't sell the parts to me directly.
ofcourse south africa vivid audio does NOT.

just keep mentioned that i have contact to dealer from Korea, but they don't provide replacement work, they just order the parts for me with very high prices without shipping cost and taxes.

how much did you paid for D50? or D125s or D25?
where did you order them from?

i really need to order them.. with reasonable prices..
not like $4000 for two dome aluminums, i dont even need the all drivers.
i am looking for solution from here, this is only one that i have to try..

Last edited by bratt; 08-21-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:25 AM

Default hello bart..again.

Quote:
bratt, I'd like to send you a personal message: you could become a member so that I can contact you via PM.
since it is about 2 or more years past that i was asking your favor for my damaged tweeters, so sadly i still not fixed tweeters and the speakers are just sitting at the living room for nothing..

however, i could not find any person or place sell the replacement in US or UK...

can you please send me any messages or email to me?

or do you have Instagram account? so i can contact you directly?
Old 04-04-2019, 02:28 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratt View Post
since it is about 2 or more years past that i was asking your favor for my damaged tweeters, so sadly i still not fixed tweeters and the speakers are just sitting at the living room for nothing..

however, i could not find any person or place sell the replacement in US or UK...

can you please send me any messages or email to me?

or do you have Instagram account? so i can contact you directly?

Hi bratt, you can send me a PM if you subsribe here.
Only 25$ and a very good investment.
I'll be happy to help you.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 11-21-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Bratt, I will email you

Regards,
Douglas
hello.. again Douglas, can you plz email me...
kenny8121@naver.com