AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 06-29-2013, 04:04 PM

Default Final decision

Hey Guys,

I finally decide to sell my beloved Genesis V speaker to get high efficient speaker. I don't know which one I'll buy. Some Altec would be an idea. Want to try a horn speaker.

After I sell my Speaker next step will come....sell also my Pass monos....to get a Shindo Cortese SET or Sun Audio Uchida maybe. They should sound pretty nice in the mids and voice of singers.

I want an all tube combo. Think thats the right way for me and think with my speaker I cannot go this way as easy I want :-( So sell LS
Old 06-29-2013, 06:05 PM

If you want a horn speaker with modern sound, deep bass like before. High efficient for your targeted amplifier. Do consider the advantgarde speaker.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

Check out the JBL 1400 Arrays.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW
Old 06-29-2013, 07:30 PM

The other Shindo amps seems very nice too, i think a SET "always" sound better?
Old 06-29-2013, 09:07 PM

Based on my experience...SET isn't necessarily objectively better than push-pull amps. It depends on priorities. It seems easier to design an SET that has a "pure" tonality to it. However, it seems easier to design a push-pull amp that has wide bandwidth.

However...a well-designed SET can have wide bandwidth as well - and a well-designed push-pull amp can have great pureness of tone.

IMHO, each amp must be taken on its own merits based on listening, not based on reading its design parameters.

As an example...I've not heard better pureness of tone in the SET's I've heard than in the Shindo CC80 (which is push-pull).
Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 PM

I think that the Tannoy Montior Reds 12" or 15" are the sweet spot in the vintage Tannoy line. I use both in the 12's in a Reflex and now 15's in GRF cabinets. I use Masseto pre and Cortese or Montille.

ARC REF6, ARC Ref PH 2SE, ARC Ref 150SE, Esot N-05, SF Oylimpia III, Garrard 301 Reed2p, WW Silver Eclipse 8, Kimber Kable Select IC XLR

C22, MC275, MR78, PS Audio Dac, Tannoy Daltons 12" Red's Tannoy ST200 Tweeters, Kimber IC's, Mac Mini, Transparent ULTRA Speaker.

Marantz 7C, Marantz, 9, & 10B Tuner, Tannoy 15" Red's in York Corner Cabinets

ARC Ref1, ARC VT 100II, MR74, Tannoy Red 12 LSU/12/8, Spider Transcription TT, Nordost Spk Cable

Fisher 400C, MR78, Fisher SA 1000, BenchMark Dac, Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables, Tannoy Supper Red 10" LSU/III/Z Monitors

ARC SP3, MC 30's, MR67, Devore Supper 8's, Wadia i171, MicroMega Dac, Transparent Supper Spk

C20, MC75's, MR71, MS300, Tannoy 12" Golds, Auditorium 23,

C11, (2)Harmon Kardon CitationII, Shindo Montille, MC2505, McIntosh 117, Audio Research ST70, Knight KB85, Pilot Sa 232, Marantz 8B

Scott 130 Preamp, Scott 272 Int, HH Scott 250's MR71 tuner, Tube Guru F2a Mono's,
Old 06-29-2013, 10:46 PM

Oh boy, you started with great stuff.

I hope you don't live to regret your decision.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countingbackwards View Post
Based on my experience...SET isn't necessarily objectively better than push-pull amps. It depends on priorities. It seems easier to design an SET that has a "pure" tonality to it. However, it seems easier to design a push-pull amp that has wide bandwidth.

However...a well-designed SET can have wide bandwidth as well - and a well-designed push-pull amp can have great pureness of tone.

IMHO, each amp must be taken on its own merits based on listening, not based on reading its design parameters.

As an example...I've not heard better pureness of tone in the SET's I've heard than in the Shindo CC80 (which is push-pull).
I see you are in Montreal. Do you have any experience with the Shindo dealer there, Coup de Foudre? Planning on visiting and stopping in to audition some shindo pieces.

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables
Old 06-30-2013, 04:00 AM
alive and kickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael7 View Post
Hey Guys,

I finally decide to sell my beloved Genesis V speaker to get high efficient speaker. I don't know which one I'll buy. Some Altec would be an idea. Want to try a horn speaker.

After I sell my Speaker next step will come....sell also my Pass monos....to get a Shindo Cortese SET or Sun Audio Uchida maybe. They should sound pretty nice in the mids and voice of singers.

I want an all tube combo. Think thats the right way for me and think with my speaker I cannot go this way as easy I want :-( So sell LS
...my peppercorn: if you really are on the point considering to change your whole setup, don't miss the opportunity to listen to an all Shindo chain first and make your own judgement - for yourself, not for others.

Take your time and don't limit yourself by a rashly made first buy of what has become an idée fixe in your head.

...out of my experience: don't miss to listen to the Line Magnetic Western replica loudspeakers !

have a nice trip

Last edited by riesling; 06-30-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:14 AM

Yes I'm little concerned to sell almost all stuff i got. Thats why I said "beloved" speaker. I really like them but they are only 90db and I want some low powered tube amp. My father got good stuff too and it's his hobby for about 30ys so maybe he can save me to not do bad desicions :-)

Your suggested loudspeakers looking pretty nice. I'll search the internet for some reviews of those.