AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 10-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by microstrip View Post

I have Transparent Reference MM2 with my Alexia, and have just tried a lot of other cables - the top Crystal, Kubala Sosna , Shunyata and Cardas - and the Transaparent Audio are staying. System is all Audio Research. ...
Excellent evaluations. ARC and Wilson make a great match. Could you please offer a brief account of these cables based on your choice?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLK View Post
I respect your opinion, but I still have no interest in Transparent cables.

Thanks for the info on the other brands that you've tried.
No one is trying to talk you into buying Transparent Cable.

This thread was started by someone asking people to share which cables they have used with their Wilson Speakers. So instead of telling us which ones you are not going to use why don't you tell us the ones you are considering?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:14 PM

I like Kimber Kable copper select. It's not expensive. I would certainly rather have Transparent but prefer to spend my money elsewhere than on super expensive cables. I have always preferred copper to silver believing copper has a warmer sound.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
No one is trying to talk you into buying Transparent Cable.

This thread was started by someone asking people to share which cables they have used with their Wilson Speakers. So instead of telling us which ones you are not going to use why don't you tell us the ones you are considering?
The thread is over two years old, I'm sure the OP has already found some speaker cable.

I just wanted to comment on the preponderance of Transparent recommendations.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:34 PM

Although not at all a 'famous cable brand' I will heartily recommend to all Wilson Audio owners to try the Echole cables. I have a pair of Obsession SC and the match with my Sasha's is now the best I've heard.
I think it's the first time the sound is so organic in my listening / living room.
Very looong breaking time, though. At least 200hrs or so. The reward justifies the wait for final burn-in.

For complete reference, my amp is an Accuphase A-65.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
Old 10-27-2013, 03:43 AM

Perhaps out of subject, I tried to compare my Cardas Quadlink 5C XLR interconnect between my DAC and my Preamp with Transparent MusicLink Ultra MM2 (I don't know the real MSRP, if someone could chime in?).

The two cables are burned in (the Transparent is a used one, I have the Cardas since years).

Comparing the two ones, I found absolutely no difference; sometimes, I could think the TA was a little bit more on the highs while the Cardas better on the warm side, but when I listened to other tracks it was the contrary; most of the time switching from one to another showed zero difference. I had long lisening sessions on that.

Please not that I don't want here to start another debate on the cables.

It's a long time I chose to use the same cable mid of the line of a reputable brand from sources to speakers all along the chain, and to not waste my time on the infinity of combinations of different cables from different brands; I better use use it to enjoy music listening.

It could have been TA, Kimber, Synergistic Research, MPC, or any well done cable...

However I understand someone who finds differences and who wants the best for his ears, it's all about our hobby, but to me it's not a subject.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Marc jmajma View Post
Perhaps out of subject, I tried to compare my Cardas Quadlink 5C XLR interconnect between my DAC and my Preamp with Transparent MusicLink Ultra MM2 (I don't know the real MSRP, if someone could chime in?). The two cables are burned in (the Transparent is a used one, I have the Cardas since years). Comparing the two ones, I found absolutely no difference; sometimes, I could think the TA was a little bit more on the highs while the Cardas better on the warm side, but when I listened to other tracks it was the contrary; most of the time switching from one to another showed zero difference. I had long lisening sessions on that. Please not that I don't want here to start another debate on the cables. It's a long time I chose to use the same cable mid of the line of a reputable brand from sources to speakers all along the chain, and to not waste my time on the infinity of combinations of different cables from different brands; I better use use it to enjoy music listening. It could have been TA, Kimber, Synergistic Research, MPC, or any well done cable... However I understand someone who finds differences and who wants the best for his ears, it's all about our hobby, but to me it's not a subject.
I don't know the cardas line, but try the TA Reference interconnect. reference level is where it really starts to make a difference.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:03 AM

Jean-Marc

Maybe you could try a Siltech G6 SATT or G7 generation XLR cable. Like the former Forbes Lake / Compass Lake or the current Princess.
These cables stand out of the crowd, believe me!
Still very expensive even as 2nd hand (2K€ price range). Never heard anything comparable..!

Old 10-27-2013, 01:03 PM

I believe you, Laurent, or I only ask to believe...

Where can I try these cables? Where on used market too?
Old 10-27-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Marc jmajma View Post
I believe you, Laurent, or I only ask to believe... Where can I try these cables? Where on used market too?
A very good friend of mine has a Forbes Lake but in RCA format. I tried it between my Shindo preamp and the Accuphase amp. It was fantastic !