AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 05-18-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaefer11 View Post
It appears that I am not the only one who occasionally misses the attempts at humour, or good natured ribbing, around here. I have decided to look at every post as if it was meant to be good natured to keep myself from overreacting in a negative way.
Kevin
Good point. I know that I have missed it more than once.
Jim
Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice View Post
Speaking for myself, The lady from Wilson - Deb - said in her post that she thought that the Duettes looked better than the Guarneri Mementos, so I, a Memento owner, answered her by saying in the exact same words that I thought the Mementos looked better than the Duettes.

I think that it has been forgotten that, if I was being critical of the Wilson speakers in my post, Little Deb was being critical of Guarneri Mementos in her post, and hers came first.

In my opinion, she (Deb) was being highly critical of the Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento speakers that I spent my whole life savings purchasing and I am completely offended.

I think she belittled and criticized my choice of speakers, which in turn, belittles and criticizes me for my choices and preferences.

My Guarneri Mementos cost almost a whole year of my social security income, and this Lady who works for, and gets her income from Wilson Audio cast aspersions on my most precious posession. I feel that I am due an apology and perhaps cash compensation for my mental anguish.

(at least this is my response to ((almost said retort to)) Uberbrown)

No harm, no foul, my remarks were totally non critical of the Wilsons. They look great (as do all Wilson speakers). I was just light heartedly responding to someone who quite naturally feels that her product is great looking, and I have no idea if she really thinks the Duettes look better than the GM's or not, and quite frankly, I could care less.

Come on, folks, get a life.
I am new to this forum, and so I am not sure if this was said in good fun or not.

Everyone has their preference in equipment. I am the daughter of David Wilson, and have grown up with Wilson Audio products my whole life. As a child, friends would wonder what those huge towers were in our front room (WAMMs). To me they were speakers, and there was nothing so weird about them to me.

I have always been partial to Wilson for... well... obvious reasons. I have never said that the GM's sound worse then the Duette's. That would not be fair since I have never heard the GM's. Infact, my time with the Duette's is limited as well. I have always been very careful not to put anyone down, or any other brand. I was simply saying that my own personal preferance is Wilson's. I have found beauty in all the different speaker brands out there. It was just a comparison of the 2. If you like the look, the sound, the feeling that the GM's give you then that is wonderful! That is what makes this hobby so wonderful. Everyones tastes in sound and design is so different, and that is OK. Finding that special product that speaks to your heart and soul through music (no matter what brand). It's all about your own personal tastes!

All I ever stated is that I love the look of the Wilson's. That is all. I am sorry if I did infact offend anyone. I had also thought that it was all in good fun.

Deb

P.S. I would not say that I "work" for Wilson Audio. More likeI help them out on the side. Also, I do not get my "income" from Wilson Audio. I am a stay at home mommy who does a few things on the side for Wilson (Facebook, Twitter, etc)

Last edited by Lildebs888; 05-18-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:53 AM

Deb

Julian can answer for himself, but I do not think he was attacking you. We (at least I) would expect you do have a preference for Wilson products. When you first started posting I noted that I hoped you weren't thin skinned as occasionally it gets heated. Usually that happens when we forget that there are a lot of great sounding products out there and get too hung up thinking that our personal gear is the only way to go. When that happens then everyone usually tries to put us in our place.

Glad you are here and keep doing what you are doing.
Jim

Last edited by Still-One; 05-18-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:18 PM

Lildebs888,

Personally I think it is great that someone such as yourself, with a family relationship to a manufacturer, participates in this forum. It would be much easier, I think, for you to sit on the sidelines and mutter under your breath about the things written on the site that you do not agree with.

I would hope that any opinions expressed on this board toward your (or any one else's) family business would be respectful and in good humour. From what I can tell, your family's business has been run in such a way that you have earned that level of respect.

Again, thanks for participating and bringing your unique point of view to the forum.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Deb

Julian can answer for himself, but I do not think he was attacking you. We (at least I) would expect you do have a preference for Wilson products. When you first started posting I noted that I hoped you weren't thin skinned as occasionally it gets heated here. Usually that happens when we forget that there are a lot of great sounding products out there and get too hung up thinking that our personal gear is the only way to go. When that happens the everyone usually tries to put us in our place.

Glad you are here and keep doing what you are doing.
Jim
Oh I know how heated speaker equipment arguements can get. I read a lot of the audio forums, and this is the most friendly one I have found (and the only one I post on because of that). I have made a couple posts on Audiogon just to correct misinformation (like about a misprint someone found on the Wilson site). Yet this is the only one that I "feel safe" posting on.

You guys have all been so wonderful to me. I am glad that you understand my preferences, however I will note that I have heard and seen some wonderful systems out there. I do not believe that there is 1 system that is the best of everything out there. Why? Because speakers are like cars. Over the years designers have been able to come up with new designs, new materials, new drivers, new xovers, etc to improve their product. Speaker systems are ever evolving. Like with cars, computers, speakers, etc what is the "best" today might not be the next year. For example: I have Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy series 6. They are 7 years old, and 3 verions from the current (if you would consider the Sasha a W/P or a whole new product from the W/P). However... I still love them as much today as I did the day I got them!!

What really matters is what YOU like. As long as you love what you have, no other comments from other people really matter...
Old 05-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
Lildebs888,

Personally I think it is great that someone such as yourself, with a family relationship to a manufacturer, participates in this forum. It would be much easier, I think, for you to sit on the sidelines and mutter under your breath about the things written on the site that you do not agree with.

I would hope that any opinions expressed on this board toward your (or any one else's) family business would be respectful and in good humour. From what I can tell, your family's business has been run in such a way that you have earned that level of respect.

Again, thanks for participating and bringing your unique point of view to the forum.
Thank you for your thoughtful remarks. I strive to be more like my father. He is so very humble. I have seen people, reviewers, posters on forums tear him apart. There are sites out there that saw awful things about him. However, he does not get upset about them. He does not attack back. He simply tells me that it is their own opinion and they are free to it. My favorite video of him in the conversation series is #4. YouTube - wilsonaudiospeakers's Channel

Thank you for having me here and welcoming me so warmly!

Deb
Old 05-18-2010, 12:30 PM
World's Oldest Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lildebs888 View Post

All I ever stated is that I love the look of the Wilson's. That is all. I am sorry if I did infact offend anyone. I had also thought that it was all in good fun.

Deb
Deb,

I was not offended, I just pretended to be, and I think my post projected total levity. I think Wilsons look great, and I think Sonus Fabers look great.

You did not offend anyone by your post, in fact I personally liked it to the extent that I said the same thing back to you in return, knowing full well who you were.

Please keep on posting. Make this forum fun, and share your inside knowledge of one of the finest products ever made in this world.

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .
Old 05-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice View Post
Make this forum fun, and share your inside knowledge of one of the finest products ever made in this world.
What would you like to know?

Deb
Old 05-18-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lildebs888 View Post
What would you like to know?

Deb
What is the best time to sneak into the factory to load up a couple of free samples without being noticed?
Old 05-18-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
What is the best time to sneak into the factory to load up a couple of free samples without being noticed?
Tour busses leave every half hour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Unknown.jpeg (2.5 KB, 84 views)