AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 07-05-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
M5 with solution amps and Cd-player is still ranking at number 1 position for me listening at a shop demo. This show was already a few years ago but made a lasting impact. (high end audio shop in the hague, netherlands), I was not listening to highs, mids or lows, just enjoying the music.
Spent some time tonight listening to my Magico M5 711/720 soulution amp setup with playback designs MPS5 DAC fed by DSD files from an Apple MAC mini with Synergistic Research (Galileo and Element) cables, with Stillpoint racks in a Rives designed dedicated listening room. It's like driving a BMW M5. Yes there are other cars that can outperform it in certain, and maybe all, performance parameters, but it is still a thrill to drive. You press the gas and it wants more. Same with the M5s. Just a thrill. The more volume the more the visceral and musical the impact...The closer to a live performance. Sure you would still love to drive an M3 or a Lambo or a Ferrari, or a Q5 or Q7. It's all about performance, budget and compromises. But for what it does, and for the price, the M5, both the Magico and the BMW, are a joy. And to me, the Soulution amps, especially the new 711, are a big part of that thrill.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
Yes indeed. I still am amazed at how they can play loud with no strain. They are just loafing at 100db. Last night while they were blasting I noticed I could feel the cabinet vibrating. This has me wondering if the 700 lb. Q7 can be felt vibrating while they are blasting.
answer is no
Old 07-20-2014, 10:19 PM

Excellent choice! I moved from Sasha I to the S5 and have been very happy with the switch.

Last edited by CLEE; 07-21-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvibe View Post
After much thought and consideration I have decided to proceed with getting a pair of Q3's. I'm a bit nervous as I have been a happy Wilson Audio owner for 6 years. I hope I am moving in a good direction. I guess time will tell.
Congratulations! Please let us know after your speakers are settled how it goes compared to your Wilsons.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:37 PM

I may have spoke too soon on the Q3's... I'm not yet 100% sure it's going to happen... Has anyone installed these themselves? I've got some concerns about lugging 250 pound speakers into my basement and also with positioning them myself??? Any experiences out there?
Old 07-21-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I may have spoke too soon on the Q3's... I'm not yet 100% sure it's going to happen... Has anyone installed these themselves? I've got some concerns about lugging 250 pound speakers into my basement and also with positioning them myself??? Any experiences out there?
DCVibe,

I did not install myself, but was involved in the installation and would be happy to share my experience. I have an imperfect listening environment - my listening takes place in my living room - and one reason I chose the Q3 was its relatively easy setup and room requirements. Once set up, the system sounds sensational! With each speaker weighing 250 lbs, you will need another strong partner to help with setup. You may PM me to discuss further, if you like. Ted.

Magico Q3 plus S-Pods, Spectral DMA-500AR, DMC-30SV pre, Esoteric F-03a, Esoteric S-05, Esoteric P02X, N-01XD,
Cybershaft OP21A-D, Roon Nucleus Plus w/S-Booster LPS, Uptone Audio EtherRegen w/ LPS-1.2, MIT Oracle MA-X V2's, Oracle SHD-120 V2, Shunyata Sigma Clock 50’s, Sigma Ethernet’s, Alpha USB-V2, Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI's, MIT Oracle Z-III PC's, Z Power Bar Conditioner, Coherence Systems ADD-Powr Sorcer X4, EAU2, Furutech Flux 50 filters, GTX-D rhodium outlets, service sub panel w/ 4-30 amp dedicated circuits, Stillpoints Ultra 6, Ultra 5, Ultra SS, HRS Damping Plates, Cable Isolators, Sony XBR75ZH8.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
You would be spending some serious coin so why would the dealer not help you set these up? Doubt I would trust "Two Men and a Truck" to handle them.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post
You would be spending some serious coin so why would the dealer not help you set these up? Doubt I would trust "Two Men and a Truck" to handle them.
I don't have a local Magico dealer so I would be purchasing out of state. The dealer does not typically do in home installation when airplane travel would be required. They are trying to assure me that the installation is not too difficult but I am hesitant about that.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 AM

I would be too. Installation is part of the price when buying new.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:46 AM

Quote:
I don't have a local Magico dealer so I would be purchasing out of state. The dealer does not typically do in home installation when airplane travel would be required. They are trying to assure me that the installation is not too difficult but I am hesitant about that.
I agree. They should be willing to send a man to do the setup with you, and I'm sure that something can be worked out, if they want to sell you those speakers!

Magico Q3 plus S-Pods, Spectral DMA-500AR, DMC-30SV pre, Esoteric F-03a, Esoteric S-05, Esoteric P02X, N-01XD,
Cybershaft OP21A-D, Roon Nucleus Plus w/S-Booster LPS, Uptone Audio EtherRegen w/ LPS-1.2, MIT Oracle MA-X V2's, Oracle SHD-120 V2, Shunyata Sigma Clock 50’s, Sigma Ethernet’s, Alpha USB-V2, Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI's, MIT Oracle Z-III PC's, Z Power Bar Conditioner, Coherence Systems ADD-Powr Sorcer X4, EAU2, Furutech Flux 50 filters, GTX-D rhodium outlets, service sub panel w/ 4-30 amp dedicated circuits, Stillpoints Ultra 6, Ultra 5, Ultra SS, HRS Damping Plates, Cable Isolators, Sony XBR75ZH8.