AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 07-22-2014, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
I agree. They should be willing to send a man to do the setup with you, and I'm sure that something can be worked out, if they want to sell you those speakers!
+1
Old 07-22-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvibe View Post
I don't have a local Magico dealer so I would be purchasing out of state. The dealer does not typically do in home installation when airplane travel would be required. They are trying to assure me that the installation is not too difficult but I am hesitant about that.
Installation is not difficult, once the speakers are in your room.
You don't really need a magical setup routine, like some other speakers, so the dealer presence is not really required.
What you need, though, is to get the dealer to pay for a quality moving company (piano movers) to get the speakers out of their crate, and into your room. Once there, you'll be able to move them around the room by yourself, to find the ideal placement.

alexandre
Old 07-22-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
You don't really need a magical setup routine, like some other speakers, so the dealer presence is not really required.
What you need, though, is to get the dealer to pay for a quality moving company (piano movers) to get the speakers out of their crate, and into your room. Once there, you'll be able to move them around the room by yourself, to find the ideal placement.

alexandre
Although I generally agree that placement is not that hard, it is not a one man job to adjust exact positioning of a 110 kg each speaker especially if located on carpet.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:36 PM

I did it. On carpet it's actually easier than on wood flooring. You just rock it back and forth towards the new position. On wood floors, you need to use the footers, and drag the speakers very carefully so the spikes don't leave the footers...

alexandre
Old 07-22-2014, 03:40 PM

A quality freight company will deliver and set up your speakers, leaving fine tuning to you! With a 250 lb speaker, you need two men who can CONTROL 125 lbs. each. They need to wear non-slip gloves for control and to avoid fingerprints. There is a manual available online which outlines the procedure.
The Q3 is much easier to set up than, say, the Sasha. Ted.

Magico Q3 plus S-Pods, Spectral DMA-500AR, DMC-30SV pre, Esoteric F-03a, Esoteric S-05, Esoteric P02X, N-01XD,
Cybershaft OP21A-D, Roon Nucleus Plus w/S-Booster LPS, Uptone Audio EtherRegen w/ LPS-1.2, MIT Oracle MA-X V2's, Oracle SHD-120 V2, Shunyata Sigma Clock 50’s, Sigma Ethernet’s, Alpha USB-V2, Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI's, MIT Oracle Z-III PC's, Z Power Bar Conditioner, Coherence Systems ADD-Powr Sorcer X4, EAU2, Furutech Flux 50 filters, GTX-D rhodium outlets, service sub panel w/ 4-30 amp dedicated circuits, Stillpoints Ultra 6, Ultra 5, Ultra SS, HRS Damping Plates, Cable Isolators, Sony XBR75ZH8.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:29 PM

I also think the dealer should be sending someone for installation, they should be accepting all responsibility until those speakers are hooked up and playing music in your room. What if the unthinkable happens while getting them from the crates into your room? For my Rockports the dealer flew in from interstate & not at my asking, it was part of the service.
Thales TTT-C battery drive, Thales Simplicity II, Lyra Atlas, RCM Theriaa phono, Playback Designs MPS-5 SACD, ASR Emitter II Exclusive + Battery Power Supply, Rockport Technologies Avior, Argento Flow interconnect & speaker cables, HRS isolation
Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM

Thanks everyone. It's a demo pair and I believe the hesitation in including install relates to the margins on the demo pair sale price... may need to pay more to get that added service.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:16 AM

Sounds fair enough, probably worth asking them the preferred method for getting the speakers out of the crates (I know it's not rocket science but they would know any pitfalls). The non-slip gloves someone mentioned are a must imo.
Thales TTT-C battery drive, Thales Simplicity II, Lyra Atlas, RCM Theriaa phono, Playback Designs MPS-5 SACD, ASR Emitter II Exclusive + Battery Power Supply, Rockport Technologies Avior, Argento Flow interconnect & speaker cables, HRS isolation
Old 07-23-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiufy View Post

alexandre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number95 View Post
Although I generally agree that placement is not that hard, it is not a one man job to adjust exact positioning of a 110 kg each speaker especially if located on carpet.
I totally disagree with you. Moving the speakers is the easy part, placement is the hardest. It is one of the hardest skill to master in our hobby. It's not rocket science, it's an art and no routine setup or calculation will replace the ear of a real pro.

Perfect placement is critical in any system and you get plenty of dividend to have your speaker placed in the best situation. Search the forum (look for thread where metaphacts (Bill) is involved) and you'll see how many of us have changed the sound in their room by tuning the position of the speakers. Sometimes an eighth of an inch can make the difference between good and great.

For the Futura, Strad or Aida, Sumiko sends someone to your home to perfect the placement. I don't know if they found a replacement for Bill yet.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
I totally disagree with you. Moving the speakers is the easy part, placement is the hardest. It is one of the hardest skill to master in our hobby. It's not rocket science, it's an art and no routine setup or calculation will replace the ear of a real pro.

Perfect placement is critical in any system and you get plenty of dividend to have your speaker placed in the best situation. Search the forum (look for thread where metaphacts (Bill) is involved) and you'll see how many of us have changed the sound in their room by tuning the position of the speakers. Sometimes an eighth of an inch can make the difference between good and great.

For the Futura, Strad or Aida, Sumiko sends someone to your home to perfect the placement. I don't know if they found a replacement for Bill yet.
While I am in agreement with you, it is hard to understand why you disagree with me