AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 08-20-2017, 04:32 PM

Default Porsche’s Perfect 911 R Leaks Early

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
Congrats! Nothing like driving a car that appreciates!

I plan to drive it so not sure what market prices will do over time. Pretty sure it will depreciate less that my audio gear or boats. And I have spent more on those categories over last few years than cars.

I completely get that this car not for everyone (vette guys will like vettes which is perfectly fine with me - they are great cars with great performance/$ ratios) but it checked all of my boxes plus some. The new manual GT3 will be a great car....they both are. The 911R just pulled me into the driving experience more than any other car. Very personal decision as to whether it's worth it

Mine is spec'd similar to one in video above GT Silver/Green. Had four most important items

SMFW
LW Buckets
Black LED
Front Lift

I would have been happy to lose the sport chrono but looks like I will have the wart

Current fun car is PDK'd 15 GTS in Agate Grey

Last edited by enatai252; 08-20-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enatai252 View Post
I plan to drive it so not sure what market prices will do over time. Pretty sure it will depreciate less that my audio gear or boats. And I have spent more on those categories over last few years than cars.

I completely get that this car not for everyone (vette guys will like vettes which is perfectly fine with me - they are great cars with great performance/$ ratios) but it checked all of my boxes plus some. The new manual GT3 will be a great car....they both are. The 911R just pulled me into the driving experience more than any other car. Very personal decision as to whether it's worth it

Mine is spec'd similar to one in video above GT Silver/Green. Had four most important items

SMFW
LW Buckets
Black LED
Front Lift

I would have been happy to lose the sport chrono but looks like I will have the wart

Current fun car is PDK'd 15 GTS in Agate Grey
The best approach to ownership is to enjoy what you paid your money for. Too many garage queens out there and life is too short to worry about a little scratch here and a little ding there, that at 5k miles a Ferrari or similar is a "high mileage car" or to speculate what a car may be worth in another 5-30 years. That the 911R will depreciate much less than most but a handful of cars out there and especially other toys like boats or even audio is a given. Nicely spec'd example you picked! Congrats and drive the heck out of it!
Old 08-20-2017, 04:52 PM

Drive the heck out of it. Very few will get the opportunity, so enjoy.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
The best approach to ownership is to enjoy what you paid your money for. Too many garage queens out there and life is too short to worry about a little scratch here and a little ding there, that at 5k miles a Ferrari or similar is a "high mileage car" or to speculate what a car may be worth in another 5-30 years. That the 911R will depreciate much less than most but a handful of cars out there and especially other toys like boats or even audio is a given. Nicely spec'd example you picked! Congrats and drive the heck out of it!
Agreed. Unless you are buying purely on speculation (like my BIL and his Ferrari F12 TDF that he is afraid to drive), you should enjoy it. Down the road, you might get 10% less than a zero mile car but smiles had will be priceless!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 08-20-2017, 05:23 PM

Not sure why they made this car. It's basically an RS without spoilers and a MT. I personally like spoilers, have an RS and also will get a GT3 with an MT. To each their own.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:40 PM

Default Porsche’s Perfect 911 R Leaks Early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car commander View Post
Not sure why they made this car. It's basically an RS without spoilers and a MT. I personally like spoilers, have an RS and also will get a GT3 with an MT. To each their own.

I remember seeing pictures of your RS-GT Silver-Great car. My next door neighbor has a 997 and 991 RS and he is always smiling Sure you are enjoying as well Completely different drive than the R. Like you say - different strokes as I can't do the wing on a road car

Having a RS and GT3.2 manual will be really awesome - congrats. You are living well
Old 08-20-2017, 08:10 PM

The 12 year old inside me likes stuff with spoilers.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car commander View Post
The 12 year old inside me likes stuff with spoilers.

[emoji106]
Old 08-21-2017, 03:49 AM

Love the R. It's obviously designed by those who want to just drive. So it would be a shame to keep them in the garage.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:16 AM

All the paperwork and funding complete. The car will arrive the Tuesday after Labor Day

It's all a little serendipitous, I turned 50 this year and now have two other items that represent 50th anniversaries...the Rolex seadweller SD43 which marks the 50th anniversary of the seadweller (one of my favorite watches and I have four versions of it now) and the 991 911 R which marks the 50th of the original 911R from 1967.