AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Events & Demos

Events & Demos Manufacturer & Dealer Sponsored Events

Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM

Default Paragon Sight and Sound Demos

For the next three Thursday's after I get back from vacation I will be heading to one of my local dealers for his Music Matters nights.

Thursday, October 15th
Bill McKiegan, Vice President of USA Sales and Marketing for Krell Industries, will premier the full Krell Evolution System, featuring the Modulari Duo Loudspeakers.

John Schaffer, President & CEO of Wadia Digital, and Martin Cooper, National Sales Manager for Wadia, will be showcasing the Series 9 System: 922 mono Decoding Computers and 931 Digital Controller. They will also be showing the 381 CD Player..

Thursday, October 22nd
John McIntosh, Vice President of Business Development for Bowers & Wilkins, will be showcasing the 800 Diamond Series Speakers, and other selected B&W and Rotel products.

Steve Mulnick, National Sales Manager of McIntosh Labs, and Mike Pecar, Regional Sales Representative for McIntosh, will demonstrate the full McIntosh System: MCD500 SACD/CD Player, MC2301 Tube Amplifier, C1000 Controller & Tube Amplifier, featuring the XRT1K Loudspeakers.

Thursday, October 29th
Jerron Marchant, Regional Sales Representative for Wilson Audio, will present the new Sasha W/P Speakers for demonstration.

David Schultz, Director of Sales for Transparent Audio, and Josh Clark, Chief Product Designer of Transparent, will be conducting a presentation on "How We Listen," and will demonstrate Transparent's Power Conditioning and Power Cord Products.

Nick Doshi, President & Chief Designer of Doshi Audio, will present the new Doshi Audio Monoblocks and will demonstrate the Doshi Alaap Preamplifier.

I am looking forward to the Transparent Demo, of course I always like talking McIntosh and the Wadia will be interesting. The Doshi stuff is gaining almost a cult following. I wonder what it is all about.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:48 PM

WOW!!!

What a great schedule.

You are very lucky to have a dealer like that in your area.

Enjoy...

PS Imagine having a name like McIntosh and working for B&W... what are the chances?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
For the next three Thursday's after I get back from vacation I will be heading to one of my local dealers for his Music Matters nights.

Thursday, October 15th
Bill McKiegan, Vice President of USA Sales and Marketing for Krell Industries, will premier the full Krell Evolution System, featuring the Modulari Duo Loudspeakers.

John Schaffer, President & CEO of Wadia Digital, and Martin Cooper, National Sales Manager for Wadia, will be showcasing the Series 9 System: 922 mono Decoding Computers and 931 Digital Controller. They will also be showing the 381 CD Player..

Thursday, October 22nd
John McIntosh, Vice President of Business Development for Bowers & Wilkins, will be showcasing the 800 Diamond Series Speakers, and other selected B&W and Rotel products.

Steve Mulnick, National Sales Manager of McIntosh Labs, and Mike Pecar, Regional Sales Representative for McIntosh, will demonstrate the full McIntosh System: MCD500 SACD/CD Player, MC2301 Tube Amplifier, C1000 Controller & Tube Amplifier, featuring the XRT1K Loudspeakers.

Thursday, October 29th
Jerron Marchant, Regional Sales Representative for Wilson Audio, will present the new Sasha W/P Speakers for demonstration.

David Schultz, Director of Sales for Transparent Audio, and Josh Clark, Chief Product Designer of Transparent, will be conducting a presentation on "How We Listen," and will demonstrate Transparent's Power Conditioning and Power Cord Products.

Nick Doshi, President & Chief Designer of Doshi Audio, will present the new Doshi Audio Monoblocks and will demonstrate the Doshi Alaap Preamplifier.

I am looking forward to the Transparent Demo, of course I always like talking McIntosh and the Wadia will be interesting. The Doshi stuff is gaining almost a cult following. I wonder what it is all about.
They will also be demo'ing the Wilson Maxx 3's. Should be interesting.

Last edited by Still-One; 10-13-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:22 PM

Received the following e-mail from Tim Westegren the founder of Pandora. I guess I have to decide wether to skip one week of the Paragon demo nights for this get together.

Hi, Tim here.

Hope this email finds you well, and enjoying the arrival of a crisp Michigan fall.

I’m writing to invite you to Birmingham for a Pandora town hall on Monday evening, October 19th at 7pm. Really looking forward to finally holding our first Detroit-area get together! We have listeners all over the Detroit Metro area and surrounding suburbs - it was really hard to pick a spot. Sorry in advance for those for whom this is out of the way - I hope you'll rally.
It'll be a very informal gathering. I’ll share some Pandora history, some background on the Music Genome Project, the process of creating a company, and our visions for the future (including some really cool stuff with car companies for you auto buffs). Things are moving so fast there’s lots to talk about. I’ll happily answer any burning questions you have, listen to suggestions, critiques... you name it.

Should be a fun evening. And I’ll have some special Pandora swag too! Feel free to bring as many guests as you like. The more the merrier. No need to RSVP.

Full details below:

What: Pandora Listener Meetup
Where: Palladium 12 Theater, 2nd level, 250 North Old Woodward Avenue, Birmingham, MI
When: Monday, October 19, 7PM
Directions: http://www.uptownpalla
Old 10-14-2009, 02:19 PM

Dropped into Paragon today to pick up a couple of Transparent Reference Power Cords and order another couple to be made at a shorter length. They are in the process of getting ready for tomorrows Music Matters event, the first of three. They now have the Maxx 3's in place, but the Wilson Demo's will not be 'till the 29th. I will let them break in before I have a listen.

I did get to hear the Krell Modulari Duo's for the first time. Pretty impressive I must say. These sound nothing like the LAT series. Solid as a rock. It will be an interesting comparison with the Maxx 3's.

One other note, it looks like they will have the McIntosh MEN 220 in house for the Demo on the 22nd.

Last edited by Still-One; 10-14-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:37 PM

Let us know what you think of the Maxx3's Jim. I will be seriously auditioning and spending some time with them this coming spring to decide if the Sasha's stay or get upgraded to the Maxx 3's.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:41 PM

Serge
Will do. I am not sure if they will have the Maxx 3's and the Sasha's in the same room.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 PM

Just returned from tonight's Music Matters event at Paragon in Ann Arbor. This evenings event focused on Krell and Wadia. They had one room set up with a complete Krell system consisting of the Modulari Duo's, 600 mono blocks, the 525 CD/DVD transport and their HT processor. Anyone who thinks that Krell cannot make world class speakers has not heard the Duo's. (These are probably the same group of people who think McIntosh cannot make speakers either)

This system may not appeal to everyone but it sure hits all the right buttons for me. It is fast and probably does bass as good as anything I can remember hearing. Vocals were accurate and drums very, very realistic. From what I heard I believe them when they indicate they are flat to 25hz. The Maxx 3's which will be on display in two weeks have their work cut out for them.

Wadia had their top of the line 9 series DAC's and transport running thru 2301's and Sasha's. I enjoyed the technical discussion that went on here. A lot of discussion about sampling rates, filters, etc.

Next weeks event is will be McIntosh and B&W.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
Just returned from tonight's Music Matters event at Paragon in Ann Arbor. This evenings event focused on Krell and Wadia. They had one room set up with a complete Krell system consisting of the Modulari Duo's, 600 mono blocks, the 525 CD/DVD transport and their HT processor. Anyone who thinks that Krell cannot make world class speakers has not heard the Duo's. (These are probably the same group of people who think McIntosh cannot make speakers either)

This system may not appeal to everyone but it sure hits all the right buttons for me. It is fast and probably does bass as good as anything I can remember hearing. Vocals were accurate and drums very, very realistic. From what I heard I believe them when they indicate they are flat to 25hz. The Maxx 3's which will be on display in two weeks have their work cut out for them.

Wadia had their top of the line 9 series DAC's and transport running thru 2301's and Sasha's. I enjoyed the technical discussion that went on here. A lot of discussion about sampling rates, filters, etc.

Next weeks event is will be McIntosh and B&W.
Thanks for the follow up. Interesting choice of an amp for the Sasha. I hope the tubed 2301s don't mind the 1.8 impedance dip the Sasha likes to punish the amps with. Even the ss Ayre MX-Rs stumbled a bit when the Sasha was opened up a notch or two on high energy music. The Sasha also sounded a bit much on the warmer side with the tubey sounding ss Ayre MX-Rs, I'd love to hear what they sound like with all tubed amp. I doubt I would like it as much.

Last edited by PHC1; 10-15-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Thanks for the follow up. Interesting choice of an amp for the Sasha. I hope the tubed 2301s don't mind the 1.8 impedance dip the Sasha likes to punish the amps with. Even the ss Ayre MX-Rs stumbled a bit when the Sasha was opened up a notch or two on high energy music. The Sasha also sounded a bit much on the warmer side with the tubey sounding Ayre MX-Rs, I'd love to hear what they sound like with all tubed amp. I doubt I would like it as much.
I am guessing they will use the Krell amps when they demo the Wilson speakers in two weeks.
I have heard 2301's with 800D's and 802D's, McIntosh 1K's and the Sasha's. None of these speakers seemed to have presented a load the 2301's could not handle. Now that does not mean that many people would prefer to have faster sounding amps than McIntosh driving their speakers.