AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 09-11-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightZeroZeroDelta View Post
For sure. I have seen Dean and Buddy both do it with great results. Oh, I didn't know you were just running the TAD's with the Pass amps. Are you running them 24/7 for burn-in now? If you do eventually mate them with the C1's, it will help to compare the speakers as you will have a more pronounced grasp of their sound with the TAD's.
On when home, off when at work. I tell ya' the XA100.5 are sweet amps. Probably the most tube-like but on steroids. They do a wonderful job.

I'll say it again though, My GAT/Dart 108 still holds the #1 spot (on the TADs). Even through all this, GAT/Dart, no fuss, no muss.

The 911's are SUPERB on anything else, especially the C1's. Amazing. I will be hooking up the Pass amps to the C1's for the fun of it. I expect a great match based on, ahem, experience.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteam702 View Post
I'm afraid after talking to me, you might change your mind again
I think you're afraid I will change your mind. Ha!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
I think you're afraid I will change your mind. Ha!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
On when home, off when at work. I tell ya' the XA100.5 are sweet amps. Probably the most tube-like but on steroids. They do a wonderful job.

I'll say it again though, My GAT/Dart 108 still holds the #1 spot (on the TADs). Even through all this, GAT/Dart, no fuss, no muss.

The 911's are SUPERB on anything else, especially the C1's. Amazing. I will be hooking up the Pass amps to the C1's for the fun of it. I expect a great match based on, ahem, experience.
Man, those Pass amps sure sound incredible. I would love to see/hear those beasts.

Are you missing the GAT?

I think you are correct - the Pass amps will be sweet on the C1's as well. Experience...you certainly have plenty of that.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks Dan,

A dealer friend is gently urging me to give Naim a listen. They have a long history and great reviews but it seems to be that some absolutely love it, and some really don't like it. I don't see a middle ground. The same with Nordost, it's love/hate. Not sure why.
Joe...when I was first auditioning different gear for my first high-end audio set-up some 7 years ago, I listened to the Naim NAIT 5i integrated and the CD5i player and I was super impressed (very musical). I believe the speakers I heard them with were the Usher Be-718 monitors (which are not that easy to drive by the way) but I remember the Naim gear having great PRaT and sense of musicality. There is something about the way Naim gear handles the timing of music that just made it fun to listen to. Those entry points into Naim may not have been the last word in resolution, staging/imaging and other audiophile criteria but it sure sounded like music and made you want to dance. I am sure as you move up the line, you get more of the audiophile traits we are all accustomed to look out for but with that same infectious/shake your booty quality to those entry level products. I enjoyed my one audition of them very much so
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightZeroZeroDelta View Post
Man, those Pass amps sure sound incredible. I would love to see/hear those beasts.

Are you missing the GAT?

I think you are correct - the Pass amps will be sweet on the C1's as well. Experience...you certainly have plenty of that.
Big time!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Joe...when I was first auditioning different gear for my first high-end audio set-up some 7 years ago, I listened to the Naim NAIT 5i integrated and the CD5i player and I was super impressed (very musical). I believe the speakers I heard them with were the Usher Be-718 monitors (which are not that easy to drive by the way) but I remember the Naim gear having great PRaT and sense of musicality. There is something about the way Naim gear handles the timing of music that just made it fun to listen to. Those entry points into Naim may not have been the last word in resolution, staging/imaging and other audiophile criteria but it sure sounded like music and made you want to dance. I am sure as you move up the line, you get more of the audiophile traits we are all accustomed to look out for but with that same infectious/shake your booty quality to those entry level products. I enjoyed my one audition of them very much so
Thanks Cyril. I think Naim is worth a try on my CR-1's because how you just described it, is exactly how other described it. I have resolution to spare with the TADs.

Last edited by joeinid; 09-11-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 PM
World's Oldest Audiophile

I thought this was a Sonus Faber thread . . . .

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .
Old 09-11-2012, 11:03 PM

My bad. Sorry
Old 09-16-2012, 09:31 AM

Sonus Faber ranked "A"? No surprise from European lovers of Naim's infectious sense of rythmn & timing, combined with Sonus Faber's undoubted musicality & aesthetic beauty.

The person with those beautiful graphire Amati Anniversarios is Edouard, who lives in Paris. He has shown a number of pictures of his 2 Sonus Faber based systems: For his Amatis, follow these 2 links (if links are allowed on this forum, if not then apologies):

Naim Audio Forums: The English, the German and the French in Paris with the Goddess - Powered by Hoop.la
Naim Audio Forums: The Goddess Amati (2) - Powered by Hoop.la

For his Cremona Auditor M speakers, see:
Naim Audio Forums: System Pics 2012 - Powered by Hoop.la

Best regards, FT