AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 10-17-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBritt View Post
Power Port Premier. Gotcha. I'm not seeing that on PS Audio's website but it is available on the MusicDirect.com website, perhaps among others. Cool.

So I'll just chill for now and see if some favorable reviews come in. Thanks again.
No problem Britt

FYI, I'm not sure if PS Audio manufactures the Premier level outlet anymore, though as you noticed, you still see them being sold. If I had to do again today I'd go with a Shunyata SR-Z1 outlet or one of the Furutech's.

I love the smell of new equipment in the morning. Smell, that burning in smell, all over the room, smells like ... Victory.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:23 PM

I picked up one of these at the Melbourne AV show today from Cameron at Krispy Cables.

I've shoved it in the Hydra Talos for the time being. Would prefer to plug it directly into the GPO (wall outlet) but US plug configuration need only apply...need to find an adaptor.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:17 AM

MyPal, can you post feedback how good these defender after burn in. Ta.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitweebs View Post
MyPal, can you post feedback how good these defender after burn in. Ta.
I guess its early days but it hasn't taken anything away that I've noticed. Maybe, I'll get another.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:36 PM

I received the Defender and plugged it into an unused outlet in the bedroom to run it in. The other outlet is used by a Monster AVS 1000 conditioner. Cable box, TV, receiver (used as headphone amp), and a wireless router are plugged into the AVS 1000. I could hear (and see) a positive difference right away (with the headphones too).

The next day I unplugged the Defender and took it to another location where an audio system was assembled. I plugged it into the unused outlet (the other outlet was used by an older Hydra 6). After a brief warm-up I noticed a similar, but more magnified positive difference.

I would like to listen to this little guy for a few days to be reasonably sure of it's effect.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 AM

I like it. It's a Shunyata sound sweetener for sure. I'm going to put another one in.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post
I like it. It's a Shunyata sound sweetener for sure. I'm going to put another one in.
So you have one plugged into the back of your Talos and liked the difference it made? Enough that your buying another. Hmm, makes me think I shook try one out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
So you have one plugged into the back of your Talos and liked the difference it made? Enough that your buying another. Hmm, makes me think I shook try one out.
Hmmm... I thought it was redundant to the MPDA in the Talos and I remember reading somewhere (maybe from Caelin?) that chaining multiple MPDA's was not particularly useful.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbaron View Post
Hmmm... I thought it was redundant to the MPDA in the Talos and I remember reading somewhere (maybe from Caelin?) that chaining multiple MPDA's was not particularly useful.
I thought the same at first but sounds good to me! I'd have to use an adaptor to plug into the AU wall receptacle which is a pain...No AU version of the Defender!

I wouldn't mind a CG confirmation if he's lurking on this thread (i.e. Defender into Talos)....
Old 10-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbaron View Post
I remember reading something close to that as well. But based on Steve's results some benefit might be possible. But for me even if the results are not positive in my two channel system I would just place it in my HT system
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.