AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 07-18-2018, 10:47 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Maga View Post
It’s a classy, tasteful room and setup. Just fabulous! And God bless your significant other for agreeing to it.
Karl - Thanks......my wife thinks we did a good job but despises the panels. Thing is, you don’t see them unless you point your neck straight up and peer at the ceiling which of course I never do. That was one of the things that made the biggest difference in the room, the slap echo was pretty severe until we finished. There’s about an 8 inch air gap between the ceiling the acoustic panels. For some reason it drives her nuts, don’t know why.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 07-18-2018, 10:59 PM

Makes me want to sit in there, have a bourbon, and listen to something nice. Well done.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:33 AM

Of all the systems I've looked at , mainly to try to get some ideas to use in mine, your room is quite the nicest integration of living space/listening area that I think I've seen.Many congratulations- looks a quite superb space to relax and listen in.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:54 AM

What a beautiful room and system,...amazing and Well Done!!!!
Old 07-19-2018, 07:11 AM

Lovely room!
Old 07-19-2018, 12:58 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzluvva View Post
Of all the systems I've looked at , mainly to try to get some ideas to use in mine, your room is quite the nicest integration of living space/listening area that I think I've seen.Many congratulations- looks a quite superb space to relax and listen in.
Thanks for the comments, that was our primary goal, to not have the typical off limits man cave but still have it functions primarily for audio (and reading). One of my first thoughts was to design it more like an old English library, with dark paneling, older style furniture etc but we figured that may not go as well with the rest of the house even though it would look cool.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 07-20-2018, 02:14 AM

Buck, what a gorgeous room: the rug, the wood, the panels, bookcases, furniture - it all goes together so well and looks so inviting.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 07-20-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzzmusician View Post
Absolutely beautiful....it seems like the sort of room you want to just hang.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on one of the coolest features of the room....
NO TELEVISION!!!!!

Bob
Agree with this. This something great about a room designed for any combination of just these three:
-listen to music
-have a conversation
-read a book

Fantastic room, Buck. Something for the rest of us to aspire to....
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.

Last edited by clpetersen; 07-20-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:39 AM
♫ Now playing... ♫

Buck,
Your room and setup is first class. I love everything about it.

I congratulate you on integrating your system in a space that's not secluded and doesn't look like a recording studio wanna-be. In my opinion the low point of high end audio is the lack of an audio Pottery Barn for people that actually want to live in the room where the music lives. Most wives seem to agree that of our hobby is a total fail in the looks department.

Your room is one of the best I've seen. Well done.
McIntosh MX150, C2300, MC601 (5), MC207, MCD12000, MR88, MPC1500, LB100, MCLK12. Anthem AVM 90. Lumin U1. Bluesound Node. Oppo 205. Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, CWM8.3D, CCM7.5 S2. SVS SB16-Ultra (4). Shunyata. Wireworld. Transparent. GIK.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:26 AM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweet View Post
Buck,
Your room and setup is first class. I love everything about it.

I congratulate you on integrating your system in a space that's not secluded and doesn't look like a recording studio wanna-be. In my opinion the low point of high end audio is the lack of an audio Pottery Barn for people that actually want to live in the room where the music lives. Most wives seem to agree that of our hobby is a total fail in the looks department.

Your room is one of the best I've seen. Well done.
Thanks for the kudos guys. So the reason this room seemed to work well for the audio system is the floorplan of the home....we have a somewhat typical suburban Atlanta 2 story brick home. It has the "usual" office that occupies the front corner of the house. Neither my wife nor I will probably ever work from home and neither one of us really needs an office space, so when we went over it with our builder, we figured we'd just expand the room since they're usually about 12 X 14 or so... and make it a library of sorts. We got lucky that in the plans there is no room behind it so since it's on the corner so we could make it as wide and deep as we wanted. We were limited on the width by the lot size, so about 16 to 18 ft was as wide as we could go and we settled on about 24 feet so it wouldn't look too weird if we made it deeper. Anyone with one of those traditional floor plans with the office or study on the corner could make it work!

- Buck