AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Clearaudio

Clearaudio Loving Music

Old 04-23-2011, 01:07 PM

Default Clearaudio Concept.

Purchased this Turntable for my office and it really sounds good.
I use a Phonomena 2 and the Concept tables MC cartridge, with a McIntosh MA2275 Int Amp.

Not near as noisy as my Pro-ject, Perspective TT (blackbird)in regard to: (Pops and clicks). I was happy with that, before I heard this.

Jeff at A/V solutions is like Ivan when it comes to after the sale help. Perfect!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Cool, calm scientist

I have one I use as a mono only deck, and think it's a great table for the money; sounds amazing for it's price class. Quality control seems to be variable; I've read of and have personally encountered some (in my case, minor) quality issues, but if you get a good one, enjoy it.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:33 AM

Solid on day 3.
What should I look for?
I have only read excellent reviews and agree.
Now my MA2275 did visit the shop...

Last edited by KingRT; 04-24-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:14 AM

Did you guys have to tweak anything or was the setup good right out of the box?
C2300 (Telefunkin Smooth plates); MC275 (Shuguang Treasure KT88 & Psvane signal); Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M; JL F112; Clearaudio Concept MC; Oppo BDP-93; Squeezebox Touch; Music Hall dac23.5 (Burson Op amps, Mundorf & Multicaps, Vampire RCA jacks, Amperex White label 6922); Wireworld Silver Electra PC's, IC's, & SC's; HiFi Tuning
Old 06-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Cool, calm scientist

No, I just installed the cartridge and then used a protractor to check alignment.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:55 AM

I ordered one about a month ago but it was on backorder. I think it should be here next week. I'm new to turntables so I don't know that much about proper setups, I need to learn somehow though.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhizzle View Post
I ordered one about a month ago but it was on backorder. I think it should be here next week. I'm new to turntables so I don't know that much about proper setups, I need to learn somehow though.
Did you order with or without a cartridge installed? If the latter, you should not need to worry about setup as it will be ready from the factory.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Did you order with or without a cartridge installed? If the latter, you should not need to worry about setup as it will be ready from the factory.
I ordered it with the MC cartridge. I checked the setup with the HiFi News test LP and protractor. The lines on the protractor are slightly off but probably isn't an issue. It passed tracks 6 & 7 on side one, had distortion in the right speaker on track 8, and totally jumped track 9. I don't expect it to pass track 9. Evertythig was good on side two except the last track (innermost trackability) had some distortion in the right speaker.
I'm not sure if I should try to adjust the anti skating until track 8 evens out the distortion to both speakers or just leave well enough alone. All of the lp's I've played so far sound alright. I just want it set up to play the best it can.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Cool, calm scientist

I would also let the cartridge run in a bit as well.

Most importantly, how does it sound?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:47 PM

The Concept sound amazing!
I could not be happier for the dollars spent.