AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion > Completed Marketplace Sales

Completed Marketplace Sales Memorable AA Sales threads

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 03:09 PM

Default Krell S-1200U 3D In Silver

Selling my Krell S-1200U 3D in Silver. Condition, it's a solid 8 on the Audiogon scale, perhaps higher, however I'm being conservative.

I'm the first owner, bought it new and have had it many years. It's the "fully loaded" version that came with Upscaling and also 3D compatibility. For all the specs please refer to the manufacturer's website.

It's a stellar sounding unit for those looking for a processor that can also act as a high-end preamp as it has a Complete Class-A preamp stage. This unit in preamp mode blew away every other preamp I've owned until I got my Boulder 2010 (close call with the 1010, but the edge still went to the Krell as it was less sterile and more organic sounding - probably due to the Class-A circuitry).

It also has a very competent configuration and customization ability when it comes to setting EQ and curves for you existing equipment.

Anyway, selling because I moved and I have insufficient room for multiple theaters. So downsizing. Check out all the other gear I have listed such as a Halo A31 400W x 3-Channel amp, a Wilson Watch Center channel, and more to come.

The Fine Print: Buyer pays 3% Paypal fee and shipping costs. Shipping only within the Continental U.S. via FedEX (which I use - if you have a preference of UPS or U.S. Postal Service let me know).

I paid $10,000 for this unit new however that's not realistic for current market and prices. I am asking for $3,000. I upgraded the Firmware in this unit with the assistance of Ivan recently so it's running one of the latest versions. Comes with original remote and box. I'll have to see what else is in the box as I'm unsure.

The unit is in silver color and it's in excellent condition physically and operationally. It's the best pre/pro I've ever owned.

I am in the Northern Virginia area and also in Roanoke VA. I can meet you as well if you're interested in pickup.

Fee free to PM me if you have any questions. You can look me up on audiogon as "allen_bh", or ebay as "quantization" - I've sold stuff on both sites for over 20 years (more like 15 on Audiogon and 23 on ebay) and have a 100% positive feedback. I've also bought and sold on this forum as well so know you're not dealing with some fly by night person. I take care of my gear and do not abuse it.

Apologies for no photos as it's boxed up from the move. I can get you pictures of the box and photos of it when it was in its rack if that would suffice. If you want, I can pull it out and take photos of it if you. Just let me know - not a big deal.

Thanks for looking.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:20 PM

No longer for sale - ENDED - No longer for sale -
Closed Thread