AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Lamm

Lamm Bringing you the magic of music

Old 03-10-2020, 11:57 PM

Default Wilson DAWs Powered By Lamm M1.2s...

Will the Lamm M1.2 efficiently power the Wilson DAWs successfully?
Old 03-11-2020, 01:30 AM

I was driving a pair of Sophia 2's (which were less efficient) with M1.2's some years back in a 14x17 room. Plenty of power and overhead reserves. The deeply class A biased M1.2s were a great match. I don't see why they would be less than stellar with DAWs.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:09 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
Will the Lamm M1.2 efficiently power the Wilson DAWs successfully?
Hey Saint - haven't seen you lately.

I drive Wilson Alexia Series 2 with the Lamm M1.2 Ref monoblocks. Those are rated at 89db sensitivity with a minimum impedance of 2.54 ohms.

With their 91db sensitivity and 2.48 ohms low impedance, the Sasha/DAW should work fine with the M1.2s which will output 220 Watts into 4 Ohms and 400 Watts into 2 Ohms.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima View Post
Hey Saint - haven't seen you lately.

I drive Wilson Alexia Series 2 with the Lamm M1.2 Ref monoblocks. Those are rated at 89db sensitivity with a minimum impedance of 2.54 ohms.

With their 91db sensitivity and 2.48 ohms low impedance, the Sasha/DAW should work fine with the M1.2s which will output 220 Watts into 4 Ohms and 400 Watts into 2 Ohms.

Yes my friend,

It’s been some time, hasn’t it? Life turned me upside down and shook the change out of my pockets. Divorced now and living on Maui. Now that I’m enjoying some measure of normalcy, I can get back to my passions. Hoping to ship my system out here within the next few months, but have been entertaining upgrading my Sasha #1’s to the DAWs. Thank you for the insight, pls friend. I hear the DAWs are pretty amazing. Have you heard them?
Old 03-14-2020, 08:14 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
Yes my friend,

It’s been some time, hasn’t it? Life turned me upside down and shook the change out of my pockets. Divorced now and living on Maui. Now that I’m enjoying some measure of normalcy, I can get back to my passions. Hoping to ship my system out here within the next few months, but have been entertaining upgrading my Sasha #1’s to the DAWs. Thank you for the insight, pls friend. I hear the DAWs are pretty amazing. Have you heard them?
It's good to learn you are back on your feet. I bet Maui is a lifestyle change! Not sure there a Wilson dealer in Hawaii? Sadly, I have not heard the Sasha DAW yet and only know what I read which is largely quite favorable - mid and tweeter from the WAMM. Wilson would not put Dave's name on a speaker unless it was top-notch in its class. Wilson has a trade-up program that is pretty generous. I went from Sasha 1 to Alexia 1 - a substantial step up, and then to Alexia 2, a real improvement over the 1. Now focusing on front-end electronics - don't think I'll ever give up the M1.2s. Hope to see your around more frequently.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
It's good to learn you are back on your feet. I bet Maui is a lifestyle change! Not sure there a Wilson dealer in Hawaii? Sadly, I have not heard the Sasha DAW yet and only know what I read which is largely quite favorable - mid and tweeter from the WAMM. Wilson would not put Dave's name on a speaker unless it was top-notch in its class. Wilson has a trade-up program that is pretty generous. I went from Sasha 1 to Alexia 1 - a substantial step up, and then to Alexia 2, a real improvement over the 1. Now focusing on front-end electronics - don't think I'll ever give up the M1.2s. Hope to see your around more frequently.

Thank you ever so kindly. It was a long hard road. Nevertheless, I survived. And, in fact, other than being separated from my children, I’m in a much better place. Now that you mention it, I was contemplating going the route of the Alexias. Have you reviewed the Alexias 2?
Old 03-14-2020, 05:24 PM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Yes to the Alexia 2 review:
https://positive-feedback.com/review...-loudspeakers/
Old 03-26-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Any experience with Magico speakers?