AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 05-19-2019, 06:18 PM

Post Saturday May 18, 2019 Delivery pictures of the RS3 in "Tango-Red-Metallic" ...

Sunday May 19th 2019
Just completed editing all the 76 pictures I originally took yesterday.
I got it down to 33 total pictures to post for you guys.
I think what you'll see will tell the complete story on yesterday.
Especially for anyone that has no idea what the Audi RS3 Sports Sedan is all about in general.

I think I should say something 1st before posting the pictures below.
Cathy (Wife) loves the RS3 more than any other car I have owned and guys that covers a lot of cars.
She loves the Red exterior color and the Black & Red (Highlighted) interior.
The one thing that both of us instantly noticed was it's size.
It's a small sedan guys and very-very much like her Golf R inside as far as space.
Exterior wise the RS3 honestly seems to be a smaller car than the Golf R.
We agreed the reason being the RS3 is a sedan with a trunk.
The Golf R sitting to the right of the RS3 is a (Hatchback) and very much reminds us of a small SUV in looks.
Personally as soon as we walked up to it on the showroom floor I knew I was totally 100% in.
And then we opened the front doors and both of us got in.
Shut the doors and both of us immediately said this is a (Perfect) size very much like the Golf R we have now had two years.
Oh, let me not forget to mention adjusting the Rear-View-Mirror and when I did and looked at it to the rear.
Guys, there is NO-Blockage anywhere at all in the Rear-Window Area !!!
The EURO rear-head-rest was a smart decision for a FACT.
Let's see, the exterior of it looks to me and her perfect with Zero-Complaints.
The interior is to us simply, Outstanding in all respects guys.
The fit & finish is perfect and the Red & Black in it just further emphasizes the exterior.
Let me not overlook saying something about all the Technology.
The Huge Driver Display guys is KILLER and Super-Easy-to-See & Read.
If your even a little concerned/worried, bothered and seriously wondering is that Pop-Up dash Display going to be a DISASTER ???
No it is not as you have to look to the right to actually totally VIEW it while driving.
I now understand why Audi or any other manufacturer didn't throw an absolute fit when the FEDS stepped in and said it (Stays-UP) if car is running.
One more comment, I think many of us worry about that sort of thing as we simply just don't know really what to expect.
Well, guys put your minds at rest as it simply is No-Big-Deal at all.

As far as actually driving it and what I came away with ???
Speaking just for myself and not even remotely trying to tell someone else what to think.
I may have driven it 30-miles, maybe.
So it should be obvious to anyone what could I really say with it being a brand new car and my limited time in the driver's seat ???
I made sure before I pulled out from Audi Nashville that it was in, Dynamic & Sport modes.
Where I live we thankfully don't have screwed up streets, roads, or interstates.
More than likely I'll drive mine 90-Plus Percent of the time in those two modes.
I could constantly hear the engine as it was always at higher RPMs with those settings.
I could in general hear the exhaust and in some cases hear the street pavement according to it's surface.
I could (Easily) hear the exhaust as it went through the gears BOTH Up & Down shifting.
You could Definitely Hear it (The Exhaust) as it Down-Shifted coming to a stop which most guys I think would love.
I had my buddy Tom Cochran on the phone for sometime while we were driving it.
So, just for the heck of it I NAILED-IT to the floor in maybe 2nd or 3rd gear and took it to like 7,000 RPM once.
I said Tom that was 7K buddy and it does it instantly ..............
He did hear it doing it's thing as I was talking with him on the RS3's phone.
BTW, it was hottttttt yesterday so we had the windows-up and everything I said above was with the windows up.
It's brakes I really like and they to me feel GREAT.
I didn't have any reason to stand on them but in normal Stop & Go traffic they feel GREAT to me.

I'm thinking some of you might wonder how is it as far as taking off from a stop ???
This is what I observed guys .........
I obviously didn't Grand-Slam it from a Stop so let's all get past that sort of thing.
However IMO guys, it does seem to me to have a pause, when touching the gas according to what gear it's in and what RPM the engine is at.
And there is No-Way in hell that me or anyone else I don't think can put it in to exact wording to totally 100% describe that.
Also, for those interested, it does NOT even with it in Dynamic & Sport Modes with (Moderate) throttle take-off like a NON-Turbo-Car.
It's just simply the way it is if your in bumper to bumper traffic and driving there is some Pause/Hesitation driving it normal.
I think now after driving it myself I understand what the fellow that did the 1st video on You-tube was referring to between the S-Model versus the RS3.
To him it seemed the RS3 was NOT all that Quick/Responsive if driving much more normal.
So, let me say what I think on what I said and he said regarding the above with the RS3.
I think once it's actually got some real miles on it where you can drive it as you please.
And you just go ahead from a stop as aggressive as you like the above will not be an issue.
But, guys, this is NOT a Muscle-Car like the Challenger Hellcat I traded in on the RS3.
The Hellcat from a stop has ZERO hesitation period but it's totally two different engines and drive-trains.
I'm not trying to Bust any one's balls on here and I sure hope No-One thinks I don't love my newly acquired RS3.
I love it and will continue to more so after it and I have time with one another so I totally know how it behaves and then I drive it accordingly.

Okay in the pictures below I gave it a lot of thought to what another person would want to see if ???????
They did not ever drive, see any RS3 in person like myself.
I hope I chose the right things so a new person to the RS3 will totally appreciate it as BOTH myself & my Wife Cathy.

The actual Pictures:

Left to Right
Trey Lee (Salesman), Me, Cathy (Wife) & Robert Hartman (General Manager)
Audi Nashville

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

This is Betty one of the Receptionist.

Your guy doing his thing and YES I was (Smiling) ...

Here we go guys now looking at the Huge Driver's Display.
Your seeing the Navigation and it's GREAT.

The Dash Pop-Up Display again showing the Navigation.

A quick view of the Center-Console area.

This next series of pictures is for my Buddy Tom Cochran.
And of course any other Audi World member.
These will show one of the most Totally Outstanding (Safety) features for some of us.
Especially those of us that happen to live in Heavy Traffic and Bumper to Bumper traffic.

Here comes the vehicle in the rear driver's side see it in the driver's mirror ???
Look at the Driver's Side Mirror with the BRIGHTLY Lit (YELLOW/AMBER) WARNING LEDS.

Notice now where that approaching SUV is in the mirror ???
It's right at the rear of the RS3.

Look right beside the RS3 there is that SUV going by.

Well it just seemed like I should also share the RS3 in it's assigned garage space.
Notice the space between the RS3 and Cathy's Golf R.

​​​​​​​Cathy just returned from Publix doing the grocery shopping thing for us for next week.

Below are some of the Gifts from Audi Nashville to me.

And just in-case we might drop the darn keys to it these were also provided by Audi Nashville.

Hope you found this post of some interest guys,
Terry
​​​​​​

My 2019 RS3 in"Tango Red Metallic"arrived May 14, 2019 at Audi Nashville.
VIN WUABWGFFXKA900626

Click on link below for my 2019 RS3 order.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...019-a-2965136/

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 05-19-2019, 08:51 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Terry.......So cool. Thanks for all the photos. Looks like you and Cathy are two very happy owners.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 05-19-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:53 PM

Love the car! I have a 2016 Golf R and now I’m jealous! Best of luck and enjoy the RS3!
Old 05-20-2019, 10:10 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Terry.......So cool. Thanks for all the photos. Looks like you and Cathy are two very happy owners.

We both love this RS3 and the Deep Red is KILLER on it buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiham View Post
Love the car! I have a 2016 Golf R and now I’m jealous! Best of luck and enjoy the RS3!

Well we have a 2017 Golf R that we purchased for Cathy new in 2017.
We both really-really like the Golf R.
Our mutual opinions are it is one heck of a machine for it's cost.
We have now had hers for I suppose a little over two years.
And it has a whopping 8,000 miles or so on it.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 05-21-2019, 12:44 PM

Post My RS3 is right now at, AREA FORTY 4, Detail-Shop Vinny owns ...

Guys,

Okay the RS3 has already been taken to Vinny to have several things done.

Click on link below,
https://www.areaforty4.com/

Protection options:

(1)
Paint protection film

The Front Clip:
Covering the entire front end, a front clip eliminates most visible seams.
All edges are wrapped.
This covers the main areas prone to rock chips, but does not protect the debris kicked up from your tires.
(Also the Lower Rocker Panels and the rectangle area right above the windshield)
Starting at: $2,000.00

The only film we install is Suntek PPF Ultra.
It is in our opinion the clearest film on the market.
It also has the least amount of texture, is incredibly hydrophobic, and has some of the quickest self-healing properties we have ever seen.
It comes with a 10-year warranty.
It is highly recommended that we start with a full correction of the vehicle and ceramic coat over the film, even though the film will cover these defects.
Nothing looks better than pristine film over a pristine finish.

(2)

Ceramic Coating:

CQuartz FINEST Reserve:

Starting at: $2,600.00

Quartz FINEST Reserve is what we refer to as our 98% package.
Meaning, we go the extra mile to remove any and all defects completely.
Simply put, this is the most extensive package available.
Not only are we correcting your paint to as close to perfection as possible, we are also sanding any nibs out, feathering out any seriously deep damage.
When your vehicle is done with this service it could win any Concours event.
Once we have finished correcting your paint to perfection, we then correct all glass/trim/door jambs/rims.
Nothing is left behind when we apply Reserve to your vehicle.
We coat your windows, trim, exhaust, wheels, barrels, suspension, calipers, wheel liners, and obviously your paint.
We then bake every inch of your vehicle to ensure a proper bond.
12 hours after we have baked everything, we apply reload to eliminate any possible static charge.
Not only is this coating slightly better than our baseline coating, the amount of protection and correction is leagues above anything else on the market.
If you have an exotic or restoration, this is right up your alley.
Not recommended for daily drivers.

My 2019 RS3 in "Tango-Red-Metallic" I took this afternoon to Vinny.
I discussed with him what I was thinking and what I wanted and then Vinny explained in Great-Detail exactly what he was going to do in person with Josh his assistant.
This is the exact same Company/Shop I had my Challenger Hellcat at and it turned out totally AWESOME guys.
In this case since Vinny and I have History with one another he is allowing me to be in the shop and personally observe everything that takes place with it.
And of course I can take all the pictures to share with any of you that might be interested in this sort of thing.

Pictures from today below and I know some of the numbers are incorrect.
However the pictures are in the correct order.

Just to mention a few things this shop has lots of Security cameras covering all of it.
And you cannot go up to the windows and place your hands on the front glass and see inside.
When your car you prize so dearly is in Vinny's shop no one can see it and no one will ever know it was there unless you tell them.
And for the Moron's in the world, yes they are, Carrying, so don't even think about breaking in it would not be a very smart move/decision.

Left to Right
Josh & Vinny

Applying 1st coat of the DLUX CARPRO you saw in the bottle.

Vinny will pick me up on his way in to the shop in the morning.
Terry

VIN WUABWGFFXKA900626

Old 05-23-2019, 09:10 PM

Post More pictures at Vinny's detail shop ...........

Guys,

These are the next pictures of Vinny & Josh Custom/Detailing my RS3.

These 1st 2-pictures are of tires and below is that short story.
When I picked up the RS3 on Saturday after maybe driving 3-4 or so miles the WARNING Message came up and the Amber Symbol on the dash for Low-Tire-Pressure.
Made a quick U-Turn as soon as I could and drove to the service lanes.
I saw Christina my Service Writer and told her what took place.
I also told here I left it running just to make sure the message didn't go away.
She took it right down to the service area and within a short time brought it back up to the write-up lanes.
Said they checked all the tires and put air in them and reset the WARNING-LIGHT.
So all was good and truthfully I thought to myself this is sorta strange as they just PDI it a few days ago.
And IMO I highly doubted they didn't check and if necessary add additional air when they did the PDI.
Anyway, I decided not to get into some lengthy discussion and left and hoped that one of the tires was simply low enough it turned on the WARNING.

Of course we all know what's coming, right guys ???
It sat in my garage and Monday when Vinny said drive on over I fired it up and as soon as I backed out of the garage you wanna guess what happened ???
Of course that Tire WARNING message and dash Tire Symbol lit-up.
Anyway I didn't want to screw with it right then and drove on over to Vinny's Shop maybe 5-miles from my house.
I asked him to check the Right-Front-Tire pressure and why.
He did and it had like 32 PSI in it.
He looked but didn't see any reason for it to be low again.
Anyway, let me try to speed this short-story way-up.
When he removed the wheels & tires and took a look there it was a SCREW in that tire so Mystery over.
I just sent a text to my guy at the Audi dealer and he got with Christina and a new replacement tire was ordered that day.
Vinny my man actually took the tire & wheel to the Audi dealer and waited while they put the new tire on and balanced it for him as he was what's called a Waiter.
He brought it back to his shop and all was lovely once again.

Josh & Vinny getting ready to apply the 2nd coat of CARPRO DLUX Sealant to all 4-wheels.

AS you can see in the pictures they do the complete wheel inside and out.
And they apply it to all surfaces ..........

Lastly goes the HEAT to Set the Sealant completely to the surfaces.

Below is showing just how HOT that wheel is.

Josh is working on the last 2-wheels while the 1st 2 were completed.

For those interested pictures of the PPF Suntek clear film on the hood.

Josh is doing the final wash to all 4-inner fender wells.
And I do mean everything that under each fender-well is totally cleaned, perfect.
Meanwhile as you see Vinny is working on the film.

Josh stopped so I took this picture of him Totally Cleaning under the Fender-Wells.
He does not play around guys this guy does it as perfect as it possibly can be.

Josh is now getting ready spray the C.QUARTZ Fabric Protectant to the Underside of the rear fender areas where it is like Fabric.
I'm pretty sure Audi does that to help with Road-Noise coming back up into the cabin.

Josh is now doing the areas under the front fender-wells.

Josh is applying the CARPRO DLUX to the underneath side of the front fender-wells.

More pictures tomorrow guys,
Terry

VIN WUABWGFFXKA900626

Old 05-24-2019, 11:38 AM

Wow, that is extremely detailed with incredible pictures! thanks for sharing and congratulations on a great car!
Old 05-24-2019, 11:43 AM

Exclamation

Terry, congrats and enjoy your new toy! Hope you will hold on to this one after putting all the time and money into it!
Old 05-24-2019, 11:54 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Wow, that is extremely detailed with incredible pictures! thanks for sharing and congratulations on a great car!

I appreciate the comments ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Terry, congrats and enjoy your new toy! Hope you will hold on to this one after putting all the time and money into it!
Serge,

One has to be careful when they make an absolute comment like the following.
This RS3 buddy will be staying if I have anything to do with it.
Cathy also feels the same-way about it.
She was the one saying to me not to put off taking it to Vinny's and getting it protected.
I wanted a small super easy to see out of sedan with huge POWER.
And for it to have modern technology and the RS3 does.

Bottom-Line buddy it is fully intended to be very-very long term.

Vinny & Josh are doing an excellent job on it for sure.

Terry

Old 05-24-2019, 12:15 PM

I love the detail- concourse for sure!
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v