AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Against the Tide

Default Is The iPad "It" from ComputerAudiophile.com

Is The iPad "It" from ComputerAudiophile.com
Is The iPad "It" | Computer Audiophile
Old 08-11-2010, 01:31 PM

I just received my iPad today. I like it for browsing the web and if will make a nice travel computer ie watching movies on a airplane. It will be great as a home theater remote. Anyone using the iPad as a remote here ?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Music Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
I just received my iPad today. I like it for browsing the web and if will make a nice travel computer ie watching movies on a airplane. It will be great as a home theater remote. Anyone using the iPad as a remote here ?
David,
I saw the ipad being used as a remote control in a store the other day, very cool.
Mike
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect
Old 08-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Anyone know if the IPad will be compatible with SonoS?.... Given that the IPhone is.. I'm assuming it should.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haurock View Post
Anyone know if the IPad will be compatible with SonoS?.... Given that the IPhone is.. I'm assuming it should.
You can use if with the SonoS web interface. Same as you do with a laptop.
Jm
Old 08-11-2010, 08:59 PM

So far I am much more impressed with the iPad than I thought I would be. I initially was thinking this was just going to be nothing more than a big iPod but it is way better. Having a key board that allows you to type with two hands like a real keyboard is a big plus. Some of the apps are very cool, for example the app flipboard let's you book mark websites and store them as icons. When you touch the icon you can scroll through the pages like you arE reading a magazine. I really like the bookstore, this thing is going to put barnes and noble out of business. It so easy to read a book or let the ipad read it to you, change the font, letter size, bookmark, change the color from white to sepia, do a key word search etc. It is way more fun to browse the web on this than my phone. Once it has a camera for video chatting it will replace your home telephone. What a innovative smart company. I did not appreciate this thing just using it in the store. It just does so many things with all the apps that I can't explain it. It is also nice that you can watch netflix movies on demand on it and the quality is very good.

Last edited by 1KW; 08-11-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 PM

David
I am a big Mac fan but I have not been able to figure out how I would use it. My wife wanted to get one me one for my birthday but I asked her not to. Between my MacBook Air ( and waiting impatiently for the next update on that) and my iPhone I have it all covered. The rumor of a second sightly smaller iPad around the first of the year might get me to move. The current one is too close in size to the Air.
Jim
Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 PM

I am really liking my iPad. Remote control? Check out savant. You can mount the iPad on a wall.

Home automation, home theater and multi room audio control from iPad and more from Savant
Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
David
I am a big Mac fan but I have not been able to figure out how I would use it. My wife wanted to get one me one for my birthday but I asked her not to. Between my MacBook Air ( and waiting impatiently for the next update on that) and my iPhone I have it all covered. The rumor of a second sightly smaller iPad around the first of the year might get me to move. The current one is too close in size to the Air.
Jim
Jim you will like this thing better than a new MacBook air. It is the most elegant computer I have ever had.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I am really liking my iPad. Remote control? Check out savant. You can mount the iPad on a wall.

Home automation, home theater and multi room audio control from iPad and more from Savant
Yes I saw a demo of this software already. I'm looking forward to someday having this in my house. Paging Master Lu.