AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 PM

As i wrote before i am very happy with my Schnerzinger cables because they turned my sashas into a singing speaker in a way that i never had heard before.

You can read my experiences with Schnerzinger cables and my sashas which i posted in the past:
Schnerzinger cables - any experience? - AudioAficionado.org

The Schnerzinger´s web :
START | SCHNERZINGER Molecular Processing for Audio | Audio Kabel/ Cable
Old 03-26-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidho View Post
"You have clearly not heard the S.R Galileo USC,a box connected between the speaker cables andthe speakers ... Amazing gadget! "

Yes never heard.

the point is not if is good or not: a cable is a simply cable!!

Is not a box connected between the speaker cables and the speakers!!

Is a general point of view of how a cable must be!
A simple cable!

If I have to rely to a system with equalizers or magic boxes between the amplifier and the speaker ,"system" even when playing the best.. principle I do not like.

The Mit (becouse heard) make sure a good sound, they make a great job with SpectralAudio and Magico Q5 or others but I use more from a sympli cable!! the Roll off in the HF is "drived" for your "box".
Sound better ? ok, but is not a cable: is a extra piece the give you a good sound.

A Nordost Odin have ca. the same price of a Mit and sound great and is a simple cable.

Imho, i prefer a simple cable ..... sorry.
I do not agree.Not at all.

If it is Your principle that a cable should be as simple as possible.Ok,I can respect that.But if a box improves the reproduced sound,not roll of the sound,but truly enhances the performance of the system it cant be a bad thing?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylpressing View Post
I'm extremely happen with Transparent Ref XL MM2 with my Alexia's.

I previously had Ultra and Reference from Transparent and they were also fine.

But the Ref XL was a huge step up, even from Reference. I finally got the bass response that I was looking for, and really felt the air around the instruments. They seem to pair extremely well with Wilson.

I've had Audioquest in the past, and they are not even in the same league. I have removed all Audioquest Niagara cables from my system and replaced them with TA and its night and day.

-Mohammed
I have a set of Transparent ref XL with MM1 that I have not used for a while. In my system I found it a little dark. I might pull them out and give them another listen.

cheers
Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 AM

I use Shunyata Auroras and Stratos with ARC and Sashas and I am happy. Have also heard Transparent and they sounded great, but alot of $. Not as impressed with Nordost/Wilson combo.
Wilson Alexia V, ARC Ref 160M MkII,Ref 40,Ref Phono2SE, Shunyata Triton3, Typhon, Sigma PCs, ICs & SCs, Spectral SDR4000SV (w MIT IC), Belcanto PL1, Oppo 205, Marantz 2270 (tuner only):AudioDesk and VPI record cleaners, Furutech Demag & Destat; Stillpoint Apertures, TechDas AF 3S Premium with SAT CF9 and Kuzma 4pt 9" arms, Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Dynavector XV1-t stereo and XV1-s mono carts, Miyajima mono, Shure V15VxMR,
Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 AM

Turntable,

Interested in how it sounds. I am using Ref XL MM2.

I've heard that the MM1 sounds quite different, but I am not familiar with the differences.

-Mohammed
Old 03-27-2013, 02:37 AM
From the BAT cave ...

I use WireWorld Silver Eclipse 6 and they are simply wonderful.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman
I use WireWorld Silver Eclipse 6 and they are simply wonderful.
+1 !
Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
+1 !
+1 UP

at new order
Quote:
If it is Your principle that a cable should be as simple as possible.Ok,I can respect that.But if a box improves the reproduced sound,not roll of the sound,but truly enhances the performance of the system it cant be a bad thing?
no, is not a bad thing. it's only that for me is you need this "extra" means to everywhere the pre-ampli-source connection dont is/work at the top. this "box or you want to call it"
For me if I have a great combo i dont need extras to have a better sound.

Like wrote a cable MUST be a cable nothing more. I respect your opinion that if this Mit calbe modus working give more sadisfaction i'm happy for you but for a "purist" is not a good thing.

A lot of great system sound amazing without a mit product...and is possible that with another speaker cable you can have a better but too a disaster.

-------

A speaker like Wilson sound very great without the "help" from Mit cable,

The outside there are so many brands of cables that finding the right one is not easy.

raidho
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM

I have just moved from TA Ref XL mm2 speaker cables to the TA Ref MM mm2 and it is not subtle, really allows my amps to reveal another level of detail through the Sasha's and they haven't even broken in yet...
Amp: Bully Sound-M5's (proto) Analog: SME-20/2, Koetsu-Onyx Platinum, Doshi-Alaap Phono, Mcintosh MR67 Tuner Cable: Transparent-Opus Phono, Ref MM Speaker Cable, Ref XL Interconnects, Powerlink MMx2 PC's, Premium & Performance USB, Reference Coax, Reference Powerisolator Digital: Custom PC, J-River MC18, Dac DCS Debussy/ Bricasti M1 Preamp: Bully Sound-L5 (proto), Speakers: Wilson Sasha W/P
Old 03-27-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidho View Post
+1 UP

at new order

no, is not a bad thing. it's only that for me is you need this "extra" means to everywhere the pre-ampli-source connection dont is/work at the top. this "box or you want to call it"
For me if I have a great combo i dont need extras to have a better sound.

Like wrote a cable MUST be a cable nothing more. I respect your opinion that if this Mit calbe modus working give more sadisfaction i'm happy for you but for a "purist" is not a good thing.

A lot of great system sound amazing without a mit product...and is possible that with another speaker cable you can have a better but too a disaster.

-------

A speaker like Wilson sound very great without the "help" from Mit cable,

The outside there are so many brands of cables that finding the right one is not easy.

raidho
I use S.R cables and they are amazing as they are.Does not have any expirience of MIT and their cables at all.

But I got a phenomenal upgrade when adding S.R´s Galileo universal speaker cell.It acts as a kind of conditioner on the speaker signal and the effect with these is just dramatic.I was very sceptic at first I must add.Not anymoore.

I can recommend everyone to evaluate the Galileo to their stereo.Be prepaired to be flabbergasted!!