AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killergurt View Post
Hey Jayvis,

Good story, I wish I had an "easy" out like yours ;-)
I guess I will have to keep experimenting within the return period of my MB50.
My 601's arrived today! unpacked and set up in my rack! I am so excited, I could not really test them (kids sleeping) and gong to be at CES most of this week, so wife got instructions to break them in while I am away, and I start rocking them next weekend! Can't wait.
In the meantime, I just stare into those blue eyes and get mesmerized :-)
Outstanding system! Your speakers won't know what hit them.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Cool, calm scientist

My (strong) recommendation is a Sonore microRendu with iFi linear power supply. $640 for the microRendu + $50 for the iFi. This will allow streaming and reclocking of your signal to produce a very clean USB input to the DAC, and also serves as a Roon endpoint. The sound quality is exceptional, and this unit won awards from both Computer Audiophile and Audiostream for its sound quality, both stating at the time of their reviews, that it produced the highest quality computer audio they had heard in their systems to date (Michael Lavorgna has since replaced the Sonore with the dCS equivalent, but that unit is $4000).

Features:
SOFTWARE FEATURES

Supports the following PCM sample rates up to: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, and 768kHz
Supports the following DSD sample rates up to: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512
POP free DSD/PCM transitions
Not all USB devices or output modes support the maximum sample rate of the unit
RoonReady certified
Running Logitech Media Server locally allows playback of local radio stations and streaming service
Logitech Media Server allows you to use the unit as a UPNP server in combination with Drive Mounter
The Software Manager that allows you to install and uninstall apps as needed
BubbleUPNP Server app allows any renderer to take advantage of the OhMedia - OpenHome protocol
OhMedia - OpenHome protocol allows the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo Apps with playlist support to be used as controllers
Supports Tidal and Qobuz lossless streaming in Squeezelite output mode and DLNA output mode
Native DSD is supported on select DACs
The unit is controlled via third party apps on your mobile device and on your computer
Based on Sonicorbiter 2.5 released on 4/20/2017, closed source and open source (GPLv2)

I'm running this unit and have been very, very pleased with it's performance and support for formats as well as serving as a Roon endpoint.

It's also made in the USA if that is important to you.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 01-08-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:39 PM

I don't think the MicroRendu supports Spotify.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvis View Post
I don't think the MicroRendu supports Spotify.
Yeah, it does; Mode 6:

From the list of specifications from Sonore:

Mode #6 - Spotify Connect Output - This output can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. This application is based on librespot - an open source client library for Spotify. The application is in Beta form.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 01-08-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
My (strong) recommendation is a Sonore microRendu with iFi linear power supply. $640 for the microRendu + $50 for the iFi.
I good recommendation but I don't believe it has Wi-Fi as I think that what Killer needs/wants.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 01-08-2018, 05:28 PM

I also think the SONORE ultraRendu is an upgrade but again no Wi-Fi.
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 01-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyhome View Post
I also think the SONORE ultraRendu is an upgrade but again no Wi-Fi.
The Sonore requires an Ethernet cable connection, yes, but Wifi connectivity is easily obtained by connecting the Sonore to an Apple Airport Express that connects to your network via WiFi. That's how I use mine and it works great.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
The Sonore requires an Ethernet cable connection, yes, but Wifi connectivity is easily obtained by connecting the Sonore to an Apple Airport Express that connects to your network via WiFi. That's how I use mine and it works great.
Thanks!
Old 01-08-2018, 07:35 PM

There are dozens of wireless extenders that have Ethernet jacks. Chris at CA recommends this one.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Exten...range+extender
Old 01-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyhome View Post
Thanks!
You're welcome! Cheers.