AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 12-02-2012, 03:54 PM

Congrats Serge, as said before, that is a very special system & I'm sure all will enjoy, bet santa likes the colour too.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 PM

Congrats to the early Alexia adpoters, looking forward to seeing pictures of the speakers in home.

I have never been a fan of the looks of the Sophia's and Sasha's but have always liked the look of the Maxx's and Alexandria's and for me the Alexia strikes a perfect middle ground for looks. I'm sure the sound will be oustanding.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-10 Viper View Post
Serge;

You are going to love them! Mine are scheduled for February. Wish I had them in December!!! My Momentums ship this next week, so I'll have some new joy for the holidays.
Chuck, I see your gear signature, are you putting together another system or are the Alexia's replacing speakers in one of your current systems, possibly the 2 channel one thus replacing the Sasha's?

I see you have a really nice B&W HT setup, I'm a 802 Diamond and HTM2 Diamond owner myself, I really like that you are using 802's for surrounds, do you have any pictures of that setup posted here on the forums, I would really like to see a room with the 3 big guys up front and the 802's as surrounds. I have only ever come across two other people running a setup with 802's as surrounds, it doesn't happen very often.

Sorry for the B&W questions in a Wilson thread, back to the regularly scheduled discussion of the new Alexia's
Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 PM

Serge...a big congrats on the Alexias I just saw this. I am sure you will be very happy with the upgrade from the Sashas. Enjoy them in good health and as everyone said, great timing for the upcoming holidays
Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzr View Post
Congrats Serge, as said before, that is a very special system & I'm sure all will enjoy, bet santa likes the colour too.
Thanks Kev! Yes, the color is "Santa approved" I guess.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Congrats to the early Alexia adpoters, looking forward to seeing pictures of the speakers in home.

I have never been a fan of the looks of the Sophia's and Sasha's but have always liked the look of the Maxx's and Alexandria's and for me the Alexia strikes a perfect middle ground for looks. I'm sure the sound will be oustanding.
Pics the same day! Thanks.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Serge...a big congrats on the Alexias I just saw this. I am sure you will be very happy with the upgrade from the Sashas. Enjoy them in good health and as everyone said, great timing for the upcoming holidays
Cyril, thank you! I have high expectations of Alexia and I think they will not disappoint!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 PM

Congrats! Please let us know your impressions.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 AM

Hi Rod; I am replacing the Sasha's with the Alexia's in the 2Ch room... I'll have to find a picture (or take one) of the B&W HT room and post it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Chuck, I see your gear signature, are you putting together another system or are the Alexia's replacing speakers in one of your current systems, possibly the 2 channel one thus replacing the Sasha's?

I see you have a really nice B&W HT setup, I'm a 802 Diamond and HTM2 Diamond owner myself, I really like that you are using 802's for surrounds, do you have any pictures of that setup posted here on the forums, I would really like to see a room with the 3 big guys up front and the 802's as surrounds. I have only ever come across two other people running a setup with 802's as surrounds, it doesn't happen very often.

Sorry for the B&W questions in a Wilson thread, back to the regularly scheduled discussion of the new Alexia's

2CH: D’Agostino Momentum's, Audio Research REF40, Wilson Alexia's, SME 30/2, ARC REF2 SE, Meridian 808V5, Transparent REF XL

HT: B&W 800Ds, HTM1D, B&W 802N, (2) Mc 601's MC 303, (2) JL F113s, Meridian 861V8, Sony VPL-VW500ES 4K projector, 120" Stewart SST 130, Oppo 93, 65 inch Panasonic.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Pics the same day! Thanks.
Looking forward to them