AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2012, 01:04 AM

Jax4736 - welcome to the Wilson fold! Your speakers will bring you years of enjoyment, as they have many others here.

I would not be too concerned with what Doug Schneider has to say regarding Wilsons.

I'm not sure how long you have been in the hobby, but as you start to read reviews and buy gear you will notice that your tastes align more so with some reviewers than others. I'm an ARC/Wilson guy and over the years I have found my tastes more in common with reviewers such as Ken Kessler, Martin Colloms, Roy Gregory and Marc Mickelson (to name a few) and less so like reviewers such as Mr. Schneider. I am much more likely to take the opinions of these particular reviewers with more than a grain of salt as I have found over the years that their opinions align better with the satisfaction I have gained with my auditions and purchases. I'm sure there are others here where the same holds true for them with particular reviewers. I have also learned that there are other reviewers whose opinions I will quickly discount from these same experiences. Unfortunately these lessons are learned from time and experience, but you should be able to get off to a quick start by finding reviewers that have reviewed the gear in your system well and look for commonalities.

Nonetheless, sit back and enjoy your Sophias. They are amazing speakers and while they might not be Doug's cup of tea, you have chosen wisely and, I hope, made the decision with your own ears and tastes.
Wilson Sophia 2's, Devialet D-Premier, Transparent Ultra ICs & SCs, Transparent Reference power products, Oppo BDP-103, Clearaudio Ovation TT & Benz Ace SM, Finite Elemente Pagode stands, ASC Tube Traps & Sound Panels