AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc

MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc Ultra High End Equipment

Old 05-12-2014, 03:50 PM

Default Aesthetix Pandora Signature ?

Anyone running that yet ? Sending mine in soon !
The vintage RCA and Amperex tubes have improved the sound a bit, although when cold the Amperex sound terrible...
Old 08-09-2015, 03:13 AM

About 1K hours on SIG upgrade...and it takes a while to breakin those big caps....i would say worthwhile change..hard to tell what differences FPGA, analog or HRS feet make to changes but overall a more musical and slightly more detailed presentation. I have yet to test the DSD capability....I see there is a further CAP upgrade that takes this to Eclipse level...anybody running that ?
Old 08-10-2015, 08:25 PM

I had the Signature and went to the Eclipse. This is even a bigger change as the sound is much more organic like analog and also clear as an open window. This is a must do. The sound of the dac is also better on a star ground platform instead of the HRS feet. I'm using Ocellia digital coax cable with a PS Audio transport. I am also computer connected with USB. The only dac that may be better than this is the MSB stack and then I'm not sure. I sure would never pay that kind of money for digital. I can also tell you what tubes transform the dac if interested.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:04 PM

Default Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I had the Signature and went to the Eclipse. This is even a bigger change as the sound is much more organic like analog and also clear as an open window. This is a must do. The sound of the dac is also better on a star ground platform instead of the HRS feet. I'm using Ocellia digital coax cable with a PS Audio transport. I am also computer connected with USB. The only dac that may be better than this is the MSB stack and then I'm not sure. I sure would never pay that kind of money for digital. I can also tell you what tubes transform the dac if interested.
Yes by all means. i spoke to Glen at Aesthetix and he connected me w Andy at Vintage Tube services. Running a NOS RCA 7058 with super precision match on his test equip. ditto for the Amperex ECC88.

Pls include your source. i believe that is of equal importance to tube and type.

Excited to hear you love the Eclipse and find it superior. Will have to arrange To hear that.

JD
Old 08-12-2015, 06:07 AM

I ordered my tubes from Brent Jesse in Illinois. 12ax7 Amperex Holland Bugleboy and 6922 Amperex USA made white label tube. Holland did not make a 6922. Before this I was using Mullard 10M gold pin tubes from England in both places. It depends on the rest of your system. Mullards bring a warm glow if your system is on the lean side. The Amperex is more neutral.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:09 AM

JD I don't know how your are going to hear the Eclipse as he only made these by special order. To me the Eclipse made more of a difference than going to the Signature.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
JD I don't know how your are going to hear the Eclipse as he only made these by special order. To me the Eclipse made more of a difference than going to the Signature.
....dunno..may have to get creative. I know 2 Aesthetix dealers VERY well that also carry Vandersteen, trust judgements...motivating to hear that you hear a bigger difference tho !...may have to take a leap of faith.