AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 03-05-2021, 11:27 AM

What to do, what to do....

Hmmm, does capitalism need some Marxism to survive the Fourth Industrial Revolution?

According to the World Economic Forum and Professor Klaus Schwab it does...

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/...al-revolution/

This is a recurring theme for the World Economic Forum, whose founder Professor Klaus Schwab made the term the title of his new book about the future of capitalism. Schwab believes that, unmanaged, the Fourth Industrial Revolution has the potential to decimate global employment levels through productivity advances inspired by breakthroughs in robotics. Unlike the previous three industrial revolutions – which the professor lists as the transport and mechanical production revolution of the late 18th century; the mass production revolution of the late 19th century; and the computer revolution of the 1960s – Schwab endows the fourth wave of creative disruption with the potential of seeing off mass employment altogether.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:25 PM

The Era of Genetically Modified Superhumans

The late 21st century belongs to Superhumans. Technological progress in the field of medicine through gene editing tools like CRISPR is going to revolutionize what it means to be human. The age of Superhumans is portrayed in many science fiction movies, but for the first time in our species history, radically altering our genome is going to be possible through the methods and tools of science.

https://youtu.be/klo-rSlsju8
Old 08-20-2021, 10:30 AM

At Tesla AI Day, Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveils the Tesla Bot. The humanoid robot is designed to perform general robotic tasks for humans. Translation...."replacement for the lazy and disobedient human worker".... I like the two-tone paint job on that thing, very clever....

https://youtu.be/HUP6Z5voiS8

Last edited by PHC1; 08-20-2021 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:37 AM

At its AI Day, Tesla unveiled its Dojo supercomputer technology while flexing its growing in-house chip design talent.

The automaker claims to have developed the fastest AI training machine in the world.

For years now, Tesla has been teasing the development of a new supercomputer in-house optimized for neural net video training.

"Tesla is handling an insane amount of video data from its fleet of over 1 million vehicles, which it uses to train its neural nets.

The automaker found itself unsatisfied with current hardware options to train its computer vision neural nets and believed it could do better internally.

Over the last two years, CEO Elon Musk has been teasing the development of Tesla’s own supercomputer called “Dojo.”

Last year, he even teased that Tesla’s Dojo would have a capacity of over an exaflop, which is one quintillion (1018) floating-point operations per second, or 1,000 petaFLOPS.

It could potentially makes Dojo the new most powerful supercomputer in the world."

https://electrek.co/2021/08/20/tesla...ining-machine/

Last edited by PHC1; 08-20-2021 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-20-2021, 07:55 PM

I'd suggest a preemptive Butlerian Jihad to eradicate the Thinking Machines before we get too far down the curve.

For my Dune fan brethren out there...

Science fiction writing is known to have a very high hit rate viz accuracy of foreshadowing so I'm all for skipping a few painful centuries...

:-)
Old 08-21-2021, 03:49 AM

Default Will A.I. Put Lawyers Out of Business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
I'd suggest a preemptive Butlerian Jihad to eradicate the Thinking Machines before we get too far down the curve.

Science fiction writing is known to have a very high hit rate viz accuracy of foreshadowing so I'm all for skipping a few painful centuries...

The spice must flow…..oops, that’s a few thousand years later AG

Last edited by JemHadar; 08-21-2021 at 03:58 AM.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemHadar View Post
The spice must flow…..oops, that’s a few thousand years later AG
[emoji106]

The music must flow...

And that is today [emoji2]
Old 08-21-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:

This is about the time when we should see the future sending people back to save humanity from the rise of the machines... Well, there is that whole "grandfather paradox thing" so chances are, we will have to live this out the way it is unfolding. I am afraid no one is coming to save us.

In another parallel universe, the rise of the machine never happens as people are completely satisfied to live their days out as farmers, hunters, fishermen and no one needs or wants the concrete jungles, skyscrapers and a new iPhone every fall.
Old 08-21-2021, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post

This is about the time when we should see the future sending people back to save humanity from the rise of the machines... Well, there is that whole "grandfather paradox thing" so chances are, we will have to live this out the way it is unfolding. I am afraid no one is coming to save us.

In another parallel universe, the rise of the machine never happens as people are completely satisfied to live their days out as farmers, hunters, fishermen and no one needs or wants the concrete jungles, skyscrapers and a new iPhone every fall.
Sounds like a nice place but they better have audio [emoji2]

And yes,..they aren't going to come back to save us from Rise of the Thinking Machines and worse yet, Rise of the Pronouns [emoji1787]
Old 08-21-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a nice place but they better have audio [emoji2]

And yes,..they aren't going to come back to save us from Rise of the Thinking Machines and worse yet, Rise of the Pronouns [emoji1787]
Tell me about it. I've looked and I can't be bothered. Let those who it concerns figure it out and use them.