AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 05-03-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Terry.......I know it's one's and zero's, but there seems to be a lot more to it than that. It is clearly evident that the quality, mineral composition, and construction of the condutors and insulators plays into the end result in a huge way.
When it comes to audio & video, the accuracy of reconstitution is more critical. Noise & distance are the enemies of 1s & 0s. The error correction provides for interpolation, more often than not what was transmitted was not exactly what was received.

Last edited by MyPal; 05-03-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:10 AM
♫ Now playing... ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post
When it comes to audio & video, the accuracy of reconstitution is more critical. Noise & distance are the enemies of 1s & 0s. The error correction provides for interpolation, more often than not what was transmitted was not exactly what was received.
Steve... If you were familiar with some of the code I've written over the past 30 years, you would agree that noise and distance are not their only enemy.
McIntosh MX150, C2300, MC601 (5), MC207, MCD12000, MR88, MPC1500, LB100, MCLK12. Anthem AVM 90. Lumin U1. Bluesound Node. Oppo 205. Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, CWM8.3D, CCM7.5 S2. SVS SB16-Ultra (4). Shunyata. Wireworld. Transparent. GIK.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Terry.......I have great respect for your code writing skills. Trying to wrap my pea brain around what you do just makes me dizzy. It's a lot easier to let my ears determine if I am on the right path or not. All I know is my music is sounding much better using the Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable. How and why it happens I don't have a clue, but my ears sure can tell the improvement.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 05-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Here I am again this morning enjoying the amazing clarity of the Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable and my Esoteric K-03. Recently I downloaded Emily Bear - Diversity from HDTracks in 24Bit/96kHz. This eleven year old pianist is a true prodigy. Her talant is impeccable and her musical compositions are exciting and engaging. I am completely thrilled with the sound of this high-res recording. Playing it through the JRiver Media Center 18 software, bit perfect to the Esoteric's USB HS2 setting, has Emily's piano in my living room. Once again the Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable and all of the electronics have simply stepped out of the way to allow the music to blossom in its entirety. Simply amazing.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 05-17-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Dan...Great to hear. Are you experiencing any notable break/burn in changes over time or is it still too early? Or do of feel it has settled?

To be honest compared to Furutech N1-4, I was a little underwhelmed with the initial audio bolt through the Platinum HDMI. However, I can hear it beginning to develop some more depth after 5 hours. Somewhat surprised by the degree given that it is a digital cable after all. I'm thinking that the Platinum USB is going to exhibit similar characteristics when I first start using it....

Last edited by MyPal; 05-17-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post
Dan...Great to hear. Are you experiencing any notable break/burn in changes over time or is it still too early? Or do of feel it has settled?

To be honest compared to Furutech N1-4, I was a little underwhelmed with the initial bolt through the Platinum HDMI. However, I can hear it beginning to develop some more depth after 5 hours. A little surprised by the degree given that it is a digital cable after all. I'm thinking that the Platinum USB is going to exhibit similar characteristics when I first start using it....
Steve.......I have just over 100 hours on the WW Platinum USB cable. Since I spent only about an hour listening to the cable when it first arrived I don't have a strong memory of how it sounded right out of the box. I left it playing a high-res download on repeat about 70 hours before doing the audition for my A/B comparison and review of the Platinum to the Silver Starlight USB cables, so I really didn't go through listening to the USB cable break-in. In the 30+ hours of use since writing the review I have not noticed any sonic shift in its performance. It is a totally invisible cable as far as the music is concerned, at least to my ears. When listening to high-res downloads it's like hearing the master tape in a control room, just pure crystal clear music.

I have made several A/B comparisons of the Platinum USB cable against the Silver Starlight USB cable since I wrote the review and each time I prefer the transparency of the Platinum cable. That's not to say the Silver Starlight USB cable is a slouch because it isn't. I am getting tremendous performance from the Silver Starlight cable, too. Once the Esoteric K-03 in the studio has completed the break-in I will move the Platinum USB cable to that player and leave the Silver Starlight USB cable connected to the K-03 in the living room system. I'm not tossing the WW Silver Starlight USB cable to the curb. I like it, too.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Steve.......I have just over 100 hours on the WW Platinum USB cable. Since I spent only about an hour listening to the cable when it first arrived I don't have a strong memory of how it sounded right out of the box. I left it playing a high-res download on repeat about 70 hours before doing the audition for my A/B comparison and review of the Platinum to the Silver Starlight USB cables, so I really didn't go through listening to the USB cable break-in. In the 30+ hours of use since writing the review I have not noticed any sonic shift in its performance. It is a totally invisible cable as far as the music is concerned, at least to my ears. When listening to high-res downloads it's like hearing the master tape in a control room, just pure crystal clear music.

I have made several A/B comparisons of the Platinum USB cable against the Silver Starlight USB cable since I wrote the review and each time I prefer the transparency of the Platinum cable. That's not to say the Silver Starlight USB cable is a slouch because it isn't. I am getting tremendous performance from the Silver Starlight cable, too. Once the Esoteric K-03 in the studio has completed the break-in I will move the Platinum USB cable to that player and leave the Silver Starlight USB cable connected to the K-03 in the living room system. I'm not tossing the WW Silver Starlight USB cable to the curb. I like it, too.
Cheers... Shall comment again in a week's time, 30+ hours or so on the HDMI thread.

Last edited by MyPal; 05-17-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:12 PM

Dan:

I found this thread as part of the new sticky series you posted. Glad to hear that the WW Platinum USB is working out for you. I received my Silenzio last week and I'm currently using a Radio Shack USB cable, with a .5M WW Platinum on the way. Should be here Monday...Can't wait to start the break-in process and enjoy the show!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 12-14-2014, 09:34 PM
♫ Now playing... ♫

Steve,

Congratulations on the WW Platinum USB cable. It's the real deal. Let us know how you like it.
McIntosh MX150, C2300, MC601 (5), MC207, MCD12000, MR88, MPC1500, LB100, MCLK12. Anthem AVM 90. Lumin U1. Bluesound Node. Oppo 205. Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, CWM8.3D, CCM7.5 S2. SVS SB16-Ultra (4). Shunyata. Wireworld. Transparent. GIK.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post
Dan: I found this thread as part of the new sticky series you posted. Glad to hear that the WW Platinum USB is working out for you. I received my Silenzio last week and I'm currently using a Radio Shack USB cable, with a .5M WW Platinum on the way. Should be here Monday...Can't wait to start the break-in process and enjoy the show!
Steve.......Good to hear you enjoyed this thread. I'm glad you found it.

I originally went from listening to digital files with a $15.00 Belkin USB cable I previously used with a printer, then to the Wireworld Silver Starlight USB cable. That was a substantial improvement in both sound quality and connectivity. I was experiencing periodic signal drop with the Belkin cable that was completely solved with the Silver Starlight USB cable. Then came the Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable. Like Terry said, it's the real deal.