AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 12-07-2012, 06:47 PM

Default What am I looking for ?

Sometimes, I really wonder what am I looking for.
Tonight my mother sleeps in the sofa in the main listening room.
Wife was in a bad mood and kept bashing me all day long. She is sleeping now so I can have some rest D !
So I'm left in the secondary system listening to the Rega P9 / Exact cartridge, through the ARC REFERENCE PHONO 2 preamp, the Shindo Apetite integrated and the PMC EB1i, at low volume so all the sleepers of the home can sleep.
And I'm getting the sound I love above all: finesse, delicacy, richness of tones and colors. Speed and Rythm. Transparency. Connection to the live event. And all this at low volume.
Honestly, nothing is missing TO ME.
So, thinking again about buying a Verdier TT or the Shindo 301, I can't refrain from asking myself : why can't I enjoy what I have ?
I know that the P9 does not give a perfect sound. But really, it gives a delicious sound. Ultra musical. And I'm thinking about Alberto and his old Thorens and Clearaudio Maestro cart. Not perfect for sure. But enough for his ears and musical bliss.m
For sure, I do not need an other TT. I do not need an other cart.
Shindo amplification makes me focus on the Music like never before, in this second system, and in my main system.
All I need is to listen to music.
All I need is to listen to music....
All I need....

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 12-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Music Lover!

I think you could do alot better than the Exact cart on the P9.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch
I think you could do alot better than the Exact cart on the P9.
I know.
Please reread my post.
This sound is far from being perfect.
But my Shindo amp makes it wonderful, delicious, and really I cannot dream of something "better".

Old 12-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Mac + Ayre + Vivid + Stax

Jerôme, your signature says it all: There is no End to High End....

The thing is that we get as passioned for gear as we were / are with music. The thrill of seeking and getting a new component...
ACDC - Back in Black. Adele - 19. Bryan Adams - Bare Bones. Diana Krall - Live in Paris; When I Look in Your Eyes. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms. Don Williams - Borrowed Tales. FleetwoodMac - Tango in the Night. Frank Sinatra - At the Sands. Genesis - A Trick of the Tail. Gipsy Kings - Love Songs. Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark. Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert. Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear. Marta Gómez - Entre Cada Palabra. Metallica - Metallica. Michael Jackson - Thriller. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed. Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder; Wish You Were Here. Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Live in Japan. U2 - Rattle and Hum.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:03 PM

I can't believe how good it can get. While hard to justify, i think how an on demand private concert by young Bob Dylan would, indeed if possible, have cost so much more...

Last edited by Freestone; 12-07-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal
Jerôme, your signature says it all: There is no End to High End....

The thing is that we get as passioned for gear as we were / are with music. The thrill of seeking and getting a new component...
Agreed. The passion for the hunt explains a lot Pedro.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jérôme W View Post
Sometimes, I really wonder what am I looking for.
Tonight my mother sleeps in the sofa in the main listening room.
Wife was in a bad mood and kept bashing me all day long. She is sleeping now so I can have some rest D !
So I'm left in the secondary system listening to the Rega P9 / Exact cartridge, through the ARC REFERENCE PHONO 2 preamp, the Shindo Apetite integrated and the PMC EB1i, at low volume so all the sleepers of the home can sleep.
And I'm getting the sound I love above all: finesse, delicacy, richness of tones and colors. Speed and Rythm. Transparency. Connection to the live event. And all this at low volume.
Honestly, nothing is missing TO ME.
So, thinking again about buying a Verdier TT or the Shindo 301, I can't refrain from asking myself : why can't I enjoy what I have ?
I know that the P9 does not give a perfect sound. But really, it gives a delicious sound. Ultra musical. And I'm thinking about Alberto and his old Thorens and Clearaudio Maestro cart. Not perfect for sure. But enough for his ears and musical bliss.m
For sure, I do not need an other TT. I do not need an other cart.
Shindo amplification makes me focus on the Music like never before, in this second system, and in my main system.
All I need is to listen to music.
All I need is to listen to music....
All I need....

---- You just said it above; what you're looking for is harmony with your wife Jerome. That's all!
Then the rest'll come all by itself.

Last edited by LordoftheRingsEE; 12-07-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 PM

Jérôme.... Perhaps it's time for a Clearaudio Goldfinger. I can promise that you won't look back. If I ever had to replace mine, honestIy, I would buy a Statement in a heart beat.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:47 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Jerome, each time we sit down to listen to our rigs we do so for a different reason or mix of reasons. Sometimes what we hear speaks to that reason and we "love" our setup, but when we do not we wonder what is "wrong" with it. Of course, the rig is fine and it is our own variable nature causing the different reactions. But that is perfectly ok! We just have to be introspective enough to see what is really going on. I see one great amp after another for sale here and think I have to have it. But reflection and a little self-honesty tells me I really do not. On the other hand, the case for some more vibration control is pretty good.

Last edited by chessman; 12-08-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:13 AM

Jerome,

Your honesty describes the malediction that infects many of us.

I had it to the the point I put all my gear in storage and stopped listening seriously to music for about 5 years. (I was still collecting jazz lps, however.)

Then I felt the tug to get back to it, but without the obsessiveness with upgrading, etc. Shindo, I thought, was the answer. Well, it was until I realized I could upgrade through his ranks for quite awhile. Maybe the Petrus and the full sized Latour still beckon, but I've been able to keep my focus on the music, which is not hard given the clear and truthful window I have on it.

So I scratch the itch by trying tweaks (most of which don't have a positive impact) but mainly exploring new music--the record collection I've put together over the last 15 years.

But the gear was key to my inspiration, just as a new camera (usually one of the funkier designs) will inspire new photos. But it sounds like your gear still inspires you....There's lots more to hear than your gear....