AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Boulder Electronics

Boulder Electronics Transparent, Accurate, Fast, Rugged, and Reliable

Old 08-11-2013, 03:32 PM

Great looking gear! Look forward to hearing it or some of it at RMAF.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:26 PM

More photos:

Old 08-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVAUDIO View Post
I am willing to bet that this is not the end of the progress from Boulder regarding preamplifiers. I am anxious to learn if the increase in performance from the 2010 preamp to the 2110 preamp will be as substantial as what the increase is from the 2050 to the 3050 is reported to be.....even if the 2110 is substantially better than the 2010, I bet someday we will see a 3010 preamp as well......just my $.02!!!

Cheers,
Hi ILA, I was referring only to the 2100 series, not to the 3000 series. Regarding the 2110 preamp, I would not expect the increase in performance to be as great as from the 2050 to 3050 mono blocks. The 3050 mono's are from a different series and entirely different price point. However the difference should be substantial based on feedback i've received from Boulder.

In regard to a future 3000 series preamp, I asked Rich about this and his response was "It's hard to imagine how much further we could take the new 2110 preamp to make it a 3000 Series piece". Maybe one day?

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 08-12-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
I asked Rich about this and his response was "It's hard to imagine how much further we could take the new 2110 preamp to make it a 3000 Series piece". Maybe one day?
HAHAHA, I can also remember Rich saying (years ago during an open house at an audio store back in Austin) that there would never be a 3000 Series as they thought they could never improve on the existing 2000 Series! Boulder is very good at keeping quiet about what they do (of which I approve and support 100%) and I will continue to bet that they WILL find a way to improve upon what they have accomplished with the 2110. In 2014?? early 2015??

I cannot imagine that Boulder would someday not offer a complete 3000 Series for their ultra high end customers (3010, 3020,3008, etc)...

Either way, these must be very exciting days at Boulder: all this new wonderful gear, a new factory under construction in Louisville, a full order book with a decent wait list (!!!!) for 3050/3060's.....and, I am beyond excited to hear the new gear in Denver this year at RMAF!!

Cheers,
Old 08-12-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEE View Post
More photos:

Aiiiyyeeeee, more images!!! But, what about sound?? I did find a YouTube video that was WAY too short , but there was a brief segment showing that horrendously crowded room with the Boulder/Wilson gear.....oh well, RMAF is getting closer and closer!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:42 AM

I am fortunate that the 2000 Series Boulder gear is so darn expensive. Based on what I heard in the past plus with the new design it is the only gear that I would even consider as an alternative to my D'Agostino.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
I am fortunate that the 2000 Series Boulder gear is so darn expensive. Based on what I heard in the past plus with the new design it is the only gear that I would even consider as an alternative to my D'Agostino.
Jim.......Better hold off on the D'Agostino preamp.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 08-12-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jim.......Better hold off on the D'Agostino preamp.

Dan
I am very happy with my amps and I will continue to save for Dan's pre-amp.

The one issue I have with the Boulder gear is its size. This is the same reason I didn't go for MBL gear. Both companies products would take up too much space in my 2-channel room.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
The one issue I have with the Boulder gear is its size. This is the same reason I didn't go for MBL gear. Both companies products would take up too much space in my 2-channel room.
I assume you are talking about the amps only?? Just curious!!!

Cheers,
Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVAUDIO View Post
I assume you are talking about the amps only?? Just curious!!!

Cheers,
You are correct. The pre-amp does not appear to be overly large at all. Now if someone was to add the phono stage now space is starting to accumulate. The 2050's are about 27 inches deep and that does not include the space required for any stiff connectors.