AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > TAD Speakers & Electronics

TAD Speakers & Electronics Technical Audio Devices Laboratories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Pau Pau is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 273
Default These albums are mixed on Tad speakers!

I did not know that there was a label actually using TADs as reference when mixing and mastering but it seems that this label does.
These albums were mixed on TAD CE 1.

Quote:
Speakers: TAD Evolution
Mixing headphones: Sennheiser HD800 / AKG 702

All power cables, interlinks and power conditioners by AudioQuest.
source; https://www.soundliaison.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2018, 03:16 PM
GerardJ's Avatar
GerardJ GerardJ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Posts: 59
Default

Actually they are mixed with the Evolution One. See picture and the site:
https://www.rhapsodyanalogrecordings.com/gallery/
They made extraordinary good pure analog recordings. Very interesting!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rhapsody Analog Recordings.jpg (22.0 KB, 121 views)
__________________
Mark Levinson 37, Bryston BDP-2, Meitner MA-1 v2, Constellation Inspiration Preamp1 & Stereo1, TAD Evolution One
WW Silver Eclipse 7 SC & Platinum Eclipse 7 IC XLR(2x), NBS Prof.Digital XLR, WW Platinum Eclipse 7 USB, Shunyata Sigma Analog(2x) and Alpha HC&Digital, NBS Mon-I, Vibex Granada, 2 dedicated powerlines
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-12-2018, 04:04 PM
Pau Pau is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 273
Default

Yes indeed, you are right.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Weirdcuba's Avatar
Weirdcuba Weirdcuba is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,114
Default

Maybe that’s why their stuff sounds so fantastic on my TADs.
__________________
Main Rig: (waiting on room to be built)

Amplification > Accuphase A200 (2) / C3800 / C37 (long term)
Sources
> LampiZator Pacific DAC
> DirectStream Memory Player
> LampiZator SuperKomputer (via Roon/NAS)
> Magnum-Dynalab > MD-108T SE / MD-205
> ClearAudio / Innovation / Universal > Lyra / Kleos (except no turntable during renovation)
Speakers/Cables > TAD R-1 MKII > Verastarr Grand Illusion Statement Copper (1), Gold (1) // REL 212 SEs (2x)
Power > Accuphase PS 1230 (2) / 3 dedicated lines with PowerPorts
Foundation > Rix Rax > Hoodoo / Amp Stands > Stillpoints under as much as my bank account can then accommodate
IC/PC > Power // Verastarr Grand Illusion Statement HC, Grand Illusion Statement > ICs // Verastarr Grand Illusion Signature XLR > Digital // Verastarr Nemesis USB
Other > Audio Desk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner Pro

Rental (while the room is being built): Accuphase E650 replaces the C3800 and A200s. All of the other stuff above that's usable, except the turntable stuff. Using TAD CR-1s, rather than the R-1s.

Portables and Cans:

Cans > Sennheiser 800
IEMs > Westone W50, Bose QC20
Amplification > Auralic Taurus
Sources > Auralic Altair, Onkyo DP-X1
IC/SC/PC > Sennheiser Balanced / AQ Yukon XLRs / Shunyata Venom 3 (2) / Black Dragon Balanced


Kitchen:

KEF LS50 Wireless
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2018, 06:13 AM
Pau Pau is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau View Post
I did not know that there was a label actually using TADs as reference when mixing and mastering but it seems that this label does.
These albums were mixed on TAD CE 1.


source; https://www.soundliaison.com/
For those who might be interested, the Carmen Gomes album is available in Red Book CD via https://carmengomes.bandcamp.com/

I bought a bunch, for my self and as gifts for my CD playing friends.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-15-2018, 02:09 PM
PHC1's Avatar
PHC1 PHC1 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 20,016
Default

They are well “recoded” albums, mixing on TAD doesn’t make them any better. It’s still up to the engineer’s taste no matter what speakers. Squeezing a lemon with a diamond encrusted lemon juicer does not make the lemonade any better.

Last edited by PHC1; 10-15-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Pau Pau is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
They are well “recoded” albums, mixing on TAD doesn’t make them any better. It’s still up to the engineer’s taste no matter what speakers. Squeezing a lemon with a diamond encrusted lemon juicer does not make the lemonade any better.
Does help them sounding good on a pair of Tad's though...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-26-2020, 04:00 PM
Pau Pau is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 273
Default




Seems to me that all the DXD albums are mixed on the TAD's.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-26-2020, 09:03 PM
Weirdcuba's Avatar
Weirdcuba Weirdcuba is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,114
Default

I agree with PHC1 that it doesn’t make them sound any better on TADs, but it sure does make them fun to listen to on TADs.

Irrespective of one’s brand of speakers, you owe it to yourself to listen to these recordings. Just stunning, stunning stuff. Every time I go to Europe (which used to be about three times a year, at least), I contact this label to see if I can be at a live recording of one of these albums. No luck thus far.
__________________
Main Rig: (waiting on room to be built)

Amplification > Accuphase A200 (2) / C3800 / C37 (long term)
Sources
> LampiZator Pacific DAC
> DirectStream Memory Player
> LampiZator SuperKomputer (via Roon/NAS)
> Magnum-Dynalab > MD-108T SE / MD-205
> ClearAudio / Innovation / Universal > Lyra / Kleos (except no turntable during renovation)
Speakers/Cables > TAD R-1 MKII > Verastarr Grand Illusion Statement Copper (1), Gold (1) // REL 212 SEs (2x)
Power > Accuphase PS 1230 (2) / 3 dedicated lines with PowerPorts
Foundation > Rix Rax > Hoodoo / Amp Stands > Stillpoints under as much as my bank account can then accommodate
IC/PC > Power // Verastarr Grand Illusion Statement HC, Grand Illusion Statement > ICs // Verastarr Grand Illusion Signature XLR > Digital // Verastarr Nemesis USB
Other > Audio Desk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner Pro

Rental (while the room is being built): Accuphase E650 replaces the C3800 and A200s. All of the other stuff above that's usable, except the turntable stuff. Using TAD CR-1s, rather than the R-1s.

Portables and Cans:

Cans > Sennheiser 800
IEMs > Westone W50, Bose QC20
Amplification > Auralic Taurus
Sources > Auralic Altair, Onkyo DP-X1
IC/SC/PC > Sennheiser Balanced / AQ Yukon XLRs / Shunyata Venom 3 (2) / Black Dragon Balanced


Kitchen:

KEF LS50 Wireless
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-12-2020, 08:09 AM
Pau Pau is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 273
Default

If anyone here prefers old fashioned Compact Disc's then Carmen Gomes is selling CD versions of her Sound Liaison albums on her BandCamp site; https://carmengomes.bandcamp.com/

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Add Powr
Add Powr
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase