AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 PM

I am currently mixing Furutech & Siltech with great success. Predominantly, Siltech will be used more on 2 ch side with the Furutech on the multi channels.

The aim is to get Siltech wire running discretely through the entire 2ch loom.

Although I must say that I am extremely happy with the performance of the Futurech Silver Arrows Phono cable. It's a winner.

As for the Magico M-rack, I do love the look of it.

Last edited by MyPal; 01-10-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 AM

it weights >250kg of machined aluminium, and multi-layer damping system with different metals. I doubt it will cost less than 20-25k given the material and manufacturing time involved.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:59 AM

I really like this rack. It's one of the coolest ones I've seen In a while. Very simple and modern with an openness that allows you to see more of the gear. Ha, that last sentence sounded like I was reviewing a speaker or cable.
Would look really good with some black glass from Mcintosh in there. Wonder if you can get Magicos custom colors?
Oh we'll, I probably won't be able to afford one anyway.
C2300 (Telefunkin Smooth plates); MC275 (Shuguang Treasure KT88 & Psvane signal); Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M; JL F112; Clearaudio Concept MC; Oppo BDP-93; Squeezebox Touch; Music Hall dac23.5 (Burson Op amps, Mundorf & Multicaps, Vampire RCA jacks, Amperex White label 6922); Wireworld Silver Electra PC's, IC's, & SC's; HiFi Tuning
Old 01-11-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhizzle View Post
I really like this rack. It's one of the coolest ones I've seen In a while. Very simple and modern with an openness that allows you to see more of the gear. Ha, that last sentence sounded like I was reviewing a speaker or cable.
Would look really good with some black glass from Mcintosh in there. Wonder if you can get Magicos custom colors?
Oh we'll, I probably won't be able to afford one anyway.
I think they copied TAOC

Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post

I think they copied TAOC
Yeah, very close. The TAOC is probably a little cheaper too.
C2300 (Telefunkin Smooth plates); MC275 (Shuguang Treasure KT88 & Psvane signal); Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M; JL F112; Clearaudio Concept MC; Oppo BDP-93; Squeezebox Touch; Music Hall dac23.5 (Burson Op amps, Mundorf & Multicaps, Vampire RCA jacks, Amperex White label 6922); Wireworld Silver Electra PC's, IC's, & SC's; HiFi Tuning
Old 01-14-2013, 02:49 PM

"Magico's MRack ($30,000–$50,000, depending upon configuration) absorbs and dissipates energy with the same constrained-layer damping mechanism employed in the Magico QPod equipment supports that Michael Fremer raved about in his June 2012 "Analog Corner" column, and that I use under my transport and DAC. Constructed of 500 lbs of aluminum, copper, and damping compound, the MRack is a byproduct of the R&D Magico put it into their Q series of loudspeakers. "Think of the MRack as a giant QPod," says Magico's Alon Wolf."
Old 01-14-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcc View Post

"Magico's MRack ($30,000–$50,000, depending upon configuration) absorbs and dissipates energy with the same constrained-layer damping mechanism employed in the Magico QPod equipment supports that Michael Fremer raved about in his June 2012 "Analog Corner" column, and that I use under my transport and DAC. Constructed of 500 lbs of aluminum, copper, and damping compound, the MRack is a byproduct of the R&D Magico put it into their Q series of loudspeakers. "Think of the MRack as a giant QPod," says Magico's Alon Wolf."
Have we now officially reached a new level of insanity? $50,000 for a rack? How much jumping around and vibrating is gear doing that we need this?
Old 01-14-2013, 03:25 PM

Looks like most will require two racks for all their stereo gear, and then another one or two racks for the multichannel/HT gear.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcc View Post

I saw this in Stereophile's CES coverage. It's absolutely ridiculous There is the high-end and then there is the stupid-end. I think this clearly wades in the latter.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
I saw this in Stereophile's CES coverage. It's absolutely ridiculous There is the high-end and then there is the stupid-end. I think this clearly wades in the latter.
Totally agree this Magico BS is absurd.

D