AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > PMC Speakers

PMC Speakers UK's Finest

Old 11-08-2017, 09:07 PM

Arrow Great PMC fact 12 review!

These speakers could be the sweet-spot in PMC line!

http://av2day.com/2015/05/pmc-fact-12-loudspeakers/
Old 11-08-2017, 10:00 PM

I had Fact 8's for between a year or two and I learned what "speakers disappearing" really means.

I would put on the Cars "Candy-O" MFSL gold disc and be mesmerized by the pinpoint positions that sounds appeared in my room. In no way did it seem like music came from the slim towers that were in front of me.

Nevertheless, the lack of a bass foundation made them fatiguing while listening. But the clarity and neutrality set a benchmark for me, at the time. It was the best I'd ever heard.

I'd love to hear how improved bass and midrange weight add to the attributes I remember about the Fact 8.

Beautiful finish on the speakers, as well.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 11-18-2017, 12:35 PM

I owned the fact 8s for about a year. Loved the clarity and detail and especially the transparency. Prior to the fact 8s I had b&w 803s. The fact 8s are faster and have more detail.
But I do agree that the fact 8s lacked the low end. I got a pair of fact 12s 6 months ago. They definitely can go low... They are a bit more laid back, especially in the mid range. More natural. The mids are more forward and more pronounced with the fact 8s, possibly due to less low end.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tie_breaker View Post
I owned the fact 8s for about a year. Loved the clarity and detail and especially the transparency. Prior to the fact 8s I had b&w 803s. The fact 8s are faster and have more detail.
But I do agree that the fact 8s lacked the low end. I got a pair of fact 12s 6 months ago. They definitely can go low... They are a bit more laid back, especially in the mid range. More natural. The mids are more forward and more pronounced with the fact 8s, possibly due to less low end.
Own the 12s now and had the 8s previously. I agree with tie_breaker. His description matches my experience as well. The 8s are more forward due primarily IMO to the richer low end the 12s provide. I could be happy with either although I also found the 8s to be bass light. About the only bass light speaker I've ever found to still be a joy to listen to. The 8s are so clean, open and lifelike that you forgive them for their lack of bass presence. Don't get me wrong though, they have decent bass, just not the deep bass you can feel. The 12s do. I've never heard any speaker image and disappear like the PMC fact 8s.