AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Events & Demos

Events & Demos Manufacturer & Dealer Sponsored Events

Old 10-09-2016, 04:16 PM

Marc, thank you so much! It has been fun looking at the pics
Old 10-09-2016, 11:19 PM

Here are my quick thoughts after returning from this years show.

I don't have a number one speaker/amp combo but would group these as my favorites:
Magico M3/ Soulution
Naim Statement/Focal Stella Utopia
Rockport/Boulder
Vandersteen 7/M7 HPA Vandersteen Amps

I wish the MSB Select DAC playing MQA files could have been set-up in a larger room like those I noted above. The room sounded very good and could have been great had it not been so room constrained.

Comments:
I noticed that there were more women attending this year with their male companions. I also noticed that the age of attendees continues to increase which is very frightening for this hobby. (Maybe the younger crowd were all in the Can-Jam tents/pods)

When the renovation of the Marriott is complete I would suggest they keep all of the listening rooms in the one tower assuming there is a sufficient number of large rooms.

Too many major manufactures were missing. I hope they return in the future.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Here are my quick thoughts after returning from this years show.

I don't have a number one speaker/amp combo but would group these as my favorites:
Magico M3/ Soulution
Naim Statement/Focal Stella Utopia
Rockport/Boulder
Vandersteen 7/M7 HPA Vandersteen Amps

I wish the MSB Select DAC playing MQA files could have been set-up in a larger room like those I noted above. The room sounded very good and could have been great had it not been so room constrained.

Comments:
I noticed that there were more women attending this year with their male companions. I also noticed that the age of attendees continues to increase which is very frightening for this hobby. (Maybe the younger crowd were all in the Can-Jam tents/pods)

When the renovation of the Marriott is complete I would suggest they keep all of the listening rooms in the one tower assuming there is a sufficient number of large rooms.

Too many major manufactures were missing. I hope they return in the future.
Magico and soulution were NOT part of the show. It kind of pisses me off that they don't want to play ball. Can they not afford it? But mom and pop shops can? Sure.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Esoteric/Canton room. One of my favorites. The F-05 sounds VERY good for 10k.

I don't see much chatter about Canton. I've noted some comments about their detail and deep base. Their Reference K series are quite handsome IMO.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Magico and soulution were NOT part of the show. It kind of pisses me off that they don't want to play ball. Can they not afford it? But mom and pop shops can? Sure.
Wilson, Magico, Scanea and others have shown their product at the Hyatt in previous years so it was no surprise that Magico decided to use that venue again this year. Their decision to attend was made too late to get in the program material and I am glad they didn't pull out like many other manufacturers or dealers.

My opinion is that RMAF will no longer be the must support show for companies going forward. With alternatives such as LA, Axpona and Munich they can now pick and choose what makes sense for them.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:12 AM

Thanks for the great pics!
Old 10-10-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Wilson, Magico, Scanea and others have shown their product at the Hyatt in previous years so it was no surprise that Magico decided to use that venue again this year. Their decision to attend was made too late to get in the program material and I am glad they didn't pull out like many other manufacturers or dealers.

My opinion is that RMAF will no longer be the must support show for companies going forward. With alternatives such as LA, Axpona and Munich they can now pick and choose what makes sense for them.
They were part of the rmaf show that year. There was a shuttle to take you back and forth. They have gone rogue. How is anyone supposed to even know about it?
Old 10-10-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
I don't see much chatter about Canton. I've noted some comments about their detail and deep base. Their Reference K series are quite handsome IMO.
The Reference 3K's sounded quite nice actually. Of course I only listened to two songs (it's quite distracting at these shows when people are talking, moving about, crinkling candy wrappers right behind you, etc.). I wish I had more time to give this room a full listen.

image-2016840739.jpg
Old 10-10-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
The Reference 3K's sounded quite nice actually. Of course I only listened to two songs (it's quite distracting at these shows when people are talking, moving about, crinkling candy wrappers right behind you, etc.). I wish I had more time to give this room a full listen.

Attachment 47767
Agree, it's very hard to spend quality time with the products at these shows! If you stay in the room long enough, eventually there will be a few minutes where it's just you (not totally true in the big ticket rooms). That's what I did in the rooms I really enjoyed most.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:44 AM

Sorry for the crappy picture quality. This was the W4S room and I spent a little time talking with EJ and Tony. Great guys.