AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Chinese High-End Audio

Chinese High-End Audio Doge, Eastern Electric, Jungson, Psvane, Yulong

Old 04-03-2013, 08:25 AM

Default What Line Magnetic items would you like to see?

I have owned a couple of the LM integrated amps, and am very impressed with the products. I don't think you can do better than their smaller integrateds in the $1650-$1800 range, and their $4250 Gold series amps are really excellent. I would love to see what they could offer in separate preamps and power amps in the $5,000 range. I bet they would be really superb. I do know they have some really high end pre/power options, but I believe they are in the much pricier range.
Also curious about their CD player.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardave View Post
I have owned a couple of the LM integrated amps, and am very impressed with the products. I don't think you can do better than their smaller integrateds in the $1650-$1800 range, and their $4250 Gold series amps are really excellent. I would love to see what they could offer in separate preamps and power amps in the $5,000 range. I bet they would be really superb. I do know they have some really high end pre/power options, but I believe they are in the much pricier range.
Also curious about their CD player.
I love 845's and I have plenty of attraction for your integrated.
22W of class A SET power with a 845 per channel must be magic on many high eff speakers.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:00 PM

From my understanding, there are three primary LMA lines (at least in the USA): Silver, Gold and Classic, with prices climbing in each rung. While I have no price clue on the Classic Line amps, it would be interesting to compare items, such as LMA to Shindo, at the approximate price points, e.g. Montille vs. 845 or the Cortese or H-B vs. the Classic line (AM-2, 86A, 91A)...within the same base system...I have often wondered when crossing amp types, but at same price points...
Best, jdk
Old 04-06-2013, 06:49 AM

LM Audio might want to look at what Peachtree Audio and Oppo is doing. Both companies are making digital components that have double or triple uses.

Peachtree makes a DAC/Integrated tube amp. By purcahsing one of these, you get a high quality DAC and tube integrated amp in one neat package. That helps those budget minded budding audiophile get into hi-fi because he/she does not have to buy a separate DAC, Preamp and Amp. You also get tube sound with the Peachtree!

Oppo is making high quality players that have DVD/Blue Ray, DACs and CD playback. I think one streams audio as well.

Both of these companies are making products that others are not. LM Audio could start doing this, and probably cheaper. I would love to see an LM Audio integrated tube amp with DAC and headhone amp in one unit.

Do they make one? If so, they should advertise it more prominently.

Last edited by psyopwak; 04-06-2013 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Add features to products.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM

I'd love to see a phono-stage, as well as a full sized integrated using EL84s, as I've simply outgrown EL34 and KT88 based versions. And being a Vinylhead - said phono-stage would in fact be most welcomed.

I can dream can't I?.

Regards,
O_o scar
Old 04-10-2013, 10:34 PM

Default agreed that LM and similar builders should add phono stages

greetings: new here. attracted by the LM etc. discussion.

it seems to me that there is high correlation b/w users of these point-to-point wired retro/modern tube integrateds and vinyl-heads. putting in a phono stage, as have rogue and primaluna seems like a great move. adds a lot of value for not a lot of cost and differentiates a tube amp from the army of similar tube amps.

i am on a move to simplify my system: have less components, less power cords, less interconnects, but have great sound. tube integrated with phono gets exisiting 3 components (phono/pre/amp) down to one, and gets rid of 2 interconnects and 2 power cords - practically paying for itself in saved cord costs alone.

will see if i can post a new thread to try to expand this discussion.

regards -andre
Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 PM

I would like to see a 300b version of my Gold series 518. I bet that would be great.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 PM

Dave,

I've lately heard the Ref5se/Ref150 pairing ( on the 0/96) and also the Aurieges /LM518 and loved both. It would be great to get your thoughts after living with both these longer term.

The Ref5se and Ref150 only had about 200hrs on them. The ARC pair did so many things in a different league to the other two but still the Shindo/845 was doing things musically intensively that the ARC was kind of hinting at doing maybe later when it's caps were more fully burned in.

The reason I ask is because I will likely add another pre some time (while keeping the Shindo Aurieges) and was wondering about going with another Shindo up a rung or two (maybe either a Masseto/Vosne Romanee) or adding in a Ref5se. Which way would you feel you might go if the choice was there.

Tho by time I save up for this I might realistically even be looking at a Ref6 even given the way the ARC upgrade cycle is running ATM

The other thing was also your thoughts on the LM 845 ... along with Audion 845 monos I might consider an Arc Ref 75 as another way to go.

Are the 845s or the KT120s tending to give you more joy. Which amp do you tend to listen to more often and if you had to just live with just one which way would you go.

Sorry to put you on the spot a bit but your day in, day out longer term listening impressions would be great to hear.

Many thanks
Graham
Old 04-20-2013, 01:06 AM

Hi Graham. They are both excellent. The ARC gear is wonderful. People tend to group the ARC gear into some sort of non musical, mechanical camp. But I have to tell you, as a long time ARC listener, the new stuff is really great, and very musical, as you heard, no doubt... It also has a rifinement that the other gear does not.
That said, any gear attached to a Shindo preamp is addicting. I have been using an Audionote L4 amp with the Shindo preamp and it sounds great! I like both!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:08 AM

Ta Dave,

I figure that no matter what the Shindo stays and I can always make room for another pre as well. Maybe a Ref6 might be worth holding out for.

Your Line Magnetic 845 struck me as a complete bargain and gives a magical injection of set... and all valve set-ups are something Ive always had as part of my life and the Line Magnetic makes that completely affordable as well.

We live in a golden age for audio and music that's for sure. Thanks for your thoughts.

Graham