AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Pre-Amps & Amplifiers

Pre-Amps & Amplifiers All Brands Welcome

Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Any update Howie?
Tommy,

The burn in is proceeding nicely. Go to work and put the sooloos on swim and it does the rest
My initial impressions are that the delivery is very smooth. The resolution is fantastic and the singers and instruments palpable in the air above the power amp. Having listened to an Einstein tube amp for a few months, the soulution appears 'thinner' on first impressions but once habituated to it it is mmore the lack of artifacts that createst this impression.

Recordings with very full on instruments come out exactly so and voices are more lifelike. The sound is slowly evolving so I will have to give it a few more hours before coming to a definitive conclusion.

One interesting point is that the Soulution seems to prefer the Argento cables more than the Yter ones which seem to remove some of the sparkle but I need to do more critical listening to see if this is the case.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:55 PM

Sounds like the Soulution is breaking in nicely. Does the music grab you emotionally making you want to listen for a long long time, like tube sometimes does?

How long have you had the Yter? I heard it needs a long break in time.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Audio Snoopster

Howie....Great looking setup and nice view behind your rig (makes me want to move out of Mid-Levels now!!)!!......would love to pop by your place for a session....Philip
Old 04-15-2011, 10:37 AM

Default Cables with Soulutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
I am using a real mixture. Soulution preamp has a Siltech Ruby Hill II pc and is connected to the power amp with a borrowed synergistic research balanced cables. I also have a pair of diy Oyaide balanced cables with Furutech rhodium XLR connectors. Meridian has same siltech pc and is connected to preamp with Crystal Cable reference rca. Audio Research has a Crystal Cable reference pc and connects with preamp with Argento Serenity balanced cables. Avid has a Crystal Cable Piccolo pc and power amp has a XLO LE 10 Mk II pc.

Oh forgot speakers which use Yter or Argento Serenity. Right now Yter is being used.

howie
Hi Howie,

Congrats on the excellent system you have there!!
Am a fellow Soulution(720+710) user too and in the same cable situation as you. Currently using Yter Speaker cable(2 pairs for biwire), Yter XLR interconnects from source to the 720, am considering to get another pair of Yter XLR to connect the 720 to 710 but thinking to try out Argento range of cables as had heard lots of good things about it.

Read that you have both brands to try out on your system and Yter missing some sparkle on the top frequency vs Argento, that would make me even more tempted to try out argento. Unfortunately the place I am at do not have a proper Argento dealer to trial their cables in my system so it mostly a leap of faith from what I read so far.

Will you be able to give more thoughts on both brands of cables in your system since its running in the same pre+power.
You views will sure be valuable to me... Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Last edited by epic; 04-15-2011 at 10:53 AM.