AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 03-20-2016, 11:31 AM

If you have any comments or pics of the Bryston room post them here.

I'll start with Stereophile's: http://www.stereophile.com/content/m...one-point-five

Last edited by Stefan_DR3; 03-20-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:48 AM

DR Acoustics exhibited alongside the Quebec dealer Audition Veritable, which demonstrated a nearly all-Bryston system, built around the Bryston Model T loudspeaker.

I had heard that speaker once before, at SSI, and thought it a little too bright for my tastes—but here, it sounded very well balanced.

Art Dudley
Stereophile Magazine
Old 03-20-2016, 11:49 AM

Montreal Audio Show 2016

Just got back from the show and I have to say that although the Bryston room and a handful of other rooms looked & sounded good, overall the show was a disappointment. Probably the worst one yet.

I walked into the Micromega/Focal room and they were playing music so loud that it actually didn't sound good (nerve-racking) which unfortunately, did not do justice to the equipment.

The Bryston folks were very nice & informative and the sound was good. The new BCD looks real nice in the "flesh" and it's definitely going to be my replacement CD player whenever my BCD-1 dies on me (hopefully not in the near future).

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 03-20-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:51 AM

Hi all,

O.K. now, I am ready to post a few non professional pictures of my visit to the Montreal Show Images et Son at Hotel, Bonnaventure.

I will start with the Bryston room. I was expecting large speakers on demo but the smaller T speakers did a very good job. (By the way, Bryston speakers are made by Axiom for Bryston according to Bryston specs and both Bryston and Axiom are 100% Canadian manufacturers.)

The sound was good, read very good for something that small.

I've heard in other rooms much bigger speakers that did not have the nice bass
of the Mini T's . Very nice sound, cannot say more, cannot say less Am I impressed with the sound? Yes, I am, for their size and they are Made in Canada, which also goes for all the electronics.

I spoke with a gentlemen from Bryston (Sorry, forgot his name) very friendly. No technical bla, bla from me on the set up, but yes, very nice system.

Guy 13
Old 03-20-2016, 11:54 AM

“God bless the exhibitor who does my work for me:

While I enjoyed an all-Bryston system in what was surely the nicest suite of rooms in this part of the temporarily troubled Bonaventure Hotel, the company's Gary Dayton wrote down all of the gear being used: Bryston's Mini T stand-mounted loudspeakers, 4B3 amplifier BP-26 preamplifier BDA-3 DAC BDP2 music player and BIT20 power conditioner. (At next year's show I will ask him to crop and edit my photographs for me.)

The system was a shade bright for my tastes, but at the same time it was explicit in a musically informative way, and it made a recently made guitar-rock recording (I'm ashamed to say I neglected to write down the name of the artist, thinking I would not forget it—yet I did) sound incandescently exciting.”

Art Dudley
Stereophile Magazine
Old 03-21-2016, 10:39 AM

I was at the show and found it to be a nice sounding room,now I just need to save for a BIT20.I was even told by the rep that I was a gentleman and a scholar because I asked him if it was all right if I picked up the new phono stage,apparently people were just picking stuff up without asking permission and then man handling the pieces before plunking them back down.
Aaron
Old 03-29-2016, 11:21 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Montreal Audio Show – Bryston Demo 2016March 2016

``I began by visiting the Bryston room where the company revealed numerous new products, including the highly anticipated Cubed series amplifiers and the company’s first series of compact components. The Cubed series offers a refreshing new look and a total of six new amplifier models to choose from, rated from 135 watts per channel all the way up to 1000 watts per channel.

In contrast to the full-sized Cubed amplifiers, the new compact components offer a taste of the legendary Bryston sound in a compact package and affordable price points. The three compact components on display included the BDP-Pi digital audio player, BMC phono preamp and PS-3 power supply.

After discontinuing CD player production several years ago, Bryston has decided to bring a brand new BCD-3 disc player into production – also shown at the show.

The all Bryston system on demo inside this room – highlighting the 4B Cubed amplifier – served up a rich, vivid musical experience. I’ve long enjoyed the sound of Bryston amplifiers and this is the cleanest, most detailed sound I’ve heard from their amplifiers yet. Look out for a review of one of these in an upcoming issue of CANADA HiFi.``

Canada Hi-Fi
Sauve

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 03-29-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:58 PM

Aaron