AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Hometown Section

Hometown Section Local Music Events, Get Togethers & Visits

Old 12-22-2018, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Bob I only hear good things about there, and never have been. Seattle has changed too much, even for me and I grew up in the city.

Maybe Marc, that may be a good getaway with the girls and do some wine tasting
Maybe that is the seed of a good idea. I know many of the best winemakers in the valley and could probably set up a mini tour that may be able to get you in to wineries that don't do tours.

I also cook. All the stuff you'd find in a nice restaurant but what I really like to do is barbecue. You have to eat my ribs sitting down because if you're standing up, you're knees will buckle.

Maybe in late spring when the weather is nice I could host some sort of event. Maybe wine tour, food and music.

Just a thought.

- Bob

Dali Epicon 8, Luxman 509X, highy modified MDHT Orchid Dac, Cambridge Audio CD transport, iMac, Core Power 1800, Shunyata and Nordost cables
Old 12-22-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
Steve

You are definitely dedicated to the craft!

You know you’re always welcome to the DFWAC meets!
Thanks Joey, I plan to make a few meets, just something seems to come up at the same time, keeping my fingers crossed for next year.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Steve... I’ll leave the light on for you.

Thanks Ivan, I plan to come up your way sometime for sure.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Steve - the ATL is always open for ya, but remember, with a visit here you also have to be on kid duty with rambunctious 5 and 8 year old girls.! We need a nanny, come on down!

- Buck
Buck I'm not much of a baby sitter but I will do what ever I must in order to your system!!
Old 12-31-2018, 01:35 PM

Steve, If you head to Florida to see Master Lou, I'm in the Tampa area.

No vinyl but we share a fondness for ARC and ML.

Feel free to contact me.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
Steve, If you head to Florida to see Master Lou, I'm in the Tampa area.

No vinyl but we share a fondness for ARC and ML.

Feel free to contact me.

Thanks Brad, I will certainly give you a shout if I ever get down that way.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Here's proof of life. Ed made Steve display a record store find. Haha

Attachment 57490
Now that's a rowdy looking bunch!
Old 03-03-2019, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaboudreaux View Post
Very cool thread... that's what it's all about!
I don't know how I missed this thread!

STEVE! Great thread. It was pretty damn cool for Steve to drive down to my home 2 times last year. Was also special to hear Steve's impressions especially after the first time in March. I only had the CLX and other gear barely a month or so. Wasn't really setup correctly and while it was good...just kind of "ok". But months later after adding room treatments/Nordost Odin power cables/ new DAC etc..made a big difference. And last but NOT least..Steve setup my Clearaudio Innovation TT

Those 3 days Steve was here we JAMMED! Ate well too.

Was really cool and Steve's a good friend. Had to cancel my trip up to see him earlier this year but still planning on going.

Would love to travel some this year to other's AA members to hear their gear.

Old 04-06-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL1800 View Post
I have the good fortune of working in a seasonal industry which affords me about 6 months off every year. This down time is usually spent listening to and tweaking my own audio system and wood working.

This year I have decided the only way to determine what my system really needs is to travel and hear other peoples systems. I know most would do so by attending shows and their local dealers but that hasn't proven to yield what I'm looking for. So the next idea was to travel to other AA members homes and listen to their systems. These trips have yielded some good listening sessions and great friendships.

It started last March and again in October, traveling to hear Timobi's great system in Louisiana, 500 mile drive each way. Tim is a super nice guy and let me listen to his mighty Martin Logan CLX speakers. If you haven't ever heard these speakers you really should. And OMG the ClearAudio Innovation!!

Next trip was a short one to visit with gadawg in Texas. This was my first chance to hear the Wilson Sasha II speakers with top flight Levinson gear. George was a gracious host and let me even bring my own dac for comparisons to to Esoteric K01Xs. This was one of those systems that really showed me how badly I need a bigger listening room, you could fit 3 to 4 of my rooms in George's room.

My last trip of the year was a flight to Seattle to spend 5 days hanging out with 2fastdriving aka Marc, For The Love of Music aka Ed, and Antonmb aka Tony. Marc was gracious enough to let me crash at his house for the duration. Both Marc and Ed have Wilson Alexia speakers but completely different electronics. The listening session at Ed's was short but fruitful, it left me once again yearning for a larger listening room. Do to distance and time constraints I wasn't able to hear Tony's system, maybe next time. Over the course of several days Marc and I were able to improve his system with some tweaking of room acoustic placement, making his Alexia's really come alive. After returning home I have gone to work again on my room acoustics to bring out some of the qualities I heard in all of these systems, stage depth and image placement.

I'm sure your asking what I plan to purchase after hearing all of these systems? I had already bought Audio Research gear, same as Marc's, before I went there. But after visiting Tim's, I came home lusting for a ClearAudio Innovation TT. As for speakers the hunt for perfection is still on.

Thanks to all for your friendship and for sharing your great systems with me.
Amazing! I went to law school in Oklahoma City. Sadly, I haven't been back to OK since then. If you find yourself down in New Orleans get with me. I can show you what a small listening room really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timobi View Post
I don't know how I missed this thread!

STEVE! Great thread. It was pretty damn cool for Steve to drive down to my home 2 times last year. Was also special to hear Steve's impressions especially after the first time in March. I only had the CLX and other gear barely a month or so. Wasn't really setup correctly and while it was good...just kind of "ok". But months later after adding room treatments/Nordost Odin power cables/ new DAC etc..made a big difference. And last but NOT least..Steve setup my Clearaudio Innovation TT

Those 3 days Steve was here we JAMMED! Ate well too.

Was really cool and Steve's a good friend. Had to cancel my trip up to see him earlier this year but still planning on going.

Would love to travel some this year to other's AA members to hear their gear.

Do you ever make it down to New Orleans for anything? I live on the Northshore of the lake. As with Steve above, get with me if you come down sometime. I'd like to introduce you to the president of our audio club as well. We hold irregular meetings in this area, but the group is a pretty nice group of guys.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)