AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 02-20-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal View Post
Cyril, thank you very much for you prompt reply with plenty of information.

I have joined AA just recently and you have already helped me many times. It's precious collaboration for a starter audiophile like me.

Pedro
Pedro...it's my pleasure. I found when I was putting together my system some 6-7 years ago that doing the research/auditioning equipment, etc...was great fun, so I am always happy to help out others starting out or continuing on this crazy journey My best advice is work with good local dealers. Let them know that you are serious about putting together a system but that you are going to take your time to listen to as many different brands to learn about your listening tastes/preferences and what will work in your home. If they put in the time to work with you without high pressure tactics and give you good avice then they will be valuable resources in your audiophile journey.

Bart...I knew you would chime in with your thoughts
Old 02-20-2012, 10:58 PM

Very nice Cyril!

Mike
Old 02-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Pedro...it's my pleasure. I found when I was putting together my system some 6-7 years ago that doing the research/auditioning equipment, etc...was great fun, so I am always happy to help out others starting out or continuing on this crazy journey My best advice is work with good local dealers. Let them know that you are serious about putting together a system but that you are going to take your time to listen to as many different brands to learn about your listening tastes/preferences and what will work in your home. If they put in the time to work with you without high pressure tactics and give you good avice then they will be valuable resources in your audiophile journey.

Bart...I knew you would chime in with your thoughts
Cyril, you put that perfectly!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 02-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Mac + Ayre + Vivid + Stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Pedro, I'm the very happy owner of Vivid G2Giya's.
(And the center and rears V1w's are ordered!).
I discovered Vivid Audio for the first time in What Hifi magazine.
Vivid Audio V1.5 review from the experts at whathifi.com
In 2010, I visited the Brussels Hifi Show, and although there were ultra high end systems playing, the room that made the best impression on me was the one with Chapter Audio amp-CD and Vivid B1's. I knew then I had to investigate this brand a little further, because it sounded way better than the Burmester speakers I was going to buy. I also met Laurence Dickie there, and I sensed from his explanation that he really understands how a loudspeaker must be designed to sound as natural as possible.
And when I heard the Giya's (G1 and G2) a month later, I realised I had to have a good conversation with my bank...
I was lost!
The G2 is a quite sensitive speaker. It plays a lot louder pro Watt than my B&W XT4's I also have in the house.
The detail you hear is amazing, the soundstage is like in no other speaker I know of, and the Vivids make a perfect disappearing act (music totally loose form the cabinets). The sweet spot is half of my living room...
My wife and I are thrilled!
Bart, thank you for sharing your experience with Vivid.

Today I went to audition the V1.5 and liked a lot. Clear and detailed but engaging and exciting (i.e. not dry analytical). Also noticed that they are not picky about placement (I walked around the room and the sound was great even at the corners).

They also seem robust, with high build and finish quality.

Pedro
ACDC - Back in Black. Adele - 19. Bryan Adams - Bare Bones. Diana Krall - Live in Paris; When I Look in Your Eyes. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms. Don Williams - Borrowed Tales. FleetwoodMac - Tango in the Night. Frank Sinatra - At the Sands. Genesis - A Trick of the Tail. Gipsy Kings - Love Songs. Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark. Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert. Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear. Marta Gómez - Entre Cada Palabra. Metallica - Metallica. Michael Jackson - Thriller. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed. Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder; Wish You Were Here. Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Live in Japan. U2 - Rattle and Hum.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Massimo...do you have any idea on pricing? Just curious...
Overe here the G1 is selling for 48k, the G2 for 35K. I am guessing 25k for the G3?

howie
Old 02-22-2012, 04:00 AM
Life is beautiful

Merken - Terrason Audio

Prices in € in the Netherlands and Belgium.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 02-23-2012, 07:19 PM

Hi all, I'm new here but a friend of mine is a Vivid dealer and I was fortunate enough to attend the first non show presentation of the new G3 a couple of weeks ago at his place with Philip O'Hanlon running the show.

This is, IMO, a superb speaker and to me, the most attractive of the line. One could easily run out of words to describe the sound but in brief I found it cohesive, open, dynamic and with truly amazing bass. They were being driven by the Luxman M-600A, 30W of lovely class A power. I believe the price is $40K U.S.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike
Old 02-26-2012, 04:26 PM

A few more words on the G3, I spent another 4 hours with these yesterday and I am still in love (lust?). A really superb speaker, even with a low powered amplifier. We were using the Luxman SQ-38u tube integrated with these and while bass was not quite as well controlled as with an SS amp it was still very good and the overall result was excellent.

mike
Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 AM

I heard this at the local dealer's showroom paired with the Technical Brain amplification. This is an incredibly high resolution speaker which avoids the over analytical presentation of some of its competitors. Together with a recent demo of the Raidho D1, this is probably one of the best combinations I've heard in a long time.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:59 PM

Default Vivid Audio Giya G3 in Canada

Hello to all AA members - just a short note to alert members to an upcoming event at The Gramophone in Edmonton AB. We are having the Canadian premier of the Vivid Audio G3 along with the fantastic presenter, Philip O'Hanlon visiting from Los Angeles. We will be showing the G3 with the new Luxman Turntable, the new Luxman DSD DAC along with a couple of different Luxman amplifiers. We have many other brands which will play very nicely with the Vivid - the McIntosh stable of amplifiers, the Devialet from Paris, lots of Analog product from Rega, Avid and of course the incredible Audiodesk Systeme vinyl cleaner from Germany. The show runs all day Saturday May 4 and we invite anyone within driving or flying distance to stop in for wine and cheese and great music and conversation.
Hope to see some of you there!
Bryan
The Gramophone Inc
Edmonton