AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 08-11-2015, 09:06 PM

You may never know for certain, but if I were to guess I would say the dealer has not been truthful with you. I doubt any manufacturer of Vivid's pedigree would allow such a product to leave their factory.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratt View Post
hi there,

i just got Giya G2 - Midnight Blue, and brand new~
but i have some problems with this new one, have you check yours?

1. too many scratches and deep,
2. the tweeter has very small dent,
3. The paint on the bottom of the speaker has been fallen a part seriously.

the scratches is very deep and shape i guess it is from the grill strange thing is i have not used grill ever, and i received the speakers a day ago.

i try to ask this happened to dealer and they keep saying this is vivid quality.
and they never open the box ever, i dont think they sold me second hand one and cheat me this as new. they can not do this..
i am feeling this is very bad that vivid is not sealing the box this is wooden box and no one can know this was opened..

i just need to believe dealer says, and i believed, but?

or i dont think this is displayed also.

just one of the speaker has much bad quality included tweeter dent.(very small.. but it is dent, yes,)

i think the vivid finishing quality is not good and not perfect..
as i can see my bad painting technic (pad mark hologram and Paint smudge can be found)

i could see their factory is not that does not seem to safe for these happened.
and polishing is very bad quality..
alot of pad mark, hologram marks, sending marks, Plugging marks.. on the new pair of painting..

i have sent the emails to vivid and owner but they are not trying to acknowledge.
this is what they says,

"I can assure you that this speaker did not leave our factory with ANY of these issues you have raised."

then who is liar?

i dont think a dealer did polishing or painting or plugging or sending this one..

this is vivid quality..?

i love the colors and love the sound but this is very disappointing finishes and bad quality final inspection from VIVID...

and asked me to contact dealer by my self.... this is not what they should do i think.,

i would be posting new one but i dont have permission yet...

i have many evidence with these issues and people should know before they pay $50,000 for pair of speaker..

of couse i did not paid $50,000
i got alot of discount but this is not that because of this bad quality.
i will back once i get the response from VIVID..
Surely your dealer will take the speakers back and get you a new pair. It is their responsibility to deliver a new speaker in flawless condition. The fact that you got a huge discount sounds to me like they were aware of the issues!! Will they still give you the same discount if you demand a replacement. My guess is they had them on display, and it got damaged that way. Vivid will never ship their speakers with dented drivers.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:55 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Surely your dealer will take the speakers back and get you a new pair. It is their responsibility to deliver a new speaker in flawless condition. The fact that you got a huge discount sounds to me like they were aware of the issues!! Will they still give you the same discount if you demand a replacement. My guess is they had them on display, and it got damaged that way. Vivid will never ship their speakers with dented drivers.
I am with Douglas.
I got mine in pristine condition, very well packed.
There is something very wrong here, and they have to correct this.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 08-12-2015, 10:33 AM

Default maybe you are right.

Quote:
main thing is tweeter small dent, and some of deep scratches..
but you know, these are all on only one side speaker, other one has no other issues, but i didnt meant it is good or best condition because i could see many sending marks on sunlight, and bad quality painting, and bad glue on tweeter domes. but no dent.

i am saying the vivid painting technic and completed inspection is not high as magico or any other high end brand does.

lastly, i dont think the seller displayed only one speaker, or used the grill on only one speaker..

every scratches were made by grills i guess, it is shape and deep.

i am very confuse and disappointed with vivid CEO that they still don't give me any response on my problem i sent and email with pictures.

if the sealer has lied to me that this was display or whatever they made the scratches and dent the tweeter.. the manufacture still has to be find the way of customer to be happy or introduce how to fix??

or send me some replacement...

do you know about the replacement?
i maybe should buy one or two of the tweeter small and mid one.. for replacement.. not include taper-tube, only need the font parts.. do they sell them??

do you know how to order? and how much?
is it easy to replacement?

i would like to show you guys of pictures of damaged but i dont know how to .. hehe
Old 08-12-2015, 12:08 PM

Cool

the dealer would not get me new one, i guess..
i asked him about the deep scratches and dented tweeter and he is saying something stupid like Expansion and contraction.. and it is natural.. haha, and keep saying this is unopened and this is What vivid shipped.
Never opened..

i am located South Korea, and problem is the distributor is changed, about year ago,
i bought this from old distributor and they offered me big discount, because they stopped the import the Vivid year ago, and few pair of speakers were left, and sold me one of the rest, but it is still new and never opened this is what they said..

i may understand of paint issues, because i could go and repaint after few years later, but main problem is Dome of tweeter.

i dont want to pay any extra amount for new tweeter, or replacement.

i am expecting Vivid will help me with this, or provide me some new tweeter or replacements for few damaged tweeter of mind..

or any one know how much they charge? for replacement? not whole parts, just need dome parts..

i am so sad!!
Old 08-12-2015, 12:14 PM

I agree with Douglas & Bart, mine were delivered in superb condition, no scratches or dents. The front firing drivers are all supplied as complete units with their integral tapered tubes. I've never had to replace one, so I can't answer on how easily they are to replace.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratt View Post
main thing is tweeter small dent, and some of deep scratches..
but you know, these are all on only one side speaker, other one has no other issues, but i didnt meant it is good or best condition because i could see many sending marks on sunlight, and bad quality painting, and bad glue on tweeter domes. but no dent.

i am saying the vivid painting technic and completed inspection is not high as magico or any other high end brand does.

lastly, i dont think the seller displayed only one speaker, or used the grill on only one speaker..

every scratches were made by grills i guess, it is shape and deep.

i am very confuse and disappointed with vivid CEO that they still don't give me any response on my problem i sent and email with pictures.

if the sealer has lied to me that this was display or whatever they made the scratches and dent the tweeter.. the manufacture still has to be find the way of customer to be happy or introduce how to fix??

or send me some replacement...

do you know about the replacement?
i maybe should buy one or two of the tweeter small and mid one.. for replacement.. not include taper-tube, only need the font parts.. do they sell them??

do you know how to order? and how much?
is it easy to replacement?

i would like to show you guys of pictures of damaged but i dont know how to .. hehe
Bratt, on my K1's it was very easy to replace the tweeter. I damaged it myself, stupid accident.

It is ideally a 2 man job because its so easy to touch the fragile cones when you handle the drivers. The screw at the back can literally be removed with a coin, and the whole assembly, tapered tube and driver can be released. I am not sure about the Giya's however, but I would imagine not that different. Vivid will provide you with instructions. You would have to purchase a tweeter if the dealer does not accommodate you.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Bratt, on my K1's it was very easy to replace the tweeter. I damaged it myself, stupid accident.

It is ideally a 2 man job because its so easy to touch the fragile cones when you handle the drivers. The screw at the back can literally be removed with a coin, and the whole assembly, tapered tube and driver can be released. I am not sure about the Giya's however, but I would imagine not that different. Vivid will provide you with instructions. You would have to purchase a tweeter if the dealer does not accommodate you.

Right, Thank you for your reply..

i would keep waiting for the their response, still not get any words.

at the beginning, i was thinking if i get replacement of damaged tweeter, but now i am thinking like they are disrespectful that they are not responding my emails, and passing this to dealer, i have no idea what to do..

however, how much did you pay for it?
and how did you order?

did you get the replacement include tapertubes? than it will cost alot..

i am thinking the why i should pay for the replacement that is already dented before packing or if dealer made one and lied me...

dealer would never accept this ever...

The dealer is part of Vivid Audio manufacture.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
bratt - May I ask where you are located? If you are in the US the Vivid distributor is an exceptional individual who offers superb support. If you do not get satisfaction from your dealer regarding these issues he would want to know about it. Something doesn't sound right, since I've never heard of such issues with Vivid speakers. Good luck in getting this resolved to your satisfaction!
i am currently in South Korea, and no one is help me to fix this problems, and dealer is keep saying this is 100% unopened and brand new.

yes, something goes wrong for sure..

i wish any one or any dealer would help me with this...
Old 08-12-2015, 05:06 PM

From memory the grills on the B1 were packed separately. In Audio the definition of new can vary depending on the dealer, or in this case the distributor. This is not exclusive to audio of course.

What you have described sounds like floor stock that has had a busy life. They should have been open about the condition of the speaker if this was the case so you understood the reason for the steep discount. Many boxes in Australia do get opened for customs inspection so the box may get opened before it arrives at the distributor. You would think that they would check on the condition of the product on arrival for insurance purposes. My speakers were an order and the distributor unpacked and set them up for me.

The packaging crates for Vivid speakers weigh more than many speakers and being wood they would discourage mishandling.
I had a slight scuff mark from transit movement on the side of the speaker. My dealer provided me with a maintenance kit ( microfibre cloth and a quality car polish). Today the paint finish is without blemish. As mentioned elsewhere, I am fussy about keeping people and especially kids away from my speakers. Right now they need a good dusting however.