AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Events & Demos

Events & Demos Manufacturer & Dealer Sponsored Events

Old 10-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Life is beautiful

Default Listening to the Kii Three BXT System at Gydotron, Antwerp - Oct. '19

Earlier this month, I took the opportunity to listen to the Kii Three BXT System.
I had already heard the Kii Three without bass module, but read in Jacques' review the full blown system was really something.

https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44079

I can't equal Jacques' reviewing style, but I'll do my best to give my impressions.

The demo took place in the rather small demo room in the Gydotron store.

I first thought a speaker system like this, with 7000 Watts on tap, would easily overpower the room.
But I was pleasantly surprised.
Yes, you can enjoy the Kii Three BXT in a small room!

We listened to some tracks that Bruno Putzeys himself chose to demonstrate the qualities of his creation.

First was a track of the excellent bass player Christian McBride. A solo piece.
The instrument sounded very lifelike.
Detail aplenty, the plucking of the strings very present.
The dynamics of this speaker system are enormous.
You never get the impression you will run out of steam.

Next: Fanfare for the Common Man, from Copland.
The full orchestra came through in a stunning way.
Soundstage very much okay, differentiation of instruments splendid.
Those who often attend live classical concerts know what I mean that a symphonic orchestra can have quite an impact.
Well, these speakers get you very close to that experience!

The sound of this set is rather forward, like Jacques wrote in his review, but absolutely not in an unpleasant way.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 10-30-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:44 PM
Life is beautiful

Next was a piece of the Dutch singer Wende, 'La Vie En Rose'.
Hmmm, female voices also do very well on these!

Meanwhile, I was explained about the Kii Three BXT system.
Not a lot of tweaking possibilities of course.

Guido delivers them with a little option, so that you don't have to spike them:

Power cords, cables, everything is delivered standard, but Guido likes to upgrade the power cables to some Furutechs.
Normal big cables aren't even a possibility.
Bruno doesn't like big snakes behind his speakers.

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 10-30-2019, 04:50 PM
Life is beautiful

Next track was African music, with a lot of deep bass, and dynamic horns.
Everything delivered in an impeccable way, without distortion.

A drum solo, an organ piece, it all sounded very convincingly.

The bass module does add a lot to the already magnificent top module!

You could literally feel the organ, directly, but also indirectly via the floor.
The whole room was energised.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:53 PM
Life is beautiful

On the rack you can see the Mola Mola components, also from the hand of Bruno Putzeys.

But in fact, all you need with this speaker system is a streamer, in this case an Aurender:

Last edited by bart; 01-08-2021 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:03 PM
Life is beautiful

We then listened to Bach's Cello Suite no. 1, by Pieter Wispelwey.
It sounded like a cello has to sound, the ambience of the recording venue also coming through beautifully.

Rutten's Requiem followed: Pie Jesu, by Turtle Creek Chorale.
If you know this piece, you know this is large scale music.
I can assure you it was convincingly transduced here!

The speakers seen from behind:

Old 10-30-2019, 05:09 PM
Life is beautiful

You can connect a CD player to the Kiis of course, or even a tape recorder.

We only listened to the Aurender, and to an old Marantz providing the bits, using the internal DACs of the speakers.

A Dutch bigband, Christine and the Queens, more jazz, everything we threw at the Kii Three BXTs sounded natural, agreeable: not warm, not cold, not digital, but just... right.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:17 PM
Life is beautiful

Conclusion.

28,000€ gives you almost a complete system.
Just add a decent streamer.
So we talk of 32-33K in total.

Have I heard a system with separates in this price category that can compete?
Nope.
No no no!
I'm sure that if I were to put it in our living room and compare it to our system, it would come very close, and even surpass it in some areas.
Our Vivid Audio G2s alone already cost 50% more!

Everybody with this kind of a budget ought to demo these, and the Grimm Audio LS1be.

I was a big fan of Bruno Putzeys, and admire him even more now.
Bravo!

PS. Room treatment devices: Acustica Applicata.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:23 AM

Default Listening to the Kii Three BXT System at Gydotron, Antwerp - Oct. '19

Bart, thank you for the kind words and posting the link to my Kii 3 post.
Looking forward to our visit to the "Gydotron Show" this Sunday and the opportunity to experience the "Purifi" products and maybe have a chat with Bruno Putzeys.

Last edited by JemHadar; 11-03-2019 at 04:37 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:04 AM

Congratulations on the upgrade to a great speaker system! These are quite amazing speakers!
Old 10-31-2019, 09:53 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem666 View Post
Bart, thank you for the kind words and posting the link to my Kii 3 post.
Looking forward to our visit to the "Gydotron Show" this Sunday and the opportunity to experience the "Purifiy" products and maybe have a chat with Bruno Putzeys.