AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Where Pets Rule

Where Pets Rule Fur, Feathers, and Fins!

Old 09-15-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilands View Post
Not always true, but hopefully in this case. I have a cat that lives in a bedroom with the doors always closed. She never comes out. She has a litter box and we feed her in that room. It's pretty good size room with windows. She has been a freak for years and is afraid of our other cat, our two Golden Retrievers, and all people except my daughter who is off at college. She has ruined our carpets from peeing. She would crap anywhere she felt like it. We had the carpets replaced twice and finally had to put down hardwood floors. We think she has probably cost us $50-$75,000 in repairs/replacement and that is no exaggeration. This all happened when we started adding pets. So.....pets do not always adapt. Our Vet recommended it euthinization but the cat is my daughters and I just could not do that. Ok, let me get up and go feed that pain in the a$$ cat & empty her litter box. Mike - San Francisco Bay Area
You need to get on the Jackson Galaxy show!
Myles Astor, Senior Editor., Positive-Feedback.com, Goldmund Telos 300 amplifier, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi EVO phono and tape stages; Zellaton Plural EVO speakers; VPI Vanquish Turntable, VPI 12-inch Fat Boy gimbal arm and SAT LM-12 arm; Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga mk.2, vdh Colibri Master Signature cartridges; Technics 1506/FM heads; Various cables including TA, MIT, Kubala-Sosna, Skogrand, Viero L3 Equilibrio speaker cables, Audience, SRA Craz 3 rack, Isobase and OHIO Class XL+2.1 platforms.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Music Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
You need to get on the Jackson Galaxy show!
Trust me, I've had plenty of cats and this problem one has had 4 different very experience vets try to help. Like people some cats can not be changed.
I think maybe I should be on some show called "people who love animals to much for their own good".
I definitely will check out the Jackson Galaxy shoe though. Thanks.

Mike - San Francisco Bay Area
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect
Old 09-16-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
Watch Jackson Galaxy. He has great tips and ways to introduce cats to each other. In many cases, you need to put them in separate rooms and gradually introduce them, like putting their food on either side of a closed door and letting them smell each other. Then need to gradually go from there. Maybe with a gate, etc but use food as an incentive. It'll take time. Also make sure they have plenty of cat highways; another is to make sure there's vertical space/cat tree/wall shelves, etc. for your older to,escape to yet feel like he has his territory.

Also I don't think,the water bottle is necessarily the best means of directing their behavior. Also,make sure you have a couple of litter boxed around.
We did all of that the first time around, but they are old enough now (15 weeks) to be out and about on their own rather than cooped up in the bathroom. Plus, we figured with the kittens' "return engagement" that our adult cat would remember them, so we wouldn't have to go through the slow introduction process again. She still hisses and growls constantly, but she doesn't really try to hurt them. On occasion she swats at them, but she is declawed, so as long as she doesn't bite them, I don't think she can hurt them. At some point, if she doesn't quit swatting, they aren't going to take it, and they are not declawed, so it might hurt! I just hope things mellow out before then. Actually, yesterday, she was on one end of our bed and one of the kittens was on the other and she didn't hiss or anything, so we take it one moment at a time.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:22 AM
Music Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata View Post
We did all of that the first time around, but they are old enough now (15 weeks) to be out and about on their own rather than cooped up in the bathroom. Plus, we figured with the kittens' "return engagement" that our adult cat would remember them, so we wouldn't have to go through the slow introduction process again. She still hisses and growls constantly, but she doesn't really try to hurt them. On occasion she swats at them, but she is declawed, so as long as she doesn't bite them, I don't think she can hurt them. At some point, if she doesn't quit swatting, they aren't going to take it, and they are not declawed, so it might hurt! I just hope things mellow out before then. Actually, yesterday, she was on one end of our bed and one of the kittens was on the other and she didn't hiss or anything, so we take it one moment at a time.
Likely will all work out. Hopefully your older one doesn't start marking places, ie. spraying or peeing. That can be a nightmare.
Ps. Declawing is not a good thing. They say it's like cutting off the ends of your fingers. Don't mean to be an a$$ and lecture, but I had to say it.

Mike - San Francisco Bay Area
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect
Old 10-11-2014, 01:20 PM

No marking so far, just growling, hissing, swatting, and the occasional attempt to bite us when she's really stressed. We had our adult declawed when she was a kitten, but our vet uses a "humane" technique that doesn't remove the entire claw and is far less painful afterward. We did not have the kittens declawed, which we sort of regret every time we look at our (unintentional) scratches or when attempt to trim their claws: they hate it and wriggle around unceasingly! One is a polydactyl, so hers take a lot longer!
Old 10-11-2014, 02:17 PM

This big guy has all his fully working Front & rear claws.

I do trim/cut them frequently though.

He has his own Cat Furniture to do that scratching/sharpening his claws thing.

We are buddies ...........

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 10-11-2014, 03:53 PM
The Eagles are back.

Terry
Tiger is absolutely beautiful
Old 10-11-2014, 05:23 PM

Default All set for dinner

Our three dogs just waiting for their food.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG3.jpg (38.7 KB, 229 views)
2 Channel - Esoteric KO3, VPI Classic, C2300, MS300, MEN220, Bryston 7b SST, B&W 802D, JL F113 (2), MDA 1000, Olive 4HD, Sonos w/Remedy, WW Silver Eclipse ICs , Stillpoints Ultra mini, MR85 tuner, Aurender A10 server

Headphone listening
- Audeze LCD3 with Moon Audio Black Dragon Balanced cables, Sennheiser HD650, WW silver Eclipse Nano cable, Bryston BHA-1 amp

HT -
MX135, OPPO 103D, B&W CDM7, B&W center, Sony 65" LCD

Last edited by jdandy; 10-12-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Enlarge photo.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkoz View Post
Our three dogs just waiting for their food.
I hope dinner is ON THE PLATE - NOT HOLDING THE PLATE.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:51 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
Terry
Tiger is absolutely beautiful
Bob,

Tiger is a Big-Guy and certainly is a close buddy of mine for sure.

Thanks for your comments.

This is my other main interest .............

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html