AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Acoustical Treatments

Acoustical Treatments Because the room matters

Old 06-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Save Ferris

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustycat View Post
Just let your wife choose, that way you can spend more $$$ on equipment and you will say, “but I let you choose the Panels’ Colors, what more do you want from me?”

Listen to Krustycat....he's wise beyond his years

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Eidolon Vision, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: McIntosh C2300 preamp, McIntosh MC 402 amplifier Digital: Ayre C-5xeMP SACD/DVD audio player. Analog: VPI Classic Signature, Dynavector XX2 mkII cartridge. Phono Preamp: Audio Research Ref 2 SE
Old 06-09-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
I think GIK uses Guildford of Maine fabrics or you can get them as an option. FR 701 is the industry standard and comes in a lot of custom colors.

At any rate take the time to get a swatch book from GIK and/or GoM to see the fabrics as they will actually appear, not how they look on your (probably) uncalibrated monitor.

Also look at color combos from designers like Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfinger. They have some great Hunter/Navy/Burgundy combos.

Tom

The Guildford fabric is a option, you can contact GIK and they can send out samples. It’s what I did and I couldn’t be happier. Image1528573697.837668.jpg
2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPHANA View Post
My wife prefers coffee and green...

So, coffee or green it is then!
Main system: Linn Klimax Katalyst DSM; D’Agostino Momentum S250; Linn Uphorik; Rega RP10 w/Rega Aphelion; Sonus Faber Amati Futura; Shunyata Denali 6000T, Alpha NR & various Ztron powersnakes; Shunyata Ztron Cobra IC & SC; Quadraspire Sunoko-Vent T, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Mini, HRS Damping Plates; SonicTransporter i7 & Synology DS412+; Audio Desk Pro
Personal audio: Woo Audio WA6 & WA7, Auralic Aries Mini, A&K AK100 II, AKG Q701, Shure SE535, Shure SH1540, Westone ES50 Custom, Sennheiser HD800, MrSpeakers Aeon Flow C, Various Moon Audio dragons
2nd system: Luxman SQ-N100, PSB Imagine Mini, REL T-5, refurbished AR XA w/Nagaoka MP-200 & VPI cabling, Linn Klimax DSM Renew, Shunyata Venom PS8 w/Defender & Viper, Nordost Blue Heaven power & IC, Acoustic Zen sc, Symposium Svelte Shelves
Workshop: Vintage Yamaha CA-1010 amp & CT-1010 tuner, Martin Logan Motion 4, Squeezebox Touch, Schiit BiFrost, AZ & WW cables
Video: 65” Sony XBR65X850C; Vienna Acoustics Schönberg L/R, Webern center & surrounds; REL T1/T2/T3 subs; Arcam AVR850; Cambridge Audio 752BD; MIT-EXP SC
Old 06-09-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustycat View Post
Just let your wife choose, that way you can spend more $$$ on equipment and you will say, “but I let you choose the Panels’ Colors, what more do you want from me?”

I'm going to make a mental note of this suggestion for my own future use.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:59 PM

Yes my material on the soffit traps was Guilford, one of the whites. Looks good, as far as a gigantic rectangular pillar can lol.
Nad M12 preamp with BlueOS card, M22 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Wireworld Electra 7 power cords, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Audioquest Niagara 1000 power conditioner and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. Herbie's Tenderfeet, Cone and Hush Puckies isolation feet. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player
Old 06-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Life is beautiful

i also let my wife choose!

Kidding aside - well it wasn't really kidding, my wife has good taste so she chose the colours - we went for the same colour as our wall.
Since we had one wall painted very dark grey/brown (almost black), our room has become much quieter, and our gear goes well together with it also. The panels and bass traps are also black of course.
Except for some removable panels: red, because they are put in the red leather seats when we're alone.